Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Behind door friendlies this week

Joe Aribo, Mark Marshall and Ben Reeves are all set to be involved for Charlton in a behind-closed-doors match at their training ground tomorrow.

The Addicks do not have a competitive fixture this weekend after postponing the visit of Peterborough United after receiving three international call-ups.

Marshall made his Charlton debut in Saturday’s 3-1 win at Fleetwood Town – his first action for the club since injuring his knee in pre-season.

Reeves got his first League One run-out after a battle to reach full match fitness.

“We’ve got a game on Tuesday for Joe Aribo, Karlan [Ahearne-Grant], Reevesy and Marshy,” said Charlton manager Karl Robinson.

“They will start and there will be 45 minutes for Reevesy and maybe 60 for Marshy.

“We have an internal game on Saturday where the two will again play – probably 60 and 60. Then we’re ready going into a big game against Doncaster at The Valley. I can’t wait to get back home.”

Comments

• edited October 2017
  • edited October 2017

Blatant bias there, Reevesy and Marshy, but not Ariby or Ahearne-Granty

The man's obviously a fool. Who does not use the obligatory -y , -o or -a suffix on all footballers nicknames? It's -errs for Cricket and -y/-o/-a for football...

C'mon Karla... er Karly... er Karlo!
  • Talal said:

Oggy Red said:

Dijksteel is another who could do with a decent match run out.

He's not had many chances to play this season and match fitness must need sharpening.

I think you'll find it's Dijksteely
    Or just plain old Dicky ?
  • I thought we had a mickey mouse cup game this week!
  • Oggy Red said:

Talal said:

Oggy Red said:

Dijksteel is another who could do with a decent match run out.

He's not had many chances to play this season and match fitness must need sharpening.

I think you'll find it's Dijksteely
    Or just plain old Dicky ?
    Billericay Dicky
  • KAG must be Aherney-Granty surely?

Also Joe Dodooy...?
  • Sponsored links:

• I can handle "Marshy" but "Reevesy" is ridiculous.
  • Can't wait for the next matchy at the Valley-ey.
  • edited October 2017
    Chizz said:

Can't wait for the next matchy at the Valley-ey.

Chizzy :)

• Thread degenerates into mush.

Oh well.

• as long as they don't sign Minty of Eastenders fame !! lol
  • I'm getting peed off with this thread can't we get it back on theme :wink:
  • 1 -1 at half time

Marshall looks good but Reeves has gone off. Not sure if injured or just rested.

Four trialists but no names and can't get a team sheet.

Good goal from Reeco
  • Beardface said:

KAG must be Aherney-Granty surely?

Also Joe Dodooy...?

Kaggy!

Being the true pro that he is, Solly already has a name which sounds like a football nickname
    Kashi.

Who Robinson calls Kash, and Solly gets called Sols.
    It seems as if you have an eee syllable at the end of your name your name gets chopped back, maybe a cost saving initiative from Roly we don't know.
  • BCD friendly. Henry is museum curator, cardigan fashion model, and now locksmith.
  • Sponsored links:

• BCD friendly. Henry is museum curator, cardigan fashion model, and now locksmith.

You can't ban a real Charlton fan.

Still 1- 1, loads of subs meaning game is very fragmented. The trailist up front looked OK but now gone off. The two defenders didn't look any better than we have. Keeper very tall and someone said Russian.

You can't ban a real Charlton fan.

........... Keeper very tall and someone said Russian.
    If he's used to playing behind an iron curtain he could be in for a shock with our expansive brand of football :wink:
  • I didn't think we had a game till tomorrow ??
  • edited October 2017
    FAVADDICK said:

I didn't think we had a game till tomorrow ??

Henners has got the Subbuteo out :wink:
  • RedChaser said:

FAVADDICK said:

I didn't think we had a game till tomorrow ??

Henners has got the Subbuteo out :wink:
    Oh that's what it is I did wonder what he was going on about I did think he was watching mean machine at one point
  • edited October 2017
    According to elsewhere Ishmael Miller is training with us.
  • edited October 2017
    dickplumb said:

He hasn’t played much football at all over the last couple of years and have had injuries.

Saying that, in League One he could do a good job and much better option on the bench as back up to Magennis than Dodoo.
  • edited October 2017
    dickplumb said:

I actually quite rate him at this level
  • KR is the most cliché football coach going it's really quite annoying.
  • would definitely take Miller to help out Josh, not going to get too much better at this level outside of the transfer window