Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football Manager 2018

Comments

• Main issue so far is the ridiculous amount of injuries you get. Its okay if you are a prem side with a large squad but about a month into my charlton game i didnt have enough players to make the bench. 3-4 injuries a game is a joke. Hopefully the first patch will sort this out. Currently 3rd in League one with 4 games left of the season. COYR.

May wait for the final version to come out next week in that case. How is our squad looking in general. Is anyone underrated etc?
  • Who ended up becoming the researcher in place of @Scoham (queue Driesen jokes!)
  • Really really struggled with injuries so far, lost Fosu for 3 months in the first friendly and then they just mounted up!

Interestingly the club is for sale straight away, although I haven't had a deal go through yet.
  • Main issue so far is the ridiculous amount of injuries you get. Its okay if you are a prem side with a large squad but about a month into my charlton game i didnt have enough players to make the bench. 3-4 injuries a game is a joke. Hopefully the first patch will sort this out. Currently 3rd in League one with 4 games left of the season. COYR.

May wait for the final version to come out next week in that case. How is our squad looking in general. Is anyone underrated etc?
    I have only played the first two season games but Kashi has got the best rating, also Dodoo he has scored 3 goals and 1 assist playing as RM (Had too because of injuries) in these games

Generally very impressed with the ratings of our players, pretty much spot on for all of them. Marshall and Magennis probably slightly underrated.
  • Holmes finally has decent stats for freekicks and longshots - 15 for each.
  • edited November 2017
    Cool, I found Holmes frustrating on the last one. Played really well when I played him as a winger in a 4-4-2 but was always poor for me in a 4-2-3-1 as an inside forward.

Is Fosu rated realistically? I was thinking he may be pretty poor as no one really expected him to be as good as he has been.

Are you playing with a lot of closing down, high tempo, hard tackling etc?

SI have said there were always too few injuries in the game. There are now more minor injuries which is more realistic. Sometimes you'll have an injury crisis just as a club can in real life.

To help avoid too many injuries you can use the new medical centre and also check the new tactical intensity rating.
  • se9addick said:

Who ended up becoming the researcher in place of @Scoham (queue Driesen jokes!)

They have a replacement but I don't know who it is.

I checked the credits and my name is still there - I guess that's updated for the final version.
  • Cool, I found Holmes frustrating on the last one. Played really well when I played him as a winger in a 4-4-2 but was always poor for me in a 4-2-3-1 as an inside forward.

Is Fosu rated realistically? I was thinking he may be pretty poor as no one really expected him to be as good as he has been.

Fosu is currently my top scorer with 19 goals and also has 11 assists, he is good i think starts at 3-3.5 star league one player with potential 4/4.5 stars.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

Main issue so far is the ridiculous amount of injuries you get. Its okay if you are a prem side with a large squad but about a month into my charlton game i didnt have enough players to make the bench. 3-4 injuries a game is a joke. Hopefully the first patch will sort this out. Currently 3rd in League one with 4 games left of the season. COYR.

SI have said there were always too few injuries in the game. There are now more minor injuries which is more realistic. Sometimes you'll have an injury crisis just as a club can in real life.

To help avoid too many injuries you can use the new medical centre and also check the new tactical intensity rating.
    I do not use high tempo or closing down. I find the medical centre useful but when it is telling me 9 players have a high risk of injury every game and they are all in my starting 11 there isnt a huge amount I can do. As i said im sure it works fine for prem clubs with large squads but lower league teams get shafted. You need 3 quality players in each position.
  • Konsa is total class when played as a ball playing defender at centre back. Aribo is a great option off the bench. Page maybe slightly overrated as his potential is the highest in my squad behind Dasilva!
  • Scoham said:

Main issue so far is the ridiculous amount of injuries you get. Its okay if you are a prem side with a large squad but about a month into my charlton game i didnt have enough players to make the bench. 3-4 injuries a game is a joke. Hopefully the first patch will sort this out. Currently 3rd in League one with 4 games left of the season. COYR.

I do not use high tempo or closing down. I find the medical centre useful but when it is telling me 9 players have a high risk of injury every game and they are all in my starting 11 there isnt a huge amount I can do. As i said im sure it works fine for prem clubs with large squads but lower league teams get shafted. You need 3 quality players in each position.
    What about training levels? You can check players individual training intensity isn't too high.

Are they resting enough, there are options to rest from training the day before or after a game.
  • Injuries has always been an issue in the Beta version
  • Anyone managed to figure out a solid tactic with Charlton yet? I’m really struggling, currently in 18th after 14 games!
  • Saulc23 said:

Anyone managed to figure out a solid tactic with Charlton yet? I’m really struggling, currently in 18th after 14 games!

4-2-3-1

JFC as an AP, Kashi as a BWM, Holmes IF, Reeves SS, Fosu W, Mag TM
  • edited November 2017
    I’m top after 10 games, but I’m having to watch every match on full because I’m having to change my tactic mid game most of the time.
  • A further 10 games in, I’m still top and I’ve finally settled on a formation. I played it in every one of the last 10 games, I won 8, drew 1 and lost 1.

4-2-3-1 , control, fluid.
    Team instructions: retain possession, play out of defence, work ball into box, play wider and use offside trap with a normal defensive line.

Amos: sweeper keeper. (Short kicks to centre backs)
    Solly: full back support
    Konsa: bpd, defend
    Pearce: centre back, defend
    Da Silva: full back, attack
    JFC: advanced playmaker, support
    Kashi: BMM, defend
    Holmes: inside forward, support
    Hesketh: attacking midfielder, attack. (On loan from Southampton and has been my best player)
    Fosu: winger, support
    Magennis: target man, attack.
  • Thank fuck I only play 2008 if I can be arsed!!
  • Best is a brilliant free signing
  • Sponsored links:

• Fm is far too in depth for me. I still play championship manager 01-02 from time to time I still think it's the greatest football manager game of all time. I love the simplicity of it

Have you tried FM touch or FM mobile? Touch is more like 01/02.

If you still prefer 01/02 people still make data updates for it - http://champman0102.co.uk
  • I love the detail of Football Manager, but due to time constraints I only play FM Touch now.
  • Pro tip: sell the Gomez and lookman clauses asap so you can get a decent budget
  • Scoham said:

Fm is far too in depth for me. I still play championship manager 01-02 from time to time I still think it's the greatest football manager game of all time. I love the simplicity of it

If you still prefer 01/02 people still make data updates for it - http://champman0102.co.uk
    So it's the 01/02 game but with all the modern day players/stadiums? If so this is probably the best news i'm likely to hear all week!
  • Scoham said:

Fm is far too in depth for me. I still play championship manager 01-02 from time to time I still think it's the greatest football manager game of all time. I love the simplicity of it

So it's the 01/02 game but with all the modern day players/stadiums? If so this is probably the best news i'm likely to hear all week!
    Players yes definitely players, I assume stadiums will have been updated as well.

I think there's even a patch that changes the start date to the current season.
  • Managed to get a 4-1-2-1-2 working yesterday.

Total games lost 8 all season (was at 5 after the first 5 games)

Amos - GK
    Da Silva - WB (Attack)
    Konsa - CD (Stopper)
    Pearce - CD (Defend)
    Solly - WB (Attack)
    Kashi - DLP (Defend)
    Joe Aribo - AP (Attack)
    Loanee from Everton, can't remember his name - BWM
    Reeves - Enganche
    Magennis DLF - Support
    KAG - AF - Attack

Attacking mentality - structured
    retain possession, play out of defence, work ball into box
    playing Fairly narrow - exploit the middle
  • Wonder what the trick is this year. In 17 it was playing narrow and dumping your forwards for shadow strikers. In 16 wing-backs were gods. Anyone have any idea what's working on this one?
  • I signed Danny Mullen from Livingston for £45k (scored 4 in 5), sold Konsa for £3m (of which I was given about £200k), signed Danny Guthrie on a free and Harry Wilson on loan from Liverpool.

Sitting in 6th after 9 games, undefeated and only now starting to click. Injuries are an issue though.

This is only the demo for now until I find a good deal on the full game