Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England kit

Anyone else pissed off the Gernany are playing in their home strip, and England - who are at home - are playing in blue

Who the hell makes these decisions ?

Comments

• Anyone else pissed off the Gernany are playing in their home strip, and England - who are at home - are playing in blue

Wearing the blue kit was apparently a commercial decision, presumably England's contract with Nike means they have to wear that kit at some stage...
  • yeah...I'm wondering the exact same thing...I tuned in just as the keeper saved the 1st attack,I thought it was England who missed the chance,not Pickford saving...

Trying to sell a few more shirts I recs...Home kit 2nd half anyone...;)
  • I wonder how many other countries sell their soul to corporates like we do

#pissedoff
  • England were always wearing blue tonight (announced the other day ) is it a new kit?

• Total sell out.
    Just what I expect from the FA
    The FA can fuck right off in my opinion.
    And now doubt the same as many others seeing how many empty seats there are.
    Nice brexit olive branch though.

#pissedoff

We were one of the last I think.

#pissedoff

Really ?

Would Gernany have done the same if they were at home ?

#pissedoff

Loads.

#pissedoff

Apparently the whole reason that Nike bought Umbro was to get the England kit...

• Sponsored links:

• Anyone else pissed off the Gernany are playing in their home strip, and England - who are at home - are playing in blue

It's disgraceful. I know they won't but FIFA/UEFA should make home shirts mandatory if you're playing at home.
  • I agree that we should always wear home strip at home (I felt the same when Charlton wore their blue shirt at The Valley a few months ago) but in all fairness England have worn their change strip at Wembley against Germany before and from what I hear that day went rather well.
  • Apparently blue looks good with jeans - which is, obviously, a major criteria for an athlete’s ‘uniform’.

I do think, though, that football sold it’s soul a long time ago!
  • edited November 2017

I wonder how many other countries sell their soul to corporates like we do

#pissedoff

Really ?

Would Gernany have done the same if they were at home ?
    Lots of national sides got sponsorship before we signed up with Green Flag years ago. Ireland were sponsored by Opel for etc and I bet most countries do have such deals now. (I think Scotland are sponsored by a branch of Gregs in Fife for example).

We won the world cup at Wembley with them playing in white and us in our away. It's really not sacrilege compared to the multitude of other ways the game has sold out.

Top flight football is a corporate extravaganza now days. ..look at the corporateness of Wembley stadium etc.

I'm surprised anyone is surprised that deals like this with Nike exist as unpalatable as they are. I do agree with the sentiment though and some things should be sacrosanct but I lost faith in that notion when Manchester United were permitted to evade the FA Cup and then subsequently they started pissing about with cup final kick off times even allowing competing premier league fixtures at the same time.

#pissedoff

Apparently the whole reason that Nike bought Umbro was to get the England kit...

We're probably the number one nation for purchasers of nationa football shirts after your lot with the Argentina strip.
  • From multiple sites in the last week

England's footballers will wear blue when they face old foes Germany at Wembley on Friday.

The decision has been taken for commercial reasons because colour clashes with recent away opponents — France , Scotland and Lithuania — mean the blue change strip has been worn far less than expected, and the FA want to be fair to fans who have purchased the replica shirt.
  • Nike have been shockingly lazy in recent years, while Germany are wearing bespoke Adidas kit, we're stuck in a dull template design, shared with several other nations and teams

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/world-cup-2018-kits-adidas-11477462

• Think it's worth noting that Germany had just launched their quite smart bespoke kit, and that might very well have played a role in the decision. In the friendly a couple years ago they wore their away kit at home because (I think) it had just been launched.

On the list of things that annoy me in football this is very low down it. And I actually like the dark blue England kit. My problem with the FA, as usual, is the inability to channel all their sponsorship and corporate money into effective grassroots overhaul or to have proper oversight of the game in their country.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2017

Nike have been shockingly lazy in recent years, while Germany are wearing bespoke Adidas kit, we're stuck in a dull template design, shared with several other nations and teams

Nike kits are so boring. I can’t think of one kit they have produced that’s is actually that nice.
  • That Belgium kit looks like something you'd play golf in. Smart.
  • Nike have been shockingly lazy in recent years, while Germany are wearing bespoke Adidas kit, we're stuck in a dull template design, shared with several other nations and teams

Nike kits are so boring. I can’t think of one kit they have produced that’s is actually that nice.
    I'm so glad we moved away from Nike. You look at Man City, Spurs and Chelsea all wearing the same template design, indeed the Chelsea away kit is almost identical to the Spurs home shirt, other than a slightly different shade of blue

• SDAddick said:

Think it's worth noting that Germany had just launched their quite smart bespoke kit, and that might very well have played a role in the decision. In the friendly a couple years ago they wore their away kit at home because (I think) it had just been launched.

On the list of things that annoy me in football this is very low down it. And I actually like the dark blue England kit. My problem with the FA, as usual, is the inability to channel all their sponsorship and corporate money into effective grassroots overhaul or to have proper oversight of the game in their country.

Although I've liked your post, I want it noted that the emboldened comment is excluded from that like, as it's both disgusting and wrong.
  • Gillis said:

SDAddick said:

Think it's worth noting that Germany had just launched their quite smart bespoke kit, and that might very well have played a role in the decision. In the friendly a couple years ago they wore their away kit at home because (I think) it had just been launched.

Although I've liked your post, I want it noted that the emboldened comment is excluded from that like, as it's both disgusting and wrong.
    Noted.
  • I just dont like the fact its blue... As an England team it should either be white or red

Englands standard away was blue until the 1950s, with the odd blue third kit from the 70s-90s.

I'm so glad we moved away from Nike. You look at Man City, Spurs and Chelsea all wearing the same template design, indeed the Chelsea away kit is almost identical to the Spurs home shirt, other than a slightly different shade of blue

I do find it odd that people complain that all shirts use templates these days, but go all misty eyed about 60s-70s shirts that were practically identical barring a different badge stitched on.
  • edited November 2017
    We wore our home kit in Munich for the 5-1.

• We should always, always wear red when playing the germans. No exceptions.