Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

25th Anniversary - Back to The Valley match & dinner

Comments

• For those not on Twitter...

The 25th Anniversary Committee would like to thank all the fans who came out to support the Legends United event and make it such a success. With final reconciliation still to be done, the event has already raised over £30,000 for Charlton Athletic Community Trust (CACT), which is a huge achievement.

The committee is now delighted to announce in conjunction with the club, the plans for the Back at The Valley game on Saturday, December 9th. This will be a really special day, with Charlton taking on Portsmouth in an echo of the first game back at The Valley in December 1992. The committee have invited a host of legends from the 1992-93 season and the last 25 years back to attend the game, and fans will have the opportunity to meet them in the legends lounge in Crossbars.

To celebrate this anniversary, and to recognise the important work that CACT has been doing across South East London and Kent over the last 25 years, the club is donating 25% of home ticket revenue from the game along with 25% of matchday programme sales to the charity.

In addition to the celebrations on December 9th, the committee is holding a gala dinner on Sunday, December 10th with Charlton legends attending as the guests of honour.

Sir Stuart Etherington, Chair of the 25th Anniversary Committee, said: “The Committee are delighted with the club’s generous support for the anniversary celebrations and for CACT. It will be a weekend to remember, and we hope to see as many fans as possible there.”

Katrien Meire, Chief Executive of Charlton Athletic, said: “The Legends United match was such a fantastic event and the perfect way to begin our season of celebration. It was a pleasure to see so many of the legends who have made this club what it is and we’re looking forward to welcoming some of them back for the game against Portsmouth.

“We hope December 9th at the game and the 10th at the celebration dinner will be very special days at The Valley for the fans and everyone connected with Charlton.”

Please look out for more information about how to book the dinner soon, and get hold of your tickets for the game in the usual way from the club ticket office when they go on sale.
  • "Katrien Meire, Chief Executive of Charlton Athletic, said..."

Whaaaaaaaa it's the first time she has spoken a word for nearly a year!!!!
  • "Katrien Meire, Chief Executive of Charlton Athletic, said..."

Let's hope it's the last.
  • "A pleasure to see so many of legends who made the club what it is". Bet she couldn't name any of them.

Polish Pete
    Thuram
    Etc etc
  • So who's going to the dinner then?
  • iainment said:

So who's going to the dinner then?

How much does it cost and what's the range of vegetarian options?
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

iainment said:

Don't believe this has been announced yet
  • seth plum said:

iainment said:

• edited October 2017

"Katrien Meire, Chief Executive of Charlton Athletic, said..."

...and she hasn't spoken now.

The PR team will have put the line in front of her and said "these are your words, are you OK with them". Given her inability to elucidate anything of value or note in clear, plain and understandable English, she would simply have nodded in agreement.

Notwithstanding all of that, there is enough to be admired in the plans. Most of what they have done in the last few years is crap - some of it (noticeably when there is outside influence and it isn't a small cabal of the "SMT") isn't.

• edited October 2017

seth plum said:

iainment said:

https://j.gifs.com/vb20nr.gif
  • The photo of the fans at that I still have the the placard in my garage of hurray were back at the Valley.
  • iainment said:

IN!
  • Nug said:

Swisdom said:

iainment said:

IN!
    I would have bet my house on that post.
    So that’s Swisdom, Mrs Swisdom, Mr Swisdom Senior, Grannie Swisdom, the Swisdom twins.... and, er, .........er..............
  • Sponsored links:

• Nug said:

Swisdom said:

iainment said:

IN!
    Wouldn’t miss this for the world. I was there against Stoke for the last game, there against Pompey for the return and once or twice since then and in between.

People aren’t going to boycott this surely??

• Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

iainment said:

IN!
    Wouldn’t miss this for the world. I was there against Stoke for the last game, there against Pompey for the return and once or twice since then and in between.

Let's see what the price is first
  • Rob7Lee said:

cafc999 said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

iainment said:

IN!

£95 a ticket or a table of 10 for £900.
    Is that for real Rob?
    £95 I`ll give it a miss
  • HarryLime said:

Rob7Lee said:

cafc999 said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

iainment said:

IN!

£95 a ticket or a table of 10 for £900.
    Is that for real Rob?
    £95 I`ll give it a miss
    I never joke about money :blush:

Yes thats thats the pricing i've seen from CACT.
  • Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

iainment said:

IN!

I've never gone to this sort of function and never would.

So although I'm still boycotting matches I'm not boycotting the dinner as I wouldn't have gone anyway.
  • At 95 notes a pop, some people must have more money than sense, if they are willing to pay that.
  • Agreed it takes the average fan out of the equation, shame