Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton vs Truro Photos and Match Report

Hi all,

I'm a neutral(ish) non league write and photographer who attended today's match. Apologies for hijacking your forum, but I thought some Charlton fans may be interested in seeing the pictures and report.

Charlton Athletic FC

Comments

• very good article mate, although one more round before champ sides come in!
  • Mike said:

very good article mate, although one more round before champ sides come in!

Sounds like time for a quick amendment...
  • Nice report and some great photos.
  • Excellent report and pics @GRTourist - thank you.
  • I really enjoyed reading your report @GRTourist and the photos are great! Thanks for sharing!!

I miss Charlton ( the place and the football club) since moving away in 2011 and your report brought back a lot of memories including what looks like the never changing set breakfast no. 3 from the Valley Cafe.

I hope you enjoyed your day and have bookmarked your site to follow with interest.

• I really enjoyed reading your report @GRTourist and the photos are great! Thanks for sharing!!

I miss Charlton ( the place and the football club) since moving away in 2011 and your report brought back a lot of memories including what looks like the never changing set breakfast no. 3 from the Valley Cafe.

I hope you enjoyed your day and have bookmarked your site to follow with interest.

Set 1, plus black pudding and an extra egg. £7.20, but well worth it! Thanks for the kind words - it was a great club to visit.
  • Impressive. Enjoyed reading that.
  • Wasn't able to make the game today...but that was a great read,brilliant breakdown of the day,fantastic neutral view of the game in depth,thank you & quality photos too,
    nice one & thank you...
  • Well done nice report and pics and a nicely laid out site, thanks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good read. Thanks.
  • Really enjoyed your report, thanks
  • Very good. Glad you enjoyed your visit to these Northern climes. Welcome back anytime.
  • One of the best write-ups I've read in along time & excellent photos - especially liked the one of The Valley in the foreground & the London skyline behind.
  • Great report and pictures.
  • Great article and pics(although I can see myself in the first one, I am glad I left just before ref blew otherwise I would be in 2 pics urghhh)
  • Thank you for this.

I was unable to attend today and thoroughly enjoyed your article and photographs.
  • Ricky Holmes – absurdly fast, and justly abused by Truro’s support throughout for an equally absurd top knot.

Oh here we go, top knotism at its very worst. You'll be hearing from his lawyers in about 14 years time.

... Otherwise a great report and pictures, thanks.
  • Excellent read that mate. Good pictures as well.
  • One of the best write-ups I've read in along time & excellent photos - especially liked the one of The Valley in the foreground & the London skyline behind.

Cheers - got that one from a misguided attempt to walk around the ground - two miles and an excursion into the back garden of a nursing home later I got that picture!
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks for sharing. Regarding your train journey to the ground - I assume the reference to the bowels of South East London was a comment about passing the picturesque Toolbox and the contiguous, quaint, waste incinerator?
  • Enjoyed that. Thanks.
  • “one of those dirty Northerners, Mark Marshall, from the notoriously northern outpost of Deptford”

Made me smile.
  • cafcfan said:

Thanks for sharing. Regarding your train journey to the ground - I assume the reference to the bowels of South East London was a comment about passing the picturesque Toolbox and the contiguous, quaint, waste incinerator?

I do love a good waste incinerator...
  • Really super photos; as a photographer myself I look with a critical eye. Like the way you covered the afternoon in detail - including your cholesterol-fuelled fry-up in the Valley Café and view over the stand roof to city skyline. Naturally, the stars of the show are the action pictures, bursting with vim and verve. Love your opener of Ricky Holmes in full flight, pursued by a mirror image in blue. Tremendously good work. Best wishes!
  • Really super photos; as a photographer myself I look with a critical eye. Like the way you covered the afternoon in detail - including your cholesterol-fuelled fry-up in the Valley Café and view over the stand roof to city skyline. Naturally, the stars of the show are the action pictures, bursting with vim and verve. Love your opener of Ricky Holmes in full flight, pursued by a mirror image in blue. Tremendously good work. Best wishes!

Thanks for this, really appreciate the comments.