Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rugby League World Cup 2017

All starts today Kangaroos v England, live on BBC 9am.

England's aim will be to get to the Final, not done that since 95

Comments

• Can anyone see anything other than Aus NZ final?
  • MrOneLung said:

Can anyone see anything other than Aus NZ final?

I can. England will beat New Zealand if they meet in the Semi Final. Big game today for England, where a win today should give them an easier path to the final.

Australia with Slater, Cronk and Smith (all team mates at Melbourne) are difficult to beat.

However England have the best stand off in the NRL in Widdop and the form 7 in Gale. Burgess, Roby, Graham and O'Loughlin if on form will be difficult to stop.
  • MrOneLung said:

Can anyone see anything other than Aus NZ final?

Will be interesting to see how New Zealand go having lost players to Tonga and Samoa
  • nice early England try ... LONG way to go
  • What on earth was that pre match aussie display. Just caught the end of it. Absolutely cringeworthy.

Come on England!

• Australia looking strong. But England can still win this
  • We have had to use so much energy to keep them out, will be a struggle to win this from here
  • edited October 2017
    Cant afford not to complete the sets. We have hardly been in their half. The kicking game needs to improve.

Too much energy being used up in defence, but only one score down.
  • Amazingly we are still only a converted try down.....10-4 with 25 mins to go.
    We can win or at least draw this!
  • A real battle. England's progress will depend on Burgess getting back from injury
  • Sponsored links:

• Much better in that second half from England. Got it out wide as it was hard going through the middle and looked good. Kicking game better. No sloppy passes as well.

Both sides will get better and will meet in the final in Brisbane.
  • Not bothered about Rugby League so this holds no interest for me. Wont post again but safe to say I would obviously like England to win it, or at least get into the final, but being beaten handsomely in their first game wont help.
  • Not bothered about Rugby League so this holds no interest for me. Wont post again but safe to say I would obviously like England to win it, or at least get into the final, but being beaten handsomely in their first game wont help.

You clearly didn't watch that game then!
  • I had to leave for work after the first aussie try. What was the final score?

From what I saw England put up an epic defence.
  • 18-4
    Three tries to one
    England better side in the second half
    Best team won but 18-12 would have reflected performance
    Lots of positives, will improve and can win the tournament
  • England are still second/third best .. and have been since God was a wee lad

Rubbish mate!
  • edited October 2017

Not bothered about Rugby League so this holds no interest for me. Wont post again but safe to say I would obviously like England to win it, or at least get into the final, but being beaten handsomely in their first game wont help.

Rubbish mate!
    The scoreline in no way reflected England’s performance.

• Burgess out for 3/4 weeks, but they expect him back for the Semi Finals.
  • Sponsored links:

• Big win for PNG over the Welsh.

New Zealand v Samoa next. 2 big packs and should be a tight game. New Zealand to win by 10
  • shirty5 said:

Big win for PNG over the Welsh.

New Zealand v Samoa next. 2 big packs and should be a tight game. New Zealand to win by 10

Thanks for the great tip lol did new Zealand by 1-12 points
  • shirty5 said:

Big win for PNG over the Welsh.

Thanks for the great tip lol did new Zealand by 1-12 points
    It was never a tip but just my opinion. I would never advise anyone to follow my betting advice.
  • Comfortable wins for New Zealand and Fiji today. Samoa looked good against the Kiwi's in the first half but were blowing out of their arses in that second stanza and we're blown away by some good play from a couple of young lads on debut.
  • Excellent win by the Irish over the Italians.
  • Big win for the Aussies v France.

England v Lebanon live on BBC 2 at 8:30 tomorrow morning. No Burgess, Currie into the 2nd Row, with Walmsley on the interchange. Otherwise England unchanged from the defeat to Australia.

• Looking forward to it, expect an England win but Lebanon have some decent players and should make it a good game to watch
  • Bar a couple of soft pens, it's a been a good half for England,
  • 29-10 win but a slack second half from England. Fair play to the opposition.