Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Designs for new Valley Gates - Usual regime stuff: good idea ruined by lack of thought and planning

From the Trust website https://www.castrust.org/2017/10/new-gate-proposal/

In the usual cack handed club style it's meant to be a consultation but you've got until Friday 13th October (yes, tomorrow) to give them feedback on the designs to an email address they never use or respond to.

But there is a different deadline for the text (next Tuesday) even though the text is dependent on the design

And the anniversary is in 8 weeks time.

And, IMHO, the designs are poor.

From the Trust site

"As part of the Back to the Valley 25th anniversary celebrations the club propose to install new main gates at the stadium.

The club are inviting feedback on the designs below.

If you would like to comment or state a preference (or suggest an alternative wording) please e mail fans@cafc.co.uk

The deadline for comments on gate design and text location is 5pm this Friday 13th October.

The deadline for the actual text is Tuesday 17th at 5pm.

We have expressed our disappointment to the club about the short notice that we have been given us on this as we think it could have been a much more inclusive exercise."

Meanwhile the Sam Bartram Gate still has no sign since the old one fell off.

A

B

C

D

E

Just piss poor all round.

Comments

• I agree.
  • Piss poor as usual
  • A is OK, but with the Middle of C would be OK

• the wording on A will be meaningless come next year. Not really keen on any of them. D and E are atrocious in my opinion. Any fan input into the designs?
  • the wording on A will be meaningless come next year. Not really keen on any of them. D and E are atrocious in my opinion. Any fan input into the designs?

You've got till tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

D looks really good and scale-able. You know, if you want to get on the pitch at night.

let's not start sex on the pitch again please
  • E is good
  • It's absolutely typical of the way the place is run these days. Fiddle around ineptly with pointless stuff that doesn't really matter in the hope of getting some easy PR wins. All the while, what really matters - the actual bloody football team, is left to limp along, underfunded and undermanned as usual.

The idiots that run our club aren't even good enough to get on 'The Apprentice'.
  • they should concentrate on giving the fans something to be proud of on the pitch touched on it before, 25 years great but if this mob carry on there wont be a 50th celebration.
  • Redhenry said:

E is good

But doesn't actually mention the anniversery it is meant to be marking
  • Sponsored links:

• maybe our new sponsors could be microsoft so we could call them the ...... .....Gates
  • Missed It said:

It's absolutely typical of the way the place is run these days. Fiddle around ineptly with pointless stuff that doesn't really matter in the hope of getting some easy PR wins. All the while, what really matters - the actual bloody football team, is left to limp along, underfunded and undermanned as usual.

The idiots that run our club aren't even good enough to get on 'The Apprentice'.

and that is really saying something considering the idiots on it this year

• I emailed them, I got the usual auto response, I asked them to do a proper consultation with fans on the design to get it right as those offered were shockers.
    I expect not to hear from them again.
    At least I'll know where the Konsa money will have been spent.
  • HarryLime said:

I emailed them, I got the usual auto response, I asked them to do a proper consultation with fans on the design to get it right as those offered were shockers.
    I expect not to hear from them again.
    At least I'll know where the Konsa money will have been spent.

A very small chunk of the Konsa money, by the looks of those.

They are appropriate for Katrien's Wendy House though
  • edited October 2017
    would rather @stig knock something up