Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cheer Up Peter Reid

Cheer Up Peter Reid.

Today is super Thursday in the book world with over 500 titles released for the Christmas market.

The Peter Reid book may be a decent choice when you consider his career and the success he has enjoyed - not forgetting one notable low moment of course, ahem.

The book has been featured in the Daily Mirror this week and there have been some amusing anecdotes - not least when Reidy retaliated for a nasty tackle from W German International Hans Pflugler. Pfugler called him an ‘English pig’ and this was not forgotten by Reid when he clattered into him in the second half “Take that you Nazi bastard” said Reidy. Unfortunately he’d decked Soren Lerby in a case of mistaken identity. The wronged Lerby pointed out that he was actually from Denmark.

I remember Reid for a late winner he got against us at Selhurst in 1988. A match we were cruising, until a brilliant strike from Graeme Sharpe levelled it, followed by some Peter Reid magic to win it late on. (Pflugler was right afterall!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SEcqwWLbtA

Comments

• Peter Reid has a tyre for a seat
  • Peter reid's got a fucking monkey's head
  • Peter Reid peels bananas with his feet
  • Loved him as a player
  • three decent goals there, loved the Leaburn/Williams celebration
  • Really liked Peter Reid and the Everton, one of my other teams I support, side at the time.
  • Peter Reid uses a branch to clean his teeth.
  • I remember when he went straight through Harvey (so solid crew , ex afc Wimbledon) in a charity match at st James park , marvelous stuff.
  • Really liked Peter Reid and the Everton, one of my other teams I support, side at the time.

I've a soft spot for Everton too and Goodison is my favourite away ground.

• Sponsored links:

• Decent bloke , decent in defeat after the play off final

agree always liked Peter Reid
  • I went to a dinner function in Bangkok where he was guest speaker. Very amusing with plenty of "four walls" anecdotes. I wonder if they will be appearing in the book?
  • Not forgetting he sold his FA Cup medals to help Plymouth survive and was then sacked
  • Not forgetting he sold his FA Cup medals to help Plymouth survive and was then sacked

Blimey didn't know that
  • he's 61 .. but he's looked 50 for the last 30 years

Fuck me he's one year younger than me.

Off to look in mirror and try and console myself.
  • Great player, real tenacity would love a player like him in the current England set up
  • Should have brought down Maradonna.

Unlike Kevin Phillips who after receiving a standing ovation from us when he was substituted join palace and scored the winner to get them promoted that very same season. :angry:
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheer up Peter Reid
    Oh what can it mean
    To a, monkey head defender and a
    Manager has be..eeean?