Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton fans discount at Welling on Saturday for Non League Day

Comments

• That's nice, was thinking of going anyway.
  • They've extended it to fans of all league clubs now and you can buy the tickets online in advance (link in the article) and print off to save time queueing on the day with the cash punters.
  • Thats great WF, there's a few of us coming down. Any advice on a decent boozer walking distance from the ground - other than the Earl of Warwick ?
  • If you are getting off the train Pres then the New Cross Turnpike on the main road is one of the better Wetherpoons, nice pub imo
  • Rose and Crown is very nice
  • If you are getting off the train Pres then the New Cross Turnpike on the main road is one of the better Wetherpoons, nice pub imo

Cheers mate - the name puts me off a bit, but i'll give it a bash, used to live in Welling 25 years ago (Hook Lane) - has it changed?!
  • Yes, sadly.

It's a big pub with a couple of different floors and a roof terrace. It's alright.

My nan lives down Churchfield off Hook Lane
  • edited October 2017
    Theres a micro pub just up from the ground on opposite side of the road call the Door Hinge, The Welling United Bars have been done up really nice and have Sky Sports and BTSports on loads of HD Screens, Pool Table and Dartboard too and the upstairs bar sells hot food too.

So i would probably suggest a quick one in the Turnpike when you get off of the train, walk past Tescos and then on other side of the road is the Door Hinge for a quickie if you like real ale and micro one room pubs, then have a couple at the ground in the bars there.
  • Plus you can watch the game from the upper bar.
  • Sponsored links:

• paid about the same for the PSF - wouldn't pay £12 to see them play Chippenham Town !!
  • So they only want st holders to go. A bit shortsighted I think.

Cheers mate - the name puts me off a bit, but i'll give it a bash, used to live in Welling 25 years ago (Hook Lane) - has it changed?!
    My Mum lived in Hook Lane for fifty years.

• Dartford charging just £7 and free to U16's this Saturday for season ticket holders of league clubs.
    http://www.dartfordfc.com/non-league-day-071017/
  • Seems, according to one of the pub review sites, that the Rose and Crown is run by a Spanner, so gonna give that a miss.
    Looks like the Wings Bar might be the best bet, and also give Welling some dosh as well - rather that than give it to Wetherspoons.
    Next question is..... any decent Curry in Welling ? - there used to be one on The Green towards Falconwood. Current plan is to head back to The White Swan after the game and sort out a Curry from there, but good to have options.
  • edited October 2017

Seems, according to one of the pub review sites, that the Rose and Crown is run by a Spanner, so gonna give that a miss.
    Looks like the Wings Bar might be the best bet, and also give Welling some dosh as well - rather that than give it to Wetherspoons.
    Next question is..... any decent Curry in Welling ? - there used to be one on The Green towards Falconwood. Current plan is to head back to The White Swan after the game and sort out a Curry from there, but good to have options.

my local, as far as I'm aware she's not a spanner - it's a great pub

S3 in Falconwood is what you are thinking of, still there on The Green, lovely place
  • Seems, according to one of the pub review sites, that the Rose and Crown is run by a Spanner, so gonna give that a miss.

Not sure what the ones in Welling are like but there's a decent one in Pickford Lane up by Bexleyheath station.

Looks like it will be a CL piss up on Saturday in the Wings bar.

Seems, according to one of the pub review sites, that the Rose and Crown is run by a Spanner, so gonna give that a miss.

S3 in Falconwood is what you are thinking of, still there on The Green, lovely place
    I thought the Rose & Crown was a Millwall pub... Went in there years ago wearing a Charlton shirt yet didnt realise the Millwall connection as hadnt been in there before yet was constantly getting funny looks - Half way through my pint with my mates I turned and looked at the wall next to me and saw loads of Millwall memorabilia

We then decided to leave and walk up to the Nags Head

I thought the Rose & Crown was a Millwall pub... Went in there years ago wearing a Charlton shirt yet didnt realise the Millwall connection as hadnt been in there before yet was constantly getting funny looks - Half way through my pint with my mates I turned and looked at the wall next to me and saw loads of Millwall memorabilia

The Millwall memorabilia was taken down at least 8 years ago
  • Sponsored links:

• JohnnyH2 said:

The Millwall memorabilia was taken down at least 8 years ago
    Probably been over eight years since I went there...

You should have asked for your money back.
  • edited October 2017
    T_P

Decent curry house is SHAMPAN (or S3 as mentioned in this thread) in Falconwood, might have to phone and reserve,

The upstairs bar at Welling has a good view of pitch and two 40inch tvs with the sport on. Downstairs is more of a pub with loads of TVs with the sport on, upstairs is more of a lounge, Both bars are decent. Welling do a 50/50 draw that usually has a prize of 90 quid or more and it could be a big prize on Saturday, they sell tickets inside the ground just where you walk through the turnstile. Could pay for the day out if you kop a winner.
  • Dont bother. They would not let me in when i arrived late for the recent kent cup game. They did not even reply to my e-mail asking for an explanation. Never again.
  • Try not to be bitter. People have already said they weren't allowed in at Charlton at Half Time for games. Just because you turn up at half time does not give you a divine right to go into a match if tickets are no longer being sold at the turnstile. So to stamp your feet and tell people dont go to Welling is pathetic. Especially as many fans enjoy going to Welling and you are only saying it because you turned up demanding to get in at half time.

Try phoning the club and asking them rather than slagging them off just because you turn up late to a game.
  • I have drunk in the Rose & Crown on many occasions when going to Welling and never seen any indication that it's a Millwall pub. The landlady is also very pleasant although I will put my money over the Wings bar. Another big vote here for the Shampan (S3 if it's changed it's name).
  • Try not to be bitter. People have already said they weren't allowed in at Charlton at Half Time for games. Just because you turn up at half time does not give you a divine right to go into a match if tickets are no longer being sold at the turnstile. So to stamp your feet and tell people dont go to Welling is pathetic. Especially as many fans enjoy going to Welling and you are only saying it because you turned up demanding to get in at half time.

Try phoning the club and asking them rather than slagging them off just because you turn up late to a game.

You're really selling it to me here. Have you thought of a career in sales or account management?
  • I went and found everyone at Welling very friendly. The prices were good in the wings bar, and a lovely lady steward helped we less mobile than your average fans down to the vacant seats. Also they won 4 -0, so what's not to like?
  • I went and found everyone at Welling very friendly. The prices were good in the wings bar, and a lovely lady steward helped we less mobile than your average fans down to the vacant seats. Also they won 4 -0, so what's not to like?

Were you in the upstairs bar with your wife?