Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dave Berry's new job.

edited October 2017 in Not Sports Related
Dave Berry now has a weekday slot on Absolute between 4-7.
His guest later in the week will be Liam Gallagher, who could become a regular feature.
" I've known Liam for years. My plan is not only have him help with some of the listeners problems but some of the problems we face as humans".
Blimey Dave, talk about jumping in with big size tens! Sounds like it could be fun though.
Give it six months we may have a new owner. Think of that Liam in boardrooms all over the country.

Comments

• What's happened to Geoff Lloyd? Always enjoyed his afternoon programme
  • I loved the Spurs fans giving it to the attending brothers for Spurs v Man City years ago.......”Shit Chas n Dave, you’re just a shit chas n Dave”
  • I couldn't stand Geoff Lloyd and Annabel Port, her daily monologues ranting about an obvious situation were dreadful, then you'd here him having to fake laugh his way through it. Johnny Vaughan on drive time for me.
  • Johnny Vaughan on the drive home for me too.
  • Seems a nice bloke.

Seems a shit station.
  • To be honest - in the afternoon - Steve Wright followed by Simon Mayo on Radio 2 takes some beating IMO.
  • Cant listen to any other radio stations other than BBC 6 music and 5 live when they have sport on, adverts piss me off so much
  • Carter said:

What's happened to Geoff Lloyd? Always enjoyed his afternoon programme

Left on good terms in spring.

Radio X all day everyday for me, except when Russell Brand is on then I switch off

Radio X all day everyday for me, except when Russell Brand is on then I switch off

• Sponsored links:

• top bloke Dave Berry
  • Dave's a good guy and I think him and Absolute are a perfect fit for each other. Haven't heard the show yet but will listen in tonight

Sorry find 6 music way too far up its own backside. Do enjoy Radio 2 in the afternoons but certainly not at weekends when the likes of Aneka Rice are on..........

The Mrs listens to Heart, now that is seriously sh*t - The same 200 songs on repeat.
  • Dave and Matt Dyson are a good pairing. Worked together on X years ago and Dyson has switched from the Christian O'Connell breakfast show to rejoin him. Does a good football show at the weekends too.
  • Used to listen to XFM as a rule, but cant risk Johnny Vaughan being on so have stopped it in it's entirety.

Dave Berry on XFM was great.

Johnny Vaughan makes me want to smash things up, preferably him.
  • BDL said:

Dave's a good guy and I think him and Absolute are a perfect fit for each other. Haven't heard the show yet but will listen in tonight

Sorry find 6 music way too far up its own backside. Do enjoy Radio 2 in the afternoons but certainly not at weekends when the likes of Aneka Rice are on..........

The Mrs listens to Heart, now that is seriously sh*t - The same 200 songs on repeat.

as does mine and i'm sure it's closer to 50 songs than 200!
  • Radio in general pisses me right off these days.

Far to many show hosts just fill the airtime with inane drivel which is very occasionally punctuated by a tune.

Play some fucking records you arseholes!!!

• Actually, most of my time driving is spent listening to podcasts rather than radio.

Although I'm getting overrun.
    Every time I complete a journey I delete the finished podcast and find another 2 or 3 have downloaded.
  • @stackitsteve so true. This is never worse than on Saturday mornings. I take my kids swimming and it's either Frank Skinner bumbling on or that other wally Chris moyles. Flicking between them there is no music at all just them laughing at their own jokes with the sycophantic pals. It make a me sooo angry...
    Almost enough to make you put heart on...
    In fact magic fm and a bit of foreigner is welcome restbite
    Perhaps I'm getting old and grumpy?
  • @stackitsteve so true. This is never worse than on Saturday mornings. I take my kids swimming and it's either Frank Skinner bumbling on or that other wally Chris moyles. Flicking between them there is no music at all just them laughing at their own jokes with the sycophantic pals. It make a me sooo angry...

Frank Skinner tickles my funny bone, I swap between him and Danny Baker on a Saturday morning
  • Like the music on absolute the most
    6 music as well but I can't always pick it up
  • Sponsored links:

• Carter said:

@stackitsteve so true. This is never worse than on Saturday mornings. I take my kids swimming and it's either Frank Skinner bumbling on or that other wally Chris moyles. Flicking between them there is no music at all just them laughing at their own jokes with the sycophantic pals. It make a me sooo angry...

Frank Skinner tickles my funny bone, I swap between him and Danny Baker on a Saturday morning
    Ive got an irrational hatred of Danny Baker since find out he's millwall
  • edited October 2017
    pettgra said:

His guest later in the week will be Liam Gallagher, who could become a regular feature.
    " I've known Liam for years. My plan is not only have him help with some of the listeners problems but some of the problems we face as humans".
    Blimey Dave, talk about jumping in with big size tens! Sounds like it could be fun though.
    Give it six months we may have a new owner. Think of that Liam in boardrooms all over the country.

https://youtu.be/_vd3s1Jc6js

(NSFW!)
  • What ever happened to Capital Radio and Chris Tarrant?
  • Well nothing to Capital - still there.
    Chris Tarrant ran off with my window cleaners wife.
  • MrOneLung said:

Well nothing to Capital - still there.
    Chris Tarrant ran off with my window cleaners wife.

But she saw right through him.
  • pettgra said:

https://youtu.be/_vd3s1Jc6js

(NSFW!)
    That is very funny!
  • Really like his breakfast show.

Losing O'Connell was tough but Mr Berry has made it a smooth transition.
  • Lots of Charlton & local references...playing at Slade swings when he was a kid. The team are good too. Really like Dyson (more so than Firth).