Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who knows this?

When you knock on someone’s door in this fashion/ combination of knocks why do you do it?
Tap tap tap tap tap........tap tap.

This was first used in The United States by travelling street barbers who had either a small hand cart or bicycle. On the handle bars or cart handle they would have a hollowed out piece of hard wood and a stick with which they would tap out...... tap tap tap tap tap.....tap tap whilst calling out.......... “Shave and a haircut two bits.”
Do I get a promote?

Comments

• How times have changed. Today if a strange man with a handle bar moustache and a bag of sharp implements came Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap ...Tap Tap with a stick outside your door, you’d be straight on the blower to either the cops or a the local lunatic asylum to see if anybody is on the loose
  • We had a door-to-door plumber come round shouting that
  • We had a door-to-door plumber come round shouting that

How was the shave? And did he offer to unclog your pipes afterwards?
  • edited November 2017
    105 views and only one like so far ya miserable bunch of bastards!
    Not even Stephen Fry would know that.
  • You can tell the international break is once again upon us
  • cabbles said:

You can tell the international break is once again upon us

Fuck that......just give me a like.
  • cabbles said:

Very true @cabbles but least it’s a bit classier than what do you call your appendage thread from the last break
  • edited November 2017
    That's clearly wrong - everyone knows it goes

Tap tappedty tap tap, tap tap

• cabbles said:

If yoi are bored I am sure I can come up with a new thread
  • cabbles said:

What.....better than this one?
    No way pal.....no way!
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

What.....better than this one?
    No way pal.....no way!
    @SoundAsa£ check out the mince pie croissant thread, maybe not better, but definitely different.
  • Fuck off......I’m sulking.
  • I knew that!
  • Did the barber's use scissors or strimmers and did they offer a happy ending.?
  • We used to say: "How's your Father?: all right!"
  • edited November 2017

When you knock on someone’s door in this fashion/ combination of knocks why do you do it?

This was first used in The United States by travelling street barbers who had either a small hand cart or bicycle. On the handle bars or cart handle they would have a hollowed out piece of hard wood and a stick with which they would tap out...... tap tap tap tap tap.....tap tap whilst calling out.......... “Shave and a haircut two bits.”
    Do I get a promote?

You sure it aint the blind man's knock?

The story goes that a nun has got out the shower when there's a knock on the door, tap tap tap tap tap........tap tap..

She goes to the door and says 'who is it?'

A voice replies "It's the blind man from the village" so the nun doesnt bother to cover up, as its only the blind man and she lets him in and goes "how can I help?"

The blind man replies "Cor, that's a nice pair of tits,now where you want this blind?"
  • edited November 2017
    The real question is did they cut your hair to 4 or a 5
  • When you knock on someone’s door in this fashion/ combination of knocks why do you do it?

Do I get a promote?

You sure it aint the blind man's knock?

The story goes that a nun has got out the shower when there's a knock on the door, tap tap tap tap tap........tap tap..

She goes to the door and says 'who is it?'

A voice replies "It's the blind man from the village" so the nun doesnt bother to cover up, as its only the blind man and she lets him in and goes "how can I help?"

The blind man replies "Cor, that's a nice pair of tits,now where you want this blind?"
    You should get a promote for telling the oldest joke ever on CL.
  • I love a nice pair of knockers