Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

We've been drawn away to Swansea U21s in the Checkatrade

Comments

• As an aside should the poppy symbol have the Charlton badge stuck in it?
  • Wem ber ley
    Wem ber ley
  • Can be the first to say 'I couldn't give a f**k'
  • Wem ber ley
    Wem ber ley

Your driving
  • U21 shouldn't even be in it let alone play at home
  • We'll bring the M4 to a standstill.
  • 186 Charlton new ground/ just so they can say they did.

I thought the U21 sides had to always play away anyway?

Correct
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m actually quite excited. Not a new ground as we have played there before.
  • edited November 2017

U21 shouldn't even be in it let alone play at home

Correct
    Incorrect.
  • I’m actually quite excited. Not a new ground as we have played there before.

Precisely. Just ask LargeAddick - he's still fuming at Parky for not going for the win (I think we draw 1-1)
  • Yes it was 1-1, nasty horrible fans.
  • Yes it was 1-1, nasty horrible fans.

We're not that bad
  • edited November 2017
    When ?????!!!!!
  • Went there for the 1-1 game in 2009, s*** ground.

We'll have a maximum of 50 there.
  • This is the news I've been waiting for.

Happy chops is back

I thought that any Premiership U21 teams had to play away - so i'm expecting this to be held at home.

In that case a crowd of around 1200 maybe.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2017

Went there for the 1-1 game in 2009, s*** ground.

I thought that any Premiership U21 teams had to play away - so i'm expecting this to be held at home.

In that case a crowd of around 1200 maybe.
    I think that rule applied to the group stage only. Can't they just toss a coin or something to decide the result?

Edit: "Invited teams will also play all of their group matches away from home" - source: BBC website.
  • When will our game be played? Can't see it listed yet but a new ground for me so fancy it.
  • When will our game be played? Can't see it listed yet but a new ground for me so fancy it.

Apparently the club are running a 8 seater mini bus . Get in there before it sells out .
  • Crap draw. U21 teams at home after the group stage is ridiculous, there will be nobody there.
  • They still have not completed the group stages yet, the final group stage matches are not being played until the end of November. I think that West Ham are the only team that will not play at home in the knock out stage even if the get a home draw, must be something to do with the number of games they are allowed to play as the OS.
  • LouisMend said:

Crap draw. U21 teams at home after the group stage is ridiculous, there will be nobody there.

Both clubs would be keen to forfeit home advantage. Shows it up for the nonsense that it is.

Nicky Bailey got our goal if my memory serves me rightly.
  • LouisMend said:

Crap draw. U21 teams at home after the group stage is ridiculous, there will be nobody there.

U21s in this competition is ridiculous. Instead of U21 if they want a group format and 64 teams then invite Conference sides.
  • LouisMend said:

U21s in this competition is ridiculous. Instead of U21 if they want a group format and 64 teams then invite Conference sides.
    That won't work. The idea is apparently to have U21 teams to stave off the prospect of B teams in the EFL, although I've never really understood the logic.