Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fosu - Who is responsible for signing this lad?

Comments

• As much as I enjoyed reading this thread and the Mortimer memories I must say he has never reminded me of him. God had this way of drifting past people and the odd twinkle toe moment (Bradford goal still gives me a sex wee). However I did say to my dad he reminded me of a better Lloyd Sam. With more pace and also two footed. But I also said to dad at the bury game that I could see him becoming the new scapegoat due to his decision making. Let's hope this buys him some time as like all wingers performances can dip from time to time.

Agree with this, Lloyd Sam is who he most reminds me of, albeit possibly a bit better than Sam.

From my memories, Morts had this effortless ability to go past people and was, when at his best, almost impossible to get the ball off without fouling, but his talent lay in just being able to shift the ball around the opponent before the tackle arrived, he was never one for multiple step overs and tricks. The magic of Morts was you weren't even sure quite how he was going past people, but he made it look so effortless.
    Salim Kerkar was the most bizarre player I've seen play for Charlton. I have never seen a more awkward looking player and he seemed to bundle his way past players whilst trying to stay upright.
  • Like many players he will only get better with regular football. His skill is not in doubt and he is learning his trade.

He's making plenty of mistakes but he's not afraid to run at players and appears to have an end product. If we have a side with him, Ricky, Marshall and Reeves in it then it should be exciting to watch.

His mistakes have been wrong choices ie not passing when he should have, or shooting from too far out.
    The thing that struck me in the opening match v Bristol was that he had a huge amount of possession and literally (I think) never gave the ball away. Some players give you the heebie-jeebies when they run with the ball. He doesn't.
  • edited October 2017
    He has a natural ability on the ball that puts him at an advantage over at least 90% of his fellow professionals. The challenge for him is to develop that ability into something that takes him as far as it is possible to go. Can you get odds on him playing for England within the next three years? If so, I would be very interested to know what they are.
  • I know I don't have a great recent attendance record, but I must have missed the time Lloyd Sam completely terrorized an opposing team for an entire match, and scored a hat trick, or even a single headed goal, come to that.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/28706/statbank-post-tranmere-a

AFKA linked to the above in the Fleetwood statbank thread. Sam's 9.50 is the highest ever statbank score.
  • I was one of Lloyd Sam's few fans - a very small group.
  • I recall a header in a one nil victory over Stoke at the Valley - the year they got promoted. I was sure they wouldn't last long in the Premiership!!!!
  • I remember Llera (cheap man's Sarr) pinging balls up field for Sam to cut in onto one game. It was time and time again that it worked, but the strikers Burton and McCleod I think it was, couldn't hit a barn door in that fixture.
  • SQD--Name--, Nationlity-- App's -- Subs-- Goals-- Penalties
    10 Deon Burton (JAM) 37 7 14 5
    17 Chris Dickson (ENG) 1 4 0 0
    22 Stuart Fleetwood (WAL) 0 1 0 0
    39 Nicky Forster (ENG) 8 2 2 1
    9 Leon McKenzie (ENG) 0 14 1
    15 Izale McLeod (ENG) 6 8 3 0
    23 Dave Mooney (IRL) 23 8 6 0 0
    33 Akpo Sodje (ENG) 10 16 5
    28 Tamer Tuna (ENG) 1 1 1
  • Sponsored links:

• I wonder how much we will sell him for in the summer?
  • I liked Lloyd Sam tbh but from what I have so far seen from Fosu he has the potential to be much better.
  • wmcf123 said:

Let's judge after a few games but he was brilliant yesterday . A good friend of mine goes regularly to Reading and knows his football; he was gutted to see him go.

Think that they kept Calum Harriot
  • tgarrat1 said:

One hat-trick and he's the answer.. before saturday he's been living in Holmes shadow, and against Wigan and Gillingham he looked like a lost little boy

Such is the life of a winger, even Ronaldo will have the odd stinker. He had plenty when he was breaking through into the Man U first team.

They all have good and bad games, especially younger players. Exposure to first team football will only bring more consistency.
  • As much as I enjoyed reading this thread and the Mortimer memories I must say he has never reminded me of him. God had this way of drifting past people and the odd twinkle toe moment (Bradford goal still gives me a sex wee). However I did say to my dad he reminded me of a better Lloyd Sam. With more pace and also two footed. But I also said to dad at the bury game that I could see him becoming the new scapegoat due to his decision making. Let's hope this buys him some time as like all wingers performances can dip from time to time.

Agree with this, Lloyd Sam is who he most reminds me of, albeit possibly a bit better than Sam.

From my memories, Morts had this effortless ability to go past people and was, when at his best, almost impossible to get the ball off without fouling, but his talent lay in just being able to shift the ball around the opponent before the tackle arrived, he was never one for multiple step overs and tricks. The magic of Morts was you weren't even sure quite how he was going past people, but he made it look so effortless.
    I'm just too young to remember Mortimer playing for us, he sounds such a good player. I remember him in his second spell (around 1995) but although classy I don't think he was the player he was in his first spell - from what I've been told.
  • I wonder how much we will sell him for in the summer?

January

Corrected for you.
  • drewman said:

As much as I enjoyed reading this thread and the Mortimer memories I must say he has never reminded me of him. God had this way of drifting past people and the odd twinkle toe moment (Bradford goal still gives me a sex wee). However I did say to my dad he reminded me of a better Lloyd Sam. With more pace and also two footed. But I also said to dad at the bury game that I could see him becoming the new scapegoat due to his decision making. Let's hope this buys him some time as like all wingers performances can dip from time to time.

I'm just too young to remember Mortimer playing for us, he sounds such a good player. I remember him in his second spell (around 1995) but although classy I don't think he was the player he was in his first spell - from what I've been told.
    Outrageous ability but enigmatic and injured a lot in his second spell
  • Who

Tweet must have been removed (I didnt get to read it either) but ol' Tommy was posting something
  • Sponsored links:

• Who

Who

Tweet must have been removed (I didnt get to read it either) but ol' Tommy was posting something
    But is he a pinball wizard?
  • Probably out of Tuesday's game because of injury
  • ross1 said:

Probably out of Tuesday's game because of injury

How come? - Didnt even get tackled against MK Dons so far as I remember
  • ross1 said:

KR: He added he hoped Bauer, carrying a groin injury, would be back for Tuesday’s game against Rochdale but warned Fosu, who hadn’t trained until Friday, may now miss that game with a quad injury.
  • ross1 said:

ross1 said:

KR: He added he hoped Bauer, carrying a groin injury, would be back for Tuesday’s game against Rochdale but warned Fosu, who hadn’t trained until Friday, may now miss that game with a quad injury.
    That would explain why Fosu was on the bench, as he certainly didn't deserve to be dropped
  • booooooooo

Odd that he was injured, came back as sub and is now out for even longer.

Time for Reeves and Marshall to step up
  • booooooooo

Odd that he was injured, came back as sub and is now out for even longer.

Time for Reeves and Marshall to step up

Same happened with Clarke. Probably thought they were just tweaks but playing against QPR and MK turned the tweak into something more.
  • Oh for heaven's sake.

Well I suppose one of those weeks is the Cup, and maybe he will be OK for Christmas.