Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Afternoon Tea

Comments

• I love an orange club and a cup of tea

That's why you support Hearts jambo ;-)
    and you have admitted that your appreciation for hibs comes from reading trainspotting, a story of skag heads.

GSTQ...
  • edited September 2017
  • edited September 2017
    And their was me saying that the club had no real strategy to increase attendances..!!

Well played Tone, your years of arranging sandwiches has finally paid dividends, where would Daisy be without you...??
  • Clueless beyond belief.
  • WSS said:

The unnecessary capitalisation of words after commas offends me as much as the event itself.

Small P for Prosecco - capital A for "assorted". Yikes!
    Is there anything they do that isn't plain shoddy ?
  • edited September 2017
    WSS said:
    To be fair that sounds pretty good. I mean it's not Langshott Manor or Hampton Court... But does it include match tickets for that price?
  • seth plum said:

It is impossible to see any club menus anyway. They advertised a Lasagna event recently, but there was no way of finding out the vegetarian alternative if there was one. This talks of an assortment of sandwiches but no clue as to the content of those sandwiches.

Was probably a Vegetable lasagna... #justsayin
  • Leuth said:

And it's cream first, anyone who disagrees is a savage

Jam first. Anyone who disagrees is a savage (i.e. a filthy Devonian).

• Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

WSS said:
    To be fair that sounds pretty good. Does it include match tickets for that price?
    I imagine so as for an extra £15 you can upgrade to padded seats.

It's not for me, although I do like a class of Prosecco and sandwiches and I certainly like a scone with cream and jam on it, I wouldn't combine it with a football match.

If there are any that might be interested then it's fine with me. I suspect that it will fail but then it's, probably, not aimed at the likes of us. I would be inclined to believe, however, that it's aimed at people that would think it had been written by a child with so many grammatical errors in it.
  • Grammar aside (which is almost laughably bad and frankly, odd). Is this really a big deal?

I know we hate the regime, but blimey, i'm sure this has been thought of and attempted by other clubs.

Jam first, always.
  • Dazzler21 said:

seth plum said:

It is impossible to see any club menus anyway. They advertised a Lasagna event recently, but there was no way of finding out the vegetarian alternative if there was one. This talks of an assortment of sandwiches but no clue as to the content of those sandwiches.

Was probably a Vegetable lasagna... #justsayin
    'probably' #justsayin
  • You can just imagine the conversation between KM and Duchaelet.

"We need to find a way to get more customers in and to get them to spend more money"

"Hmmmmmm what do British people like?"

"I know, afternoon tea"

"Spiffing idea" (mock British royalty accent)
  • Dazzler21 said:

WSS said:
    To be fair that sounds pretty good. Does it include match tickets for that price?
    I imagine so as for an extra £15 you can upgrade to padded seats.

It's not for me, although I do like a class of Prosecco and sandwiches and I certainly like a scone with cream and jam on it, I wouldn't combine it with a football match.

If there are any that might be interested then it's fine with me. I suspect that it will fail but then it's, probably, not aimed at the likes of us. I would be inclined to believe, however, that it's aimed at people that would think it had been written by a child with so many grammatical errors in it.
    Sneaky 'I'll take you out for an afternoon tea in the city' to the Mrs... It's not a lie afterall...
  • Grammar aside (which is almost laughably bad and frankly, odd). Is this really a big deal?

I know we hate the regime, but blimey, i'm sure this has been thought of and attempted by other clubs.

Jam first, always.

I don't think it's a big deal either and neither is whether you put the cream or jam on first.

But it seems like something that should be on offer to guests as an option rather than an attraction in itself.
  • WSS said:
    Does the £25 include the £15 upgrade to a padded seat? £25 is a lot of money for some cake and sandwiches!
    £20/25 is the going rate for an afternoon tea so i doubt it includes anything else.
  • I think with scones and jam they are trying incourage the women's institute to take up season tickets.
  • Jints said:

Leuth said:

And it's cream first, anyone who disagrees is a savage

Jam first. Anyone who disagrees is a savage (i.e. a filthy Devonian).

'Zactly.

If you were making trifle, you wouldn't put the bleddy jelly on top of the custard, would 'ee?

Jam first. Bleddy 'ansome tiz.

• Sponsored links:

• scone as in gone
  • scone as in gone

Scone as in cone with an s in front.

• Jam or cream first depends on regional variations. Rhyming with 'gone' or 'cone' is also dependent on regional variations.

That said, if anyone disagrees that it's cream first and 'gone' they are a philistine.
  • seth plum said:

At last the club is using Tony Cojones properly. He might even have sussed the difference between cheese and vegetarian cheese by now, because nobody can deny he has extensive experience in sandwich making.

Old Tony, needs a sandwich board with job required on it.
  • Looks like a non-issue to me.
  • bobmunro said:

Jam or cream first depends on regional variations. Rhyming with 'gone' or 'cone' is also dependent on regional variations.

That said, if anyone disagrees that it's cream first and 'gone' they are a philistine.

You've lived up north too long @bobmunro

Scone sounds like stone. short vowell
  • WSS said:
    Does the £25 include the £15 upgrade to a padded seat? £25 is a lot of money for some cake and sandwiches!
    £20/25 is the going rate for an afternoon tea so i doubt it includes anything else.
    Paid £3.90 last Saturday afternoon in Dunelm. Very nice too.
  • Afternoon tea!?!?!
    What in the actual feck?!?!
    Jeez I'm glad I'm in Eire now.
    What have they done to my club???????

Hold on, you clearly aren't attending any league of Ireland matches over here if you think you can't get prawn sandwiches, Earl Grey tea and table service included in the price of admission!

I was at a Shamrock Rovers match on Friday and they had run out of clotted cream so I had to make do with just jam on my scone; the absolute scandal of it! That's not to mention that there was a smudge on the table cloth, I had the Maitre-D' move us at once.
  • bobmunro said:

Jam or cream first depends on regional variations. Rhyming with 'gone' or 'cone' is also dependent on regional variations.

You've lived up north too long @bobmunro

Scone sounds like stone. short vowell
    I think not, Henners.

The official BBC pronunciation is rhyming with 'gone'. That said they have upped sticks and moved to Salford so you may have a point!
  • Is it possible to swap the tea for a bovril?