Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Afternoon Tea

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Not a fan of the Sue piss taking now, she hasn't mentioned either forums or CARD for quite a while on the FB group.

Not saying she's in my mates list but maybe only attack her in defence of CARD or CL from now on. You know show some of the class we have that she didn't show to protesters.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Not a fan of the Sue piss taking now, she hasn't mentioned either forums or CARD for quite a while on the FB group.

Not saying she's in my mates list but maybe only attack her in defence of CARD or CL from now on. You know show some of the class we have that she didn't show to protesters.

Agree. She's not worth wasting a breath for. Also personal attacks ain't on really. Unless justified and in this case it's not.
  • Options
    Gentle gentrification
  • Options
    Being a lover of Cornwall and all things Cornish it is jam on the scone first, then the cream.

However the club can shove this where the sun don't shine.

#notapennymore
  • Options

Being a lover of Cornwall and all things Cornish it is jam on the scone first, then the cream.

However the club can shove this where the sun don't shine.

#notapennymore

Correct on both counts.

I'm Charlton/Woolwich/Eltham through and through but I've recently discovered that some of my ancestors were tin miners from Redruth in Cornwall. That explains why I put jam on the scone before the cream despite feeling just a little bit dirty for doing so. It's not my fault, it's in my bloody DNA
  • Options
    Can some of the marketeers on here even begin to help me understand the sort of thinking behind this

From the little I know of marketing, when a brand/product/service does a promotion, surely it has to be linked to its customers. Who the fuck, man or woman goes to a football game for afternoon tea. I'm baffled by this on a lot of levels
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Can some of the marketeers on here even begin to help me understand the sort of thinking behind this

From the little I know of marketing, when a brand/product/service does a promotion, surely it has to be linked to its customers. Who the fuck, man or woman goes to a football game for afternoon tea. I'm baffled by this on a lot of levels

Daisy and Tony have been told to shut the fuck up by Pitch Tom on anything important so have come up with this little effort is my guess. It's their segway into Tea dances. Bizarre.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

I'm just catching up on all this

Afternoon tea at a football game is fucking ridiculous.

So shall we put you down for one ticket or two :smile:
  • Options
    Nug said:

cabbles said:

Daisy and Tony have been told to shut the fuck up by Pitch Tom on anything important so have come up with this little effort is my guess. It's their segway into Tea dances. Bizarre.
    and ridding the ground of the great unwashed who throw things, shout rude things and protest at the calamitous running of the club.
  • Options
    Roy Keane would shit his breaches at this

My missus loves an afternoon tea with her mates and family and I get how it's a thing, it always has been.

I'm just picturing her face if I were to tell her we were going for afternoon tea. At Charlton.

Once she had finished admonishing me for combining 2 things that should never meet she would then put Latrine Miere at the top of her shitlist and probably beat her until she shat a cream scone out.

Besides anything else the grammatical mistakes on the promo make me want to slap whoever was given the job of creating that abortion
  • Options
    We're doomed, the cake sales was the Jan transfer kitty.
  • Options

Next idea should be a bottomless Prosecco brunch.

The amount of pissed up 23 year old birds floating around the place should see crowds increase tenfold.

I'd actually give this the thumbs up. Afternoon tea screams Jane and her daughter Hollie coming up from Guildford for a day out
  • Options
    HEY, hang on there, I've just realised that Meire et al have stolen my idea when I drew up a Vista Lounge themed menu for the game postponed against Scunthorpe in Jan last season because we had no undersoil heating.
    It went like this:

• Roast Groundsman's head on a bed of piping cold spinach with a tartare sauce drizzled in lines delightfully arranged to replicate the frozen penalty area in front of the Jimmy Seed Stand. (n.b. vegetarian option available if you wish the Groundsman to be spared).

• Cold tongue pie served with fresh Katrien grin (imported daily from Belgium).

• One complimentary Duchâtelet Extra Bitter Beer brewed and cooled in our own specially created chill room (formerly the under-soil heating boiler room)

Enjoy your meal whilst looking out over the vast, cold, ice-bound City of London. Try to identify the tops of famous buildings such as The Shard and Canary Wharf as they poke above the snow-drifts.

After your meal visit the padded seat in the West Stand which for an extra £15 you could have furthered your match-day experience had the game been on. Instead, try to capture the excitement of the minutes before kick-off and look around at the vast array of empty seats - just like it is on a normal match day!
  • Options
    Hi Leuth

Enjoy a two-course French-themed set-menu and a drink with us ahead of our home game against Walsall, the visitors to The Valley on Saturday, January 20th (3pm kick-off).

From just £25 per person, non-inclusive of your match ticket, you can enjoy the build-up to the game in the comfort of our extremely popular Vista Restaurant, where we will be offering a taste of France with a homemade beef bourguignon served alongside a selection of sides, followed by a delectable French apple tart to finish it all off!

• Options
    Beef stew and fat chips with apple pie lumped in... for £25? You do mix in high falutin circles comrade.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Hi Leuth

Enjoy a two-course French-themed set-menu and a drink with us ahead of our home game against Walsall, the visitors to The Valley on Saturday, January 20th (3pm kick-off).

From just £25 per person, non-inclusive of your match ticket, you can enjoy the build-up to the game in the comfort of our extremely popular Vista Restaurant, where we will be offering a taste of France with a homemade beef bourguignon served alongside a selection of sides, followed by a delectable French apple tart to finish it all off!

Well it IS Walsall and it IS the 20th January.......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m not sure I get the connection.

Did Walsall used to be in France?
  • Options
    The English Riviera mate

(actually I'd totally visit, Black Country probably great for walks)
  • Options
    You could get a 3 course set menu in a very decent Central London restaurant for that this time of year.

Clueless.
  • Options
    They have advertised several of these kinds of things this season but never say what the vegetarian and vegan options are.
  • Options

You could get a 3 course set menu in a very decent Central London restaurant for that this time of year.

Clueless.

Or 30 cans of Stella from the Off Licence need the ground.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

They have advertised several of these kinds of things this season but never say what the vegetarian and vegan options are.

In keeping with the French theme, I’m sure they’ll do you a plate of mangetout if you ask nicely.

Still cost you a pony!

• Options
    Maybe Yans coming back