Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sydney

In Sydney for a week from tomorrow on work. Flying solo so if anyone of the Oz based lifers are local and fancy a beer, let me know!

Comments

• lucky bastard
  • Long way to fly for a week!

Not if you're flying First Class

depends where you are flying from surely

I flew there for three days work in June !
  • Have a good one mate - keep an eye on that Ross - don't let him guide you down the wrong path !

Its strange that there is a Woolwich and Greenwich in Sydney and a Plumstead in Cape Town, however no Charlton anywhere (that I know of).
  • Have a good one mate - keep an eye on that Ross - don't let him guide you down the wrong path !

Its strange that there is a Woolwich and Greenwich in Sydney and a Plumstead in Cape Town, however no Charlton anywhere (that I know of).

there is a Charlton in Victoria, Australia. Known as 'The Friendly River' Town .

• edited October 2017

Long way to fly for a week!

James is flying in from Auckland NZ, meeting up with another Addick who is flying in from Manilla. ( I thought it would be ok for me to answer on James's behalf as it is now 3.20 am in NZ and no doubt he will be akip.)
  • A week!!!!!!
    You’ll not even have time to get over the jet lag......and I’m not kidding
  • I've often done business trips for 3 days, takes about a week to get over it. I try to stay awake most of the way back landing early evening, then home to bed, seems to work.
  • Sponsored links:

• You're not reading the thread - he's flying in from New Zealand.
  • You're not reading the thread - he's flying in from New Zealand.

Agh.....that’s not so bad then.
  • I had a colleague who once flew from London to a business meeting in Sydney...for 6 hours. Then back again. Obviously on Biz class, but still...
  • Danepak said:

I had a colleague who once flew from London to a business meeting in Sydney...for 6 hours. Then back again. Obviously on Biz class, but still...

Not the same level, but i once flew into Zurich for a meeting that we thought would take 4 hours only for it to last 10 mins before we got what we wanted, and we just turned around and went back to the airport.

Have a good one mate - keep an eye on that Ross - don't let him guide you down the wrong path !

There is a Blackheath not too far away from Sydney in the Blue Mountains Park.

Blackheath's sporting claim to fame, according to wikepedia, was Don Bradman scoring a century at the Blackheath Oval off 3 overs in a social match against Lithgow in November 1931. He went on to make 256.

• love the Blue Mountains. This thread is reigniting my wanderlust.
  • love the Blue Mountains. This thread is reigniting my wanderlust.

Flew up there by helicopter and did a five hour tour in a 4x4 for our Anniversary, stunning part of the world.

Have a good one mate - keep an eye on that Ross - don't let him guide you down the wrong path !

There is a Blackheath not too far away from Sydney in the Blue Mountains Park.

Blackheath's sporting claim to fame, according to wikepedia, was Don Bradman scoring a century at the Blackheath Oval off 3 overs in a social match against Lithgow in November 1931. He went on to make 256.

That Blackheath is a lovely little town.
  • I went there on business about 12 years ago for a fortnight, flew home, met my wife st the airport and then flew to the Maldives for a fortnights hiliday. When we landed I didn’t even know the day let alone the time

James is flying in from Auckland NZ, meeting up with another Addick who is flying in from Manilla. ( I thought it would be ok for me to answer on James's behalf as it is now 3.20 am in NZ and no doubt he will be akip.)
    I'm doing 3 days in Auckland later this year. :blush:
  • Sponsored links:

• London but hot. Loved coogee though and the other smaller near by towns.
  • A week!!!!!!
    You’ll not even have time to get over the jet lag......and I’m not kidding

I know the OP is flying from New Zealand to Australia yet I didnt get jetlag once when I went out from Heathrow to either location (via. Singapore) - Did the routes on three occasions and was fine each time the moment I landed.

Strangely the one time I went to the United States I did briefly have to deal with jetlag there and back
  • shine166 said:

London but hot. Loved coogee though and the other smaller near by towns.

loved the beach at Coogee, fantastic surf. Walk around the coast to Bondi was nice, past the cemetery on the cliff, lovely place to be laid to rest.

• Rob said:

Long way to fly for a week!

Not if you're flying First Class
    Does that make the flight shorter then?
    Yes, funnily enough it does.....first class passengers sit at the front of the plane and so obviously will always arrive first.
    Another little perk!
  • Danepak said:

I had a colleague who once flew from London to a business meeting in Sydney...for 6 hours. Then back again. Obviously on Biz class, but still...

F*** that!
  • I dont normally feel much in the way of jetlag flying to England, but flying back here it knocks me around for about a week. It does help if you fly from London around mid day arriving in Sydney the following evening then off to bed a few hours after landing, but the 9-10pm flights arriving here at 5am....urggggh
  • I always try to arrive in the morning local time on long haul flights. I then just have to survive that day and usually sleep fine that night. Seems to work for me.

The only flight I really hate is from East Coast, USA back home, which I thankfully only do once per year or less. Overnight, it's too short to get much sleep and you jump 5 hours. If you take a daytime flight, you arrive in the evening still wide awake.
  • which area you staying james ? weather is due to be shite this week i'm sorry to say.
  • I still haven't learned that jet lag is not helped by getting tanked up on the flight, falling asleep for an hour, before having breakfast and a few more whiskeys.

Definitely feel better coming out to Oz than flying into UK though.