Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What's your tip like

Sorry you need the other thread.
Our tip is run by the Stasi. Every, I mean every, black garbage bag is opened to check for contraband, like a piece of cardboard.
Turned away because old bookshelves being dumped were not freestanding or from Ikea, anything nailed to a wall is construction waste. Told I should have come previous Sunday as new rule only came in this week.

Comments

• I think it's a piss take. Expecting a tip when all they're doing is bringing a few plates of food. Kiss me tooth.
  • On a serious note been using 2 dumps recently, Bromley and Dartford. Bromley don't seem to give a shit what you do. Don't even check for a pass. A couple of guys at Dartford are stricter, was told I'd already dumped a couple of bags of garden waste so was at my limit for the day. Dumped the small amount left anyway with a certain amount of satisfaction.
  • edited October 2017
    This is getting ridiculous now. I might even take an interest in the England game!

Purple and a decent size BTW.
  • You should be able to use any tip you want.

I live in Petts Wood, under Bromley but the Sidcup one on Maidstone Road in nearer than the one off Bromley Common.

Never a queue at Sidcup but always a queue at Waldo Road. Have been asked to show my permit on the last 4 occasions I have visited. Went two weeks ago and the bloke on the front gate turned two cars away in front of me as they didnt have permits!
  • JohnBoyUK said:

You should be able to use any tip you want.

I live in Petts Wood, under Bromley but the Sidcup one on Maidstone Road in nearer than the one off Bromley Common.

Never a queue at Sidcup but always a queue at Waldo Road. Have been asked to show my permit on the last 4 occasions I have visited. Went two weeks ago and the bloke on the front gate turned two cars away in front of me as they didnt have permits!

At Bromley? I guess it depends who's on, been there numerous times and never been asked. Don't even have a permit, just an old utility bill from a relative.
  • I tend to use either the tip on the Cuxton Road, yet is quite small and you can be queuing for ages

Millbrook right next to the Garden Centre @ Gravesend is my favourite as its huge
  • I have given 3 winners in the last 12 months, but they were good prices
  • Waldo road is my favourite, never had any issues even when I’ve turned up with a van.
  • Sponsored links:

• Used the Southwark Refuse and Recyle centre a few times recently and it's really good (for a tip).
  • 8 inches.
  • I use ours on a weekly basis and I sort the stuff before I go, I usually have a van + trailer load, so it makes it easier and the blokes always like to give me a hand to off load. And the crates of beer and odd lump of cake I often take them helps for a smooth transaction every time
  • Purple headed womb ferret
  • What's the difference between purple and pink......The grip
  • Like the end of a pepper pot.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Absolutely this. I have a 10 mile trip to my designated tip. The nearest one is four miles away, but I'm not allowed to use it because it's a different council. There's a big unintended consequence in the law which was aimed at making us more environmentally friendly but results in many extra road miles.

Also, there's no provision for pedestrians. Supposedly on health and safety grounds, but given that every tip I've ever seen is swarming with people milling around on foot, it's completely ridiculous.
  • There is a direct correlation between how easy it is to access and use your Tip and the amount of fly-tipping in any given Borough. make it easy and free and even the moronic lard-arses who fly-tip wouldn't risk it.
  • Used the Nathan Way tip many many times and always found the staff very friendly and always willing to lend a hand if you need it.
  • edited October 2017
    JohnBoyUK said:

Went to a tip in Brighton a few years back.....wasn’t asked to show my permit but one of the trailer drivers did ask me to show him my knob!
  • Sponsored links:

• DRAddick said:

Used the Nathan Way tip many many times and always found the staff very friendly and always willing to lend a hand if you need it.

I do and I live in Bexley borough. If I'm asked I give my old address.
  • No one mentioned the big tip at Shithurst Park yet?
  • Do you need ID / pass / permit just to use a tip down south now? I can understand this if you are rocking up in a transit full of builders waste, but do you need them if you turn up in your own private car with a few bags etc?
  • What’s the name of the tip by the prison? Few years ago they asked for proof of address, haven’t had that recently but maybe because I’ve got a greenwich borough car permit in the window of the car and van
  • What’s the name of the tip by the prison? Few years ago they asked for proof of address, haven’t had that recently but maybe because I’ve got a greenwich borough car permit in the window of the car and van

Thamesmead