Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Walsall v Charlton | Tue 26 Sep | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    4-1 to the away side - just like in 2000.

Oh wait, we've got no back up, so with both Pearce & Clarke probably missing we are left bringing in Konsa (or Sarr) and Aribo - leaving us with a bench more akin to a crèche.

2-0 loss
  • Options
    Both teams to score. And, what's more, both teams to concede.
  • Options
    I partially agree with KR that Bury are in a false position, they've got an ambitious owner and have brought in many decent players in the summer.

However I completely disagree with him when he suggests that on Saturday we deserved to win, as Bury were better than us for much of the first half and even in the second created some decent chances. It certainly wasn't one of those games where they were lucky to get a draw.
  • Options
    1-1. Early season optimism diminished by a seeming lack of a plan B and only 1 striker
  • Options
    What is it with all this plan B malarkey.
    I'm old fashioned.....my idea of plan B is simply to train and work harder in order to make plan A achievable!
  • Options
    We could desperately, desperately use a win and a good performance. Think the second half on Saturday was a good step in the right direction. Play like that and we'll win.
  • Options
    Robbo has accepted we have not got a plan B; so find one.

Someone suggested lobbing Sarr up front. Not the worst suggestion if we are going to chuck the ball up into the mix for the last 5 to 10 minutes, he is a big lump, passes ok and scored with a low shot last week. As a minimum it would mean that big Mag would only have one marker.
  • Options
    Like most weeks against most teams, that is any team out side the top 3 or 4, who knows.

They will get in our faces closing us down frustrating Pep Robinson's master plan.

Result?

We wilt we lose
    We battle a draw
    We rise above it we win.

Tuesday night in Walsall, nah we wont fancy that much, 2-0 to the Walsall
  • Options

tricky game (aint they all proving to be so) against another club that punches well above its weight .. they have been there or thereabouts over the past couple of seasons despite losing players and managers

I'll be happy with a point from this despite being totally p&%$£ed off with 1-1s, still better than a 0-1 or worse

Walsall 1 v CAFC 1

(as mentioned @ForeverAddickted .. no Kashi in your line up .. I suspect a slip of the finger, yours not his)

Deliberately left him out as reckon Robinson might give him a rest.

He's made my life a bit harder this week as said after Bury that he might rotate the squad a little and give players a breather - that probably means he'll play the exact same team as Saturday and then have a moan that Reeves and Marshall are injured when we lose!!
  • Options
    I can't see anything other than a convincing Walsall win. Ricky Holmes can't do it all on his own, and our defence without Pearce will be vulnerable. Big Josh will be even more isolated than usual without Clarke to hold it together, so I'm fearing the worst.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think it was on the Bury post match views that someone said that tonight should be interesting.

Neither Charlton or Walsall appear able to Defend at the moment (Although probably harsh on us seeing that half of our goals conceded have come in two games) - Yet at the same time both certainly know where the goal is...

0-0
  • Options
    1-1 fair play to anyone going up there, safe trip as always.
  • Options

RHF playing for the U23s today, which presumably rules him out for tomorrow. If Clarke isn't fit, I'd like to see Aribo come in for him, with Sarr replacing Pearce

Either way I have no confidence for tomorrow, expecting another disappointing result...

Barnes and Dijksteel NOT in U-23s squad yesterday, so maybe some involvement for both today?
  • Options
    3-0
  • Options
    There will be a game soon where we convert these chances
    Today's that game
    1-5
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Today's that game
    1-5

That came against Northampton didnt it?
  • Options

clb74 said:

Today's that game
    1-5

That came against Northampton didnt it?
    Due another one
  • Options
    Hope we can keep a clean sheet but seems unlikely. 2-1 to Walsall.
  • Options
    1-1
  • Options
    Anybody know how many of Walsalls 13 goals have come from set pieces ? I hope it's not many because defending them are a real problem for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Having watched the Southend and Wigan games I fear I may have already witnessed the peak of our season and the exciting new era (mark 4), followed by the the inevitable decline to mid table obscurity.

Some lovely football to be fair to Sir Gobby but just too powder puff and far too easy to play against for this level. Get a couple of energetic bruisers in those central two spots to put some pressure on and intimidate the opposition. Foster-Casket looks like a decent player but needs to be further up the pitch.

And call me a traditionalist old fool but a striker might offer an outside chance of long term success.

1-1 (Holmes for us of course)

• Options
    smsm
    edited September 2017
    Redrobo said:

Someone suggested lobbing Sarr up front. Not the worst suggestion if we are going to chuck the ball up into the mix for the last 5 to 10 minutes, he is a big lump, passes ok and scored with a low shot last week. As a minimum it would mean that big Mag would only have one marker.

On the other hand we could play stri
    Redrobo said:

on the other hand we could play strikers as strikers rather than as wingers.
  • Options
    sm said:

Redrobo said:

On the other hand we could play stri
    Redrobo said:

on the other hand we could play strikers as strikers rather than as wingers.
    I'd like to try that - maybe with Konsa coming in for Pearce. But it is more likely not to work than work - I have to concede that. It successful, it would give us extra height for set pieces and Sarr does seem to have good ability with the ball for a big man - he is just a bit prone to lapses which might be less of an issue further up the pitch.
  • Options
    we sneak a 1-0 win ,holmes to score with a deflection off his top knot
  • Options

It'll be a game of two 1st halves ..... like in 1963 (if you know your Charlton history).

• Options
    Sky will have the wrong score for 80 minutes of the game (us losing off course...), then unerringly that will be the actual final score! I saw it in my tea leaves this morning.
  • Options
    Oi pack it in SJ, my tealeaves said crushing away win well worth the effort of traipsing up there, but it was my special blend purchased on my travels.
  • Options
    I am going to this one with @Gumbo my last eighteen away league games I have attended have seen seven draws and eleven defeats not particularly hopeful of breaking my freakish duck tonight!
  • Options
    Ketman said:

I am going to this one with @Gumbo my last eighteen away league games I have attended have seen seven draws and eleven defeats not particularly hopeful of breaking my freakish duck tonight!

My away record is almost as bad, but not going tonight so my next away day defeat will be on Saturday at Fleetwood...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!