Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players Marks: Fleetwood v Charlton

for those at Highbury or watched on the feed, your marks please:

Amos:
Konsa:
DaSilva:
Sarr:
Bauer:
Kashi:
Fosu-Henry:
Forster-Caskey:
Clarke:
Holmes:
Maginnes:
Marshall:

Reeves: n/a
Aribo: n/a

Comments

• edited September 2017
    Ifollow

Amos: 7
    Konsa: 8 Really good performance, proper solid and good going forward. Solly should have his work cut out getting back into the team
    DaSilva: 7
    Sarr: 8 Played really well, very composed.
    Bauer: 7 Solid with the odd mistake
    Kashi: 7
    Fosu-Henry: 9.5 Gave the defenders such a fright every time he ran at them. Superb hatrick
    Forster-Caskey: 7.5
    Clarke: 7
    Homes: 7.5 Quiet in the second half but his still quality
    Maginnes: 7 Done well should have scored in the first half
    Marshall: 5.5 Not his fault but looked completely out his depth. You could see he was frightened to get stuck in and slowed down most attacks when he received the ball. Great too see him get game time just worried it may be a little to early.
  • Nicholas said:

As I watched it on Ifollow am I allowed to give marks?

Yes as long as you watched the whole match, I'll edit the thread
  • edited September 2017
    Marks after watching on iFollow..

Amos: 8 - Didnt really have that much to do today, nor was he properly called into action - He couldnt do much about the goal (no ones fault really) yet when called upon he did well, few really silly errors at the back that Fleetwood should have done better on but Ben managed to clear up each time

Konsa: 8 - Really good solid performance, deserved his place in the team (If Dijksteel was fuming about not starting I'm sorry but he's an idiot) and deserves his England call up

Dasilva: 7 - Didnt have a lot to do either today, nice assist (If you can call it that) for the third goal

Bauer: 7 - Was his usual tidy self... Was worried a bit that having the captains armband might be a bit too much but he's certainly put the errors from last season behind him

Sarr: 8 - Still worries me each time he gets the ball but its not justified to be honest... I thought he was excellent and took him until the last 10mins to make an error which was to shank a long ball out for a throw in, he's got a lovely first touch and is one of the best ball playing Centre-Backs we've had for a long time

Kashi: 7 - Same marks as Forster-Caskey, did a neat job in Midfield today

Forster-Caskey: 7 - Same marks as Kashi, did a neat job - Shame he was offside at the end, he's a player I really like

Holmes: 8 - Should have scored a screamer, if Ahearne-Grant wants to improve his game he should look at Ricky and where he's come from

Clarke: 7 - Not at his best today, did well to win the ball and start the attack for our first. Maybe like Solly on Tuesday. his injury is just hampering him a bit

Fosu: 10 (MOTM) - What else can you give someone who scores a hat-trick and makes no mistakes?

Magennis: 7 - Not his best today but lead the line really well, didnt really get a chance to score... Maybe protecting himself for Northern Ireland (Understandable)

Marshall: 6 - Slowly easing himself back into the team with his debut, didnt expect him back so early and am sure we'll get better days to see what he can do
  • Amos: 7 - a couple brave efforts in middle of second half to claim dangerous balls. Kicking decent.

Konsa: 7.5 - tackled well. Calm on possession

DaSilva: 8 - Fleetwood couldn't break down our left side. Once he would win the ball he would look to counter efficiently and quickly.

Sarr: 9 - won every header! Nice bits of skill as well to make the Fleetwood forwards look silly. Really pleased with his improvement.

Bauer: 7 - besides a couple iffy moments where Amos bailed him out, was rather decent

Kashi: 7 - kept things ticking in midfield.

Fosu-Henry: 9.5 - Dangerous when sprinting with the ball at his feet. Sooo good in tight areas defenders don't know how to mark him.

Forster-Caskey: 7 - at fault for Fleetwood goal when he took a bad touch in our half. Otherwise good engine.

Clarke: 7 - looked ok until he went off. Groin injury?

Homes: 7.5 - Chased and hurried everything. Some nice quick link up play with fullbacks kept him finding good space to run into.

Maginnes: 7 - had trouble dealing with the giants in Fleetwood center defense.

Marshall: 6.5 - looked rusty but got better as game went on
  • for those at Highbury or watched on the feed, your marks please:

Konsa: 8
    DaSilva: 8
    Sarr: 8
    Bauer: 7.5
    Kashi: 7.5
    Fosu-Henry: 9
    Clarke: 8
    Homes: 8
    Maggenis 6.5
    Marshall: 7

• Amos: 7
    Konsa: 7
    DaSilva: 7.5
    Bauer: 7
    Forster-Caskey: 7
    Homes: 7.5
    Maginnes: 7
  • edited October 2017
    Amos: 7 - some brave dives at feet in the second half, good marshalling of defence
    Konsa: 7 - looks good at RB, made some lovely forward runs in second half, though not much in terms of crossing
    DaSilva: 8 - got forward really well in the second half and linked up well with the forward players. Won a few headers too!
    Sarr: 8 - a little bit of a shaky start in the first 10 mins or so but really grew into the game, made some fantastic tackles and some outrageous turns to play out from the back
    Bauer: 6.5 - solid enough but some mistakes/missed challenges.
    Kashi: 7 - always available for the ball, tracks back so well
    Fosu-Henry: 10 MOTM perfect hattrick, terrified their defenders, bravo!
    Forster-Caskey: 8 - some wonderful looped balls forward, shame his goal was offside because the finish was glorious
    Clarke: 6.5 - quiet and then injured. Made some nice runs. Hope it's only a short precautionary rest required.
    Homes: 8.5 - ran loads, always an outlet, could easily have had a goal but forced a great save from their keeper - Edit: whoops, forgot he got the two assists, bumped him up a bit for that!
    Magennis: 6 - ref offered him no protection and as such he wasn't terribly effective - won only a few headers. Still, toiled away!
    Marshall: 5 - very quiet when he came on, perhaps understandable since he was only meant to have 20 minutes in him but came on with 40 to go!

Robinson: 11 - for volume, that is. Jeez that guy can shout!
  • edited September 2017
    Amos: 6.5 loses 1/2 mark for their 1st goal
    Konsa: 7.5 (1st half 6 2nd half 9)
    DaSilva: 7 (1st half 6 2nd half 8)
    Sarr: 8 what an improvement on past seasons
    Bauer: 7 normal service resumed in the right CB slot
    Kashi: 7 did the ugly stuff competently
    Fosu-Henry: 9 the perfect hatrick, header, left foot, right foot
    Forster-Caskey: 7 observations as for Kashi
    Clarke: 7 neat and tidy some penetrating dribbles a players player
    Homes: 8 Duracell battery boy nearly scored another howitzer
    Maginnes: 6 worked hard but came off 2nd best against their CBs
    Marshall: 5 a couple of nice touches but not surprisingly off the pace
  • Amos: 6
    Konsa 8 looked really confident
    Sarr: 8.5 the player we thought we were buying 2 years ago
    Kashi 7
    Fosu-Henry: 9.5
    Forster-Caskey 7
    Maginnes: 6
    Marshall: 6

• Sponsored links:

• Amos: 6.5 Poor ball out led indirectly to their goal but coped with what little got through other than that.
    Konsa: 8 Effortless. He has amazing composure and self belief for his age and carried it deep into their half at times without even appearing to set off with that in mind.
    DaSilva: 8 Picked them off so often on what might have been dangerous counter attacks and used the ball very well.
    Sarr: 9 Absolutely outstanding. Very intimidating when someone as big as him can also shift and play football.
    Bauer: 8 Really stepped up and took command in Pearce's absence.
    Kashi: 7 Usual no nonsense stuff but nice to see so many others out-score him, at least on my marks.
    Fosu-Henry: 9 As well as the goals, such a willing team player. Could easily have gone over in the box but carried on instead to claim his hat-trick.
    Forster-Caskey: 8 Turning into a very balanced midfielder now. Lovely flicked finish that was ruled out.
    Clarke: 7 Helped set the pattern with his industry and skill.
    Holmes: 8 Usual Ricky performance from such a two-footed player. He does things with his lesser foot that many would struggle to achieve with their best.
    Maginnes:7 Usual selfless endeavour.
    Marshall: 6.5 Dug in and caught the mood well. Looks direct with the ball at his feet.

Reeves: n/a Plenty to admire in his skillful little cameo.
    Konsa: 7.5
    Sarr: 8.5
    Fosu-Henry: 8.5
    Clarke: 7.5
    Maginnes: 7.5
  • clive said:

Konsa: 7.5
    Fosu-Henry: 8.5
    Maginnes: 7.5

So these numbers are completely relative, you just have to be true to yourself and consistent with your numbers for this to work buuuuuuuuuut.......Fosu scored a perfect hat trick and only got an 8.5?!?!

I say this as someone who regularly gets shit for giving numbers that are too high so don't listen to me.

Konsa: 9 (real class act. Calm, composed and reads the game well)
    Starr: 8
    Kashi: 6.5
    Holmes: 9
    Magennis: 7
    Marshall: 6.5 (not on long enough to make a real impact)

• Amos: 6.5- shakey but also gets a bit of stick but a good keeper lacking confidence
    Konsa: 7- not his natural position but good on the ball going to be a premiership player onr day
    DaSilva: 7.5 - very tidy little player, couple of times left with 2 or 3 but didnt do alot wrong and good trying to het forward.
    Sarr: 8-beast, skilful won every header. Easily slotted in and good enough
    Bauer: 8- same as above but less skills very solid game and crucial tackle
    Kashi: 6.5- didnt really get into the game first half but 2nd half looked decent
    Fosu-Henry: 9- great little player tricky, skilful pace and showed he can finish. Without the ball looks a bit lightweight but caused them problems all game, great last goal
    Forster-Caskey: 7- feel he should have been more involved again 2nd half got better
    Clarke: 7- works hard and does alot right
    Holmes: 7.5, created a few chances and a good driving force, quality player
    Magdennis: 7.5, first half looked off the pace but 2nd improved won alot of headers and caused a few problems
    Marshall: 7- nothing of note did ok but doesnt look match fit.

Reeves- looks quality on the ball and will be as vital as holmes if we can get him fit. Will get in ahead of clarke and a nice little cameo good touches and wanted the ball
  • Amos: 6.5
    Fosu-Henry: 10
    Forster-Caskey: 8.5
    Holmes: 7.5
  • My first game for several weeks.

Amos: 7 Had a pretty quiet game, did have one flap when it was 2-1

Konsa: 7.5 Had an almost faultless game and was a real handful. Was too late back to stop their goal though.

DaSilva: 7.5 Looked much more confident on the ball than when I have watched him previously. He was also too much for Fleetwood to handle.

Sarr: 7.5 I am not a fan of his and watched him closely throughout. He had 10 key moments and dealt with each one in very good style. He also threw in a cheeky backheel and reverse spin. Impressive.

Bauer: 7.5 Very good heading as usual, a little unlucky with their goal, as he made a stopping tackle and the ball ran loose into the path of an attacker.

Kashi: 6.5 A bit disappointing for me, I couldn't see much contribution, and he did make a few tiny mistakes.

Fosu-Henry: 8.5 MOM What can I say ? The first header was pretty straightforward but the the other 2 goals required some proper work, You could see he was really up for this game.

Forster-Caskey: 6.5 I hardly noticed him to be honest.

Clarke: 7.5 Provides some excellent link-up play as usual. Shame he went off with a knock. He is another that really looked up for the game throughout.

Homes: 8 He is everywhere, non stop, and constantly on at his team mates to improve. What a guy !

Maginnes: 6.5 Not sure what he was trying to do but he had little impact on the game. Yes, he was heavily marked, but I still expected better heading and flick-ons from him.

Marshall: 7 Incredible that he played 30 mins straight back from injury and without a warm up game. He looked pretty lively on the wing.

Reeves: - not much game time, but he does look like he wants to be involved, so a good sign.

Aribo: - no real game time, and I wonder how KR will use him going forward if the team is in form.

I thought our dugout guys made an important contribution. KR was up and shouting stuff in a foreign language, but I noticed Bowyer and Jacko were up and down in the Tech Area to keep players motivated.

KR had a very definite message when we went 2-1 up close to half time and he let every player know it (after what happened at Walsall).
  • Intrigued how a player can score a hat-trick and only get an 8 from some people. Genuine question.
  • edited October 2017

Intrigued how a player can score a hat-trick and only get an 8 from some people. Genuine question.

Probably not happy with the goal celebrations :wink:
  • Amos: 6.5
    Konsa: 7
    Sarr: 7.5
    Kashi: 6.5
    Clarke: 6.5
    Homes: 7.5
    Marshall: 6.5
  • Sponsored links:

• Easy to not notice Foster Caskey but running and closing down space is graft that needs to be done, plus he is a threat if he gets a sniff at goal. Marks probably undervalue his contribution.
  • edited October 2017

Easy to not notice Foster Caskey but running and closing down space is graft that needs to be done, plus he is a threat if he gets a sniff at goal. Marks probably undervalue his contribution.

Seconded. He is very technically skilled and, like Kashi, he makes a lot of things in possession look easy. But those two are the ones who usually get the ball down and start the play, then break up attacks as they come the other way.

Also, I'll be curious to see his disallowed goal again as it looked tight but the camera angle on the stream was not a good one to judge offisdes by.

Somebody mentioned I think on the post-match thread that Sarr might be the only player in our team with the potential to be a Premier League player. I disagree as I think DaSilva and Konsa both have that potential and are still teenagers, but I think JFC also has that level of ability. His touch and vision and range of passing are all excellent, and he's gotten much better with his workrate, and his consistency. He's always had a knack for getting into passing lanes, but this year he's also been better about getting a foot it and putting pressure on the ball. Plus he's clearly looking to add goals, which would be a big boon for him.

He's an England U21 international. He played in the Championship for Brighton. He seemed to have lost his way a bit and bounced around on loan, but coming to this division and have a full pre-season with us, he's really starting to find himself again.

Sorry LL I'll take this to the post-match thread
  • Stream

Bauer: 8
    Holmes: 8
  • Was there.
    Bauer: 8.5
    Holmes: 9
  • Amos 6.5 - weak link. Time to give Phillips, who we actually own, a chance.
    Konsa 8 - Immense.
    DaSilva 7.5
    Sarr 7 - reads the game well, never comfortable with him on the ball
    Bauer 7
    Kashi 6.5 - quiet game but did his job
    Fosu-Henry 10
    Forster-Caskey - 8 - underrated and keeps the team ticking in midfield.
    Clarke 6.5
    Holmes 7.5
    Magennis - 6.5 - didn't win much in the air for the first 70 minutes but didn't stop working their back four
    Marshall - 6 - difficult to judge, wasn't on long.