Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The influence of the EU on Britain.

Comments

• We're gonna build a wall.
  • I quite like Finland.
  • I like bananas because they have no bones
  • Don't worry silav....they don't stay open for long these days :wink:
  • I like bananas because they have no bones

Put a seed into the ground, wait for the sun to come around?
  • cabbles said:

Don't worry silav....they don't stay open for long these days :wink:

Well if we've learnt one thing from this thread being open so long... Think we've all discovered that your shite at whack a mole!!
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

Don't worry silav....they don't stay open for long these days :wink:

Well if we've learnt one thing from this thread being open so long... Think we've all discovered that your shite at whack a mole!!
    It's you're mate
  • Fiiish said:

Has it been worth it?

You can tell he's not a Brexiter because the sign would say Freshest Fruit's £1.00p
    Even that would be incorrect as there's only apples, hardly fruit or fruit's.
  • edited September 2017
    se9addick said:

Wish I'd never started this thread now:(

You knew exactly what you were doing!
    Damn, you sussed me, se9.
  • @NornIrishAddick
    So what shall we do ?

Cancel Brexit because we can't control a border ?
    Move the border into the sea and treat the island as an island ?
    Stay in the customs union in case someone opens fire at a customs post?

It's unfortunate as you said, that the GFA is breaking down for other reasons, but do the people of NI or ROI really want a return to violence over this? There are probably factions that do, but these guys will resort to violence with any excuse. Should we appease them ?

This issue has to be dealt with in as practical way as possible (probably no plan will be deemed ideal for all parties involved) - but we can't make it a deal breaker, we have to get on with it.
  • seth plum said:

@NornIrishAddick
    So what shall we do ?

It's unfortunate as you said, that the GFA is breaking down for other reasons, but do the people of NI or ROI really want a return to violence over this? There are probably factions that do, but these guys will resort to violence with any excuse. Should we appease them ?

This issue has to be dealt with in as practical way as possible (probably no plan will be deemed ideal for all parties involved) - but we can't make it a deal breaker, we have to get on with it.

You ask 'so what shall we do?'.
    All the people who voted brexit will be able to answer that one.
    The Conservative government and their brexit team will also be able to answer that one won't they?
    After all we have to get on with it.
    Any ideas yourself?
    you're wrong. I voted leave and I don't know the answer. There will be a solution, it won't derail our leaving the European Union.
    There is clearly a solution available. for example a wall, barbed wire, mines on either side of the border, watchtowers and machine gun nests. Lengthy checks at all allowed crossing points, and compulsory purchase of land or buildings that straddle the border.
    There you go, an idea. Which is probably one idea more than the brexit voters and Conservative government has.
    It will be easy to call out my idea as a) ridiculous and b) too expensive, but my challenge to anybody is that I have started with one idea, does anybody have any other/better ones?
  • seth plum said:

seth plum said:

@NornIrishAddick
    So what shall we do ?

The Conservative government and their brexit team will also be able to answer that one won't they?
    Any ideas yourself?
    you're wrong. I voted leave and I don't know the answer. There will be a solution, it won't derail our leaving the European Union.
    There is clearly a solution available. for example a wall, barbed wire, mines on either side of the border, watchtowers and machine gun nests. Lengthy checks at all allowed crossing points, and compulsory purchase of land or buildings that straddle the border.
    There you go, an idea. Which is probably one idea more than the brexit voters and Conservative government has.
    It will be easy to call out my idea as a) ridiculous and b) too expensive, but my challenge to anybody is that I have started with one idea, does anybody have any other/better ones?
    yep, Ireland should leave as well..
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

seth plum said:

@NornIrishAddick
    So what shall we do ?

Any ideas yourself?
    That is a bit contradictory.
    If the UK is leaving the EU because it doesn't want to do what the EU says, then the result of the referendum means that Ireland has to do what the UK says...leave the EU too?
    I don't think that idea will have legs, my idea of an expensive hard border is more likely, but if my idea prevails then I would expect a lot of terrorist incidents to be the consequence of that.
    That would be appalling, I am no nationalist, but for the UK nationalists to tell the Irish nationalists whats what will only end in tears, and probably bloodshed.
    It would be much easier of course if the people who voted to leave the EU happily accepted that there will be no control of borders, and there would be free movement of people and goods.
    In return the UK population could be allowed blue passports or something, to help their self esteem.
  • seth plum said:

seth plum said:

@NornIrishAddick
    So what shall we do ?

So now we are taking back control.........of Ireland
  • Because you don't like the result?
  • Here we go again...
  • In an EU context REMAIN means status quo ie steady progress to 'ever closer union' as outlined by Juncker last week.

LEAVE, as evidenced by the shambles of negotiations, can happen in a number of ways.

Many on the LEAVE side are as fed up with the ineptness of May, Davis et al as any REMAINER.

My personal view is that, as closet remainers, they actively want to screw it up so that we later return to the EU and abolish the pound as a giant leap to further integration.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!