Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Spotify to Amazon Music

Just closed my Spotify premium and and trialing Amazon Music as I have two echos at home and its cheaper.

Is there a way to transfer my playlists? Has anyone done this?

cheers

Comments

• How does the range and quantity of music on offer compare?
  • bbob said:

How does the range and quantity of music on offer compare?

On first viewings it looks like it has everything Spotify does, you have access to 40 Million tracks (Spotify 30 million). The app looks easy to use.

Only started today so will let you know more in a week.
  • edited October 2017
    Spotify has a larger database 30million plus - £9.99 a month.

Amazon Prime Music has 2 millionish - Free with a prime acct

Amazon Prime Unlimited however has 40 million plus tracks £7.99 a month for prime members and £9.99 a month regular.

If you're into your music, I can't think of a reason you wouldn't go for Prime Unlimited's 40 million plus all at 320 quality
    (same quality as Spotify premium, but cheaper if you're already a prime member)
  • Spotify is good for families, up to 5 accounts £14.99 a month, does Amazon do something similar?
  • Got two years free spotify premium with my mobile phone contract.
  • cafc999 said:

Got two years free spotify premium with my mobile phone contract.

Yeah, I pay £25 a month for my phone contract and they throw in Spotify as part of the bundle. On that basis Amazon Unlimited doesn't come close - even though I have Amazon Prime.

Also, ignoring, Christmas, I only ever tend to listen to a few songs in one sitting. It would take me centuries to listen to 30m, I'd never need the other 10m.
  • Rob7Lee said:

Spotify is good for families, up to 5 accounts £14.99 a month, does Amazon do something similar?

They do a family one for the same price mate. If you have a student in the house you get get it for £4.00 rather than £7.99, well worth a look.

Only issue I have found so far was if you are streaming music through both echos at the same time, you can get drop outs due to the bandwidth. That is a broadband issue though.

The layout of the app is very good.
  • I don't Spotify would allow you to import playlists to a competitor. Foolish if they do.

The prime deal isn't really £7.99 is it?... If you have to pay for seperate prime membership that is
  • With Prime can you download to your device for offline listening?
    We have a single Spotify and share it between 2 of us - as long as one of you downloads you can go "offline" and that frees up the log in.
  • I don't Spotify would allow you to import playlists to a competitor. Foolish if they do.

The prime deal isn't really £7.99 is it?... If you have to pay for seperate prime membership that is

If you have prime its £7.99. £9.99 without. If you have a shared prime, you can assign a different card to the £7.99 a month. Obviously you need to pay for prime on top of this (get 2 million free songs for that on its own)