Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tony Pulis at Stoke City

13»

Comments

• Just said on radio 5 that Mark Hughes is emerging as favourite to take over. I don't think he is as bad as he is currently portrayed. Sure had a mare at QPR but so did a few.
  • Pulis would be a good choice for Wolves, you aren't going to get 'total football' but he knows how to get through the leagues and get the job done.
  • Pulis would be a good choice for Wolves, you aren't going to get 'total football' but he knows how to get through the leagues and get the job done.

Agree
  • Riviera said:

Just said on radio 5 that Mark Hughes is emerging as favourite to take over. I don't think he is as bad as he is currently portrayed. Sure had a mare at QPR but so did a few.

He makes more sense than Martinez, Martinez's style of passing football would never work with the current players Stoke have.

Not that he would take the job, he can hold out for a Championship team at the least, he gets results which a struggling/lower table team would take over slick passing and possession. Wolves as a club are going down the toilet, and any manager worth the time of day would know it.
  • Riviera said:

Just said on radio 5 that Mark Hughes is emerging as favourite to take over. I don't think he is as bad as he is currently portrayed. Sure had a mare at QPR but so did a few.

He makes more sense than Martinez, Martinez's style of passing football would never work with the current players Stoke have.
    Martinez style doesn't really work at all in the league does it?
  • The problem for Stoke will be if they change their current style of football they will have to change the majority of players to get it working. That will expose them to a Dowie type scenario, however they will more likely get someone in that can actually do it properly. If not, doing a Charlton will come in to the frame
  • thenewbie said:

Pulis would be a good choice for Wolves, you aren't going to get 'total football' but he knows how to get through the leagues and get the job done.

Not that he would take the job, he can hold out for a Championship team at the least, he gets results which a struggling/lower table team would take over slick passing and possession. Wolves as a club are going down the toilet, and any manager worth the time of day would know it.
    Wolves are still a big club, they have plenty of cash too (for now at least) with the parachute payments, so they could probably pay him more than most clubs could.

The problem is that he only really knows one way to play.
  • BBC says Hughes favourite to take over..................LOL
  • Will Stoke have enough ambition for Hughes?

Afterall isn't that why he left Fulham..

Presume he wants to work with money.
  • Sponsored links:

• Will Stoke have enough ambition for Hughes?

Afterall isn't that why he left Fulham..

Presume he wants to work with money.

Hughes has probably had to re evaluate his ambitions after the last couple of seasons!
  • edited May 2013
    Mark Hughes getting another job.. unbelievable

Just shows you what a good career and connections can do.
  • Oh, the irony! Hughes wins 0 from 17 at QPR and takes the job of a guy who kept his team up five years running.

By Christmas they will be begging Pulis to return as they languish in the bottom three.
  • Can't stand Hughes
  • And the Stoke fans were complaining about the quality of football? If we don't go up next season we'll be playing htem the one after.
  • Darren Fletcher peddling the "Charlton fans wanted Curbishley out" myth on the latest 606 in relation to the Pulis sacking
  • Tick tock

Curbs'll be 16/1
  • Tick tock

Curbs'll be 16/1

West Brom will be fine under Pulis... Get rid of him and I reckon thats when they'll be a relegation candidate

Also reckon that Palace will try and get him (quietly taking behind Hodgson's back) should West Brom sack him
  • Tick tock

Curbs'll be 16/1

West Brom will be fine under Pulis... Get rid of him and I reckon thats when they'll be a relegation candidate

Also reckon that Palace will try and get him (quietly taking behind Hodgson's back) should West Brom sack him
    Really? After the fall out between him and Palace that ended in a court battle? Doubtful.
  • edited November 2017

Tick tock

Curbs'll be 16/1

I think he is under a bit of pressure though, and deservedly, as they are playing negative boring football at the moment, but not picking up results either. Hardly any clean sheets this season, for example
  • Sponsored links:

• Pulis has always been one of those people that I don't like. Don't like his stile of play and comes across as a twat.

Old man in a baseball cap, very Millwall.
  • Tick tock

Curbs'll be 16/1

I think he is under a bit of pressure though, and deservedly, as they are playing negative boring football at the moment, but not picking up results either. Hardly any clean sheets this season, for example
    He got crucified yesterday. Started with a back 5 and 3 defensive midfielders in the lineup for a game v Huddersfield
  • Tick tock

Curbs'll be 16/1

He got crucified yesterday. Started with a back 5 and 3 defensive midfielders in the lineup for a game v Huddersfield
    The sort of formation you'd expect playing at Man City, but that was the sort of game you'd expect an established PL side to be more proactive in, an ideal opportunity to go after 3 points