Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton vs Truro: Post Match views

Well, we got through. Sloppy in parts I thought but pleased to be in the draw

Thoughts please

Comments

• Away tie against Maidstone in the next round please... Didnt go yet from the BBC pictures it didnt look as though the players got out of 2nd gear and could have upped their performance if needed

Still dont know why Jackson started as he and a few looked a bit like they were ball watching ahead of their goal.

Credit to Truro as going by reports it could have been 4-0 within 10mins; God knows why they tactically started without a man up front though, seemed as though they let the occasion get to them and then woke up
  • edited November 2017
    JFC's personal struggle with their goalmouth was both hilarious and absorbing. Movie of the week IMO
  • I realize that they conceded a goal, but other wise I don't think there's any more they could do. They won the game, move on to the next.
  • edited November 2017
    My feelings about this are the same as my feelings about when England beat a poor team in qualifying--you can't really read much into it because you can't get any positive marks against teams much worse than you, only negative ones and thus it's always a hiding to nothing.

Hopefully no injuries or knocks. I suppose with two weeks until the next league game it's a good run out for the lads. Job done, we move on
  • I realize that they conceded a goal, but other wise I don't think there's any more they could do. They won the game, move on to the next.

The poor way Amos tried to stop the header I like to think it was a nice gesture from us to reward their efforts and send their fans home with something.
  • Less than 4,000 home fans - 22,000 empty seats. Be thankful we are making a fist of it in the league or this might have been nearer the actually attendances for League fixtures (season tickets minus absentees). Let's hope we are drawn away in the second round.
  • Sponsored links:

• Less than 4,000 home fans - 22,000 empty seats. Be thankful we are making a fist of it in the league or this might have been nearer the actually attendances for League fixtures (season tickets minus absentees). Let's hope we are drawn away in the second round.

Why?
  • Truro Under 21s away in the next round, perhaps.
  • Once again it's the attacking midfielders who get the goals, between Holmes, Fosu, and Reeves, with Marshall and Clarke also contributing, we are so potent there.

A shame Dodoo didn't score, as we do need him to also offer a goal threat until we can strengthen in January

• If Dodoo and KAG can’t score against Truro should we be playing one of the youngsters instead next time ?

They are youngsters
  • Been out, what was the score?
  • Firstly well done to truro and their fans.. Top class those i spoke to. Gave us a fright for10 mins after they scored But today we showed our deficiency in front of goal. Top striker is needed... Dodoo is pants.
  • At least KAG stretched them and looks threatening , even if his end product is still poor. Dodoo offers absolutely nothing; I wouldn't use him again rotate 4 of our 5 good attacking players in the front 4 positions
  • PWR.

Considering the entire world would have preferred a Truro win I am satisfied with the outcome and look forward to Gateshead away in the next round.

To be honest the main interest in the game for me was with regard to Truro and their big day, and they acquitted themselves very well.

We were never in much danger of losing, but they were well organised and had good support and a decent attitude. The Truro goalkeeper, and the big hairy goalscoring bloke up top played well. They scored and hit the woodwork (their keeper made a good save onto the woodwork first half) and had a number of on target efforts.

The players and crowd especially struggled to rouse themselves, and in a game where we had nothing to win, we won and it was a job done.

There isn't much of the not previously known to take away from this afternoon, beyond realising that Ben Reeves disguises a pass well.

The actual result is the significant factor, and we can all crowd round our telly's tomorrow with some interest in proceedings.
  • Sponsored links:

• ' Er indoors saw them switch to The Valley when the game finished and asked me why Jackson was wearing a back bra?

I was out of the room so missed it but can only assume that 'Jackson's bra' is some sort of pro zone monitoring vest or equivalent.

Am I right or is the Skipper in transition?
  • As I said on another thread, we wanted to win and give Reeves and Marshall some more game time. Job done

Harvey - well worth signing
  • LenGlover said:

' Er indoors saw them switch to The Valley when the game finished and asked me why Jackson was wearing a back bra?

I was out of the room so missed it but can only assume that 'Jackson's bra' is some sort of pro zone monitoring vest or equivalent.

all the players wear them under their shirts. Monitors how far they run etc etc
  • Crusty54 said:

LenGlover said:

' Er indoors saw them switch to The Valley when the game finished and asked me why Jackson was wearing a back bra?

all the players wear them under their shirts. Monitors how far they run etc etc
    And they lift and separate too.
  • Amos was lucky not to get two yellows for time wasting.