Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is there something wrong with the site

I can't scroll up or down on my mobile. It's not the phone because everything else I access scrolls ok

Comments

• its you mate I think, no known issues
  • No problem on my mobile
  • its you mate I think, no known issues

Probably was. I closed the page down and searched for the site again and signed in and it's ok now. It was just the CL site that had the problem before which is why I asked.
  • I can't sign in on my mobile...... I use FireFox and cleared cookies and cache last Saturday (meaning that I logged out of all the site) and haven't been able to sign in Charlton Life since. I tried another web browser and still can't log in. The 'Full Site' button at the end of the homepage doesn't work either. Anyone having the same problem?
  • I can only sign in through Google !!
  • I can't sign in on my mobile...... I use FireFox and cleared cookies and cache last Saturday (meaning that I logged out of all the site) and haven't been able to sign in Charlton Life since. I tried another web browser and still can't log in. The 'Full Site' button at the end of the homepage doesn't work either. Anyone having the same problem?

Something to do with Brexit, I expect.

You've been banned Jessie. ;0)

• Is-there-something-wrong-with-the-site?

Where would you like me to start :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• I can only sign in through Google !!

The same thing happened to me on Saturday just gone.
  • Is anyone else ticking the 'stay signed in' but having to continuously sign back in?

Not sure if Vanilla Forums have changed their policy and you can only be logged in on one device at a time?

Hi Jessie,I had a problem signing in today,so went through Google to CL and re signed in no problem... give that a try.
  • @JessieAddick I did some digging on these issues this morning and it looks like a domain/forwarding/cookies issue. Make sure you're using forum.charltonlife.com and not charltonlife.vanillaforums.com. That may be the reason some are able to get through the issue by Googling the site.

I'll see if we can resolve the issue either way, but you should be able to log in through the forum.charltonlife.com link, on whichever devices you have, simultaneously.
  • LoOkOuT said:

@JessieAddick I did some digging on these issues this morning and it looks like a domain/forwarding/cookies issue. Make sure you're using forum.charltonlife.com and not charltonlife.vanillaforums.com. That may be the reason some are able to get through the issue by Googling the site.

I'll see if we can resolve the issue either way, but you should be able to log in through the forum.charltonlife.com link, on whichever devices you have, simultaneously.

Did we ever resolve the issue of the warning about logging in not being secure if you're using forum.charltonlife.com?
  • It's only not secure if you try to make it secure! The SSL cert only covers the vanilla domain and not our own domain, which means it's not an issue per se. It's working the way it is supposed to, but the message gets thrown up if you move from the vanilla domain into our domain and your browser tries to keep the https. I'm trying to work through the domain issues and get all of this a little more streamlined.
  • T.C.E said:

FFS @LoOkOuT can we tidy up our comms behind the scenes please? Another mod has wasted about 4 hours looking into this today.

Apologies @i_b_b_o_r_g

Four hours to turn it off and turn it on again! @LouisMend sorted Charlton live for me in seconds. The mans an IT genius ;)
    Took me years of training to master turning it off and then on again ;)
  • LoOkOuT said:

@JessieAddick I did some digging on these issues this morning and it looks like a domain/forwarding/cookies issue. Make sure you're using forum.charltonlife.com and not charltonlife.vanillaforums.com. That may be the reason some are able to get through the issue by Googling the site.

Thank you very much! It's now solved! I've just bookmarked forum.charltonlife.com on my mobile phone. I vaguely remember reading about the vanilla forum link problem and I probably updated the address on my home computer but forgot to do the same on my mobile phone.

Thanks for your and the other mods' time!
  • Sponsored links:

• FFS @LoOkOuT can we tidy up our comms behind the scenes please? Another mod has wasted about 4 hours looking into this today.

Apologies @i_b_b_o_r_g

A certain Prague based poster is gonna have a mental break down if he see's this.
  • I'm on mobile but the site seems to have switched to the desktop version. Anyone else? Any idea how to fix?
  • Chunes said:
    I'm on mobile but the site seems to have switched to the desktop version. Anyone else? Any idea how to fix?
    right at the bottom of the home page there should be a tab allowing you to switch
  • Yes! Nobody’s bloody moaning!
  • For me it’s very slow loading the pages......50% of the time it just freezes completely.....mind you, I am in hospital using The NHS server.
  • Very slow here too this morning.

Must be all the bloody pictures of booze.
  • ads said:
    Chunes said:
    I'm on mobile but the site seems to have switched to the desktop version. Anyone else? Any idea how to fix?
    right at the bottom of the home page there should be a tab allowing you to switch
    Cheers
  • Something strange happening, I’ve been kicked out of the site more times than the missus has tried to kick me out of my house. 

Elliott’s revenge?!?
  • “Keep me signed in”

Im having to sign in every time I come on and wonder if anyone else has the same problem (or just me)

Its always worked well in the past.
  • Full of helmets?