Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**COUNTDOWN TO PROMOTION 17/18**

Comments

• edited September 2017
    We have take all our points off teams who have a combined 16 points from their 24 games played. Not time to be putting the champagne on ice quite yet.
  • We have take all our points off teams who have a combined 16 points from their 24 games played. Not time to be putting the champagne on ice quite yet.

Yes, but if they had all beaten Charlton they would have 28 points ! :wink:
  • Kiss of death
  • We'll be promoted at Rochdale

Ad in the programme?
  • We have take all our points off teams who have a combined 16 points from their 24 games played. Not time to be putting the champagne on ice quite yet.

Yes, but if they had all beaten Charlton they would have 28 points ! :wink:
    So by season end, they would all finish mid-table and Katrien and Co. would be turning another corner next season :wink:
  • promotion gained at Pompy - you heard it here first.
  • I don't get why this thread isn't top every week!
    Must run to check on my toad in the hole....
  • You're obviously having a great deal of fun and satisfaction utv.
    Long may it continue!
  • edited September 2017
    A good start but too early yet to be over excited. Injuries will have a huge say if promotion is on, and the thin squad in certain areas may disadvantage the club.

However with plenty of good fortune and luck, then top 2 is the minimum to be expected from a poor league.

It would be lovely to be back in the Championship by May and with new owners as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Play offs comfortably at least , top two with a following wind
  • Not being outbid by our promotion rivals in the January window will be key.

We would have drawn or lost to them last season.

We would have drawn or lost to them last season.
    Last season we beat Bristol R at home, drew with Northampton at home and lost at Oldham.

This season we won all three games.

(can't meaningfully compare Plymouth or Rotherham).
  • Play offs comfortably at least , top two with a following wind

Someone hacked your account?

Not used to such optimism!
  • Here we are again!
  • Injury free, I have no doubt we will go up as champions.
  • Here we are again!

Getting boring now
  • clb74 said:

Here we are again!

Getting boring now
    Lol. This is my kind of boring.
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:

Here we are again!

Getting boring now
    Lol. This is my kind of boring.
    Be back on this thread Tuesday night
  • Bump
    Saves me coming on here Tuesday night
  • We go up, palace, millwall and west ham down, roly completes the training ground and then clears off and then we can have a proper tilt at the premiership with a top class academy in our locker - playing at a sold out valley - we've endured a bad patch but honestly think this is the start of a more sustainable period of success - which, like the return to the valley and subsequent prem years, will be even sweeter for having endured the crap. The on pitch performance now needs to be matched by a return of absent fans - apart from those too deeply entrenched in wallowing in their own principles, the rest will return. I do think that there are also some, that have used the 'not returning until rd has gone' line is a convenient excuse but for the rest, we just need to encourage them back down there - football turns around very quickly and for most that are missing, all they really care about is that the football and atmosphere is good.
  • Bump
    Let's not panic.
  • Come on Charlton, let's make this thread relevant again.
  • DOUCHER said:

We go up, palace, millwall and west ham down, roly completes the training ground and then clears off and then we can have a proper tilt at the premiership with a top class academy in our locker - playing at a sold out valley - we've endured a bad patch but honestly think this is the start of a more sustainable period of success - which, like the return to the valley and subsequent prem years, will be even sweeter for having endured the crap. The on pitch performance now needs to be matched by a return of absent fans - apart from those too deeply entrenched in wallowing in their own principles, the rest will return. I do think that there are also some, that have used the 'not returning until rd has gone' line is a convenient excuse but for the rest, we just need to encourage them back down there - football turns around very quickly and for most that are missing, all they really care about is that the football and atmosphere is good.

When did you wake up
  • edited September 2017
    Bump
    Easy Easy easy easy
  • Fleetwood 1 CAFC 3 - Let's hope this can be the start of another good run. Taking our chances today made all the difference.
  • CAFC 1 Doncaster 0. It's still on.