Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

North Korea

Comments

• Options
    We need more politicians like BoJo, Rees-Mogg, Farage and Trump who speak their mind. Trump's speech yesterday was superb and his delivery amazing. My only regret was he didn't threaten to destroy China, Mexico and Iran as well.

Politicians are frequently too scared to say what they think but not Donald who despite being one of the most ignorant people on planet earth isn't afraid to share his insights.

The more empty threats he makes the more ridiculous he looks. God bless America....

• Options

We need more politicians like BoJo, Rees-Mogg, Farage and Trump who speak their mind. Trump's speech yesterday was superb and his delivery amazing. My only regret was he didn't threaten to destroy China, Mexico and Iran as well.

Politicians are frequently too scared to say what they think but not Donald who despite being one of the most ignorant people on planet earth isn't afraid to share his insights.

The more empty threats he makes the more ridiculous he looks. God bless America....

Too much mention of God in all this.
    How do us mere atheists stand ?
  • Options

I think Trump is grandstanding. He knows his rhetoric will be widely condemned by the diplomatic community and by China and Russia but he couldn't care less. He likes the sound of his own voice and knows full well that North Korea has no intentions of firing on US territory or at South Korea. All his jingoistic words are meaningless and he knows it.

Kim Jong- Un isn't going to stop his missile programme and will continue to test launch.

The only danger of this going tits up is as already has been said is for NK to mess up and for a missile going wrong.

Trump is a loose cannon and KJU a tyrannical nut job. How on earth do we let these people get anywhere near power.

Where Trump is concerned it's called "the democratic process".
  • Options
    when Trump spoke about Rocket Man, I had visions of an Elton John puppet doing a Team America montage.

• Options
    limeygent said:

I think Trump is grandstanding. He knows his rhetoric will be widely condemned by the diplomatic community and by China and Russia but he couldn't care less. He likes the sound of his own voice and knows full well that North Korea has no intentions of firing on US territory or at South Korea. All his jingoistic words are meaningless and he knows it.

Kim Jong- Un isn't going to stop his missile programme and will continue to test launch.

The only danger of this going tits up is as already has been said is for NK to mess up and for a missile going wrong.

Trump is a loose cannon and KJU a tyrannical nut job. How on earth do we let these people get anywhere near power.

The trouble with the democratic process as in the UK is that despite getting a minority of the vote you can end up winning. The voting systems in a lot of countries don't really deliver.
  • Options

limeygent said:

The trouble with the democratic process as in the UK is that despite getting a minority of the vote you can end up winning. The voting systems in a lot of countries don't really deliver.
    Then the democratic process should change the process, until they do it's the way it works.
  • Options
    limeygent said:

limeygent said:

Then the democratic process should change the process, until they do it's the way it works.
    Not disagreeing with you just pointing out that politicians often claim to have a mandate despite only a minority of the electorate voting for them - the voting system in the UK is particularly bad but there's no way the main parties will change it as it favours them.

After Trump's success in getting elected it will be interesting to see whether only celebrities will become President. Is Kim Kardashian or the Rock in with a shout?
  • Options
    I think he is Great wish he was over here Vote Trump
  • Options

limeygent said:

limeygent said:

Not disagreeing with you just pointing out that politicians often claim to have a mandate despite only a minority of the electorate voting for them - the voting system in the UK is particularly bad but there's no way the main parties will change it as it favours them.

After Trump's success in getting elected it will be interesting to see whether only celebrities will become President. Is Kim Kardashian or the Rock in with a shout?
    Wouldn't be surprised who runs for the Dems, maybe Oprah.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think he is Great wish he was over here Vote Trump

Maybe when the Queen goes we could install him as our new leader. He'd do a great job and could declare war on Germany.
  • Options

This is the kind of sarcasm I can stand up for!
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

To you it's scary to me it's fantastic that someone will stand up and publicly say what he did

Politicians and people are far too scared to say what they actually feel

The essence of having a politician that doesn't play by the rules is appealing to me. The idea that this is the guy to do it is ridiculous.

What does it matter if it offends so what if that's someone's view then they should be allowed to say it

We are not talking about 'offence'. That's not the issue. We're talking about an astonishing lack of knowledge, and subsequent inability to do an effective job.

I don't agree with loads that the man says but his speech yesterday was superb it made people feel awkward and made people listen and debate

People listen and debate every day. Feeling awkward... what? Why is that a good thing? That's not even what happened, but if it was... why would that be a goal!?

he will only kill 25 million if their country tries to kill first what's wrong with that

Are you seriously saying that 25 million starving/ innocent Koreans should die because of the maniac leaders? I must've missed something here.

Why should anyone have a country willingly firing rockets over other countries air space and just put up with it

Nobody is saying it should be "put up with". Trump talking in inflammatory terms isn't the answer though.

It's refreshing like Reece Mogg the other day

Ok I'm out.
    why are you out Was Reece Mogg wrong to air his opinion because it was different to what others believed , The man is a practicing Catholic and as such holds strong beliefs on certain issues

right or wrong their his beliefs and hats off to him for having the balls to say it

People are saying put up with it thats exactly whats been said for years because people think he wont do it

Are you seriously saying that 25 million starving/ innocent Koreans should die because of the maniac leaders? I must've missed something here.

yes you have missed something the bit where their leader has just sent a nuke to wipe out a part of the world because its the only way it will happen

People listen and debate every day. Feeling awkward... what? Why is that a good thing? That's not even what happened, but if it was... why would that be a goal!?

nonsense no one has debated the things he has said so publicly and if they have its never been beamed out live, the all just blow smoke up arses and its boring

The essence of having a politician that doesn't play by the rules is appealing to me. The idea that this is the guy to do it is ridiculous.

so you agree then parts of his Speech were great its him you dont like as a person , Its people like Trump and Mogg that should inspire and motivate other Politicians who are seen as more acceptable to the main stream to stop being bland and boring and speak up

• Options
    Trump's entire speech, in case anyone wants to make their own judgments.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUPcEYik2Oc
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    but thats not what he said is it

he said if that if they attack him or his allies and rightly so blow them to smithereens
  • Options

but thats not what he said is it

he said if that if they attack him or his allies and rightly so blow them to smithereens

"The United States has great strength and patience, but if it is forced to defend itself or its allies, we will have no choice but to totally destroy North Korea."
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Trump publicly telling the world that he is prepared to anihilate upwards of 25 million people just to satisfy his cock waving ego has significantly strengthened the Pyongyang regime. It plays right into the hands of the "great American devil" propaganda and indoctrination fed to the suffering and fearful North Koreans.

Trump needs to try and actually think before opening his huge foot filled mouth.

The sooner he is rumbled by the American public and he will be. The better for the entire planet.

Not that I'm blowing a trumpet for Trump but he said he would be prepared to do it if NK made first strike.....there is a significant difference between first strike and a warning of what would happen should NK be mad enough to make one, which I have to say, is highly unlikely.
    He was entitled to express those thoughts and arguably correct to do so.
    Send in the Seals......now there's a thought.
  • Options
    It's a fair statement to make
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    See I ain't the only one who thought it
  • Options
    edited September 2017

To you it's scary to me it's fantastic that someone will stand up and publicly say what he did

Politicians and people are far too scared to say what they actually feel

What does it matter if it offends so what if that's someone's view then they should be allowed to say it

I don't agree with loads that the man says but his speech yesterday was superb it made people feel awkward and made people listen and debate

It's not the boring shit we normally here , he will only kill 25 million if their country tries to kill first what's wrong with that

Why should anyone have a country willingly firing rockets over other countries air space and just put up with it

Him telling people that it's USA first is right we should also be U.K. First as should every country in the world

It's refreshing like Reece Mogg the other day was refreshing he should be allowed to say his views and beliefs why not and the fact that it got Trump in power shows his thoughts and views were supported by the majority

He gets his wings clipped daily he can't pass through many things as the safety net is there to ensure that all people get representation via the senate and the House of Representatives

I love it when Vlad says it how it is we need more people willing to put their views out there and let people choose who runs their country based on who they really are not the boring towing the line shit we hear daily

Trouble with this is he tells it like it is and if you don't like then you are fucked. He told all the oligarchs after he got into power they could keep all their riches gained illegally along as they played by his rules. Now the gap between the rich and poor is many times more than what it used to be. And I very much doubt there have been fair elections in Russia since Vlad got the job. I understand why it is appealing for someone like Trump to come out and not beat around the bush but that is just playing into th hands of KJU. I very much doubt KJU will hang around when the shit goes nuclear so as usual the innocent are nuked and the fat boy is on the hideout in some fucking cave in China.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Addickted said:

Thanks for putting that up Limeygent.

So after all the handwringing and bed wetting It was a superbly written, well thought out and brilliantly delivered speech that gave the World precise reactions the US will take should either it or its allies are attacked.

None of us want to see that happen, but he's made it clear. And from the sounds of it with the backing of Russia and China, who have to do all in their power to haul this regime in.

Both America and Trump are wrong on so many issues but they are spot on with this

Brilliant writing? Really? Have you ever heard good political speeches before? There's no consistent narrative, it's just a jumble of ideas. We believe in the democratic process and determinism until it comes to countries we don't agree with, like Iran!

Also, love that he's threatening to pull out of the Iranian deal because it's like "what if North Korea had better scientists and a global key place in the world plus their weapons?" And you get a nuclear armed Iran.

Love that C+ Santa Monica fascist Stephen Miller (thank you John Lovett) put an applause break at the end of a line about the Iran deal being the most one-sided deal America has ever made. That, of course, ignoring the fact that it stopped their nuclear weapons programs, and that a lot of key allies worked very hard on that deal.

But once again, let's not let details get in the way of being a "straight shooter," even if what you're saying isn't that straight.
  • Options
    limeygent said:

limeygent said:

Do you mean how it required two thirds of both houses amend the constitution? Or 2/3s or state legislatures?

I mean that's not really "democracy" is it, because democracy is 50+1?

Unless you think, you know, 2/3s, is a reasonable bar for completely altering a country's foundation...
  • Options
    I think it's one of the greatest political speeches of all time - truly a master orator.

The audience were stunned!
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

limeygent said:

limeygent said:

Do you mean how it required two thirds of both houses amend the constitution? Or 2/3s or state legislatures?

I mean that's not really "democracy" is it, because democracy is 50+1?

Unless you think, you know, 2/3s, is a reasonable bar for completely altering a country's foundation...
    So now you're interested in the Constitution? I thought you were a Marxist. At least that's what you have stated in the past. Most of the time I see you as a "fence-sitter", you try very hard to never completely come down on one side or the other, you can make a lot of friends that way, and get a lot of "likes". When it comes to Trump, or the potential loss of your "bennies", you're a different SD, totally and extremely left. Why don't you listen to what Trump said in his speech, maybe you'll see that YOUR President has YOUR interests at heart? Why don't you read the newest Republican health care plan and understand that it does not exclude pre-existing conditions? Why don't you realise that the constant attacks by the left on this President are doing nothing but solidifying his Presidency? Why don't you and other lefties acknowledge that Obamacare is crashing on it's own, and would have ended in it's current form even if Clinton was President? Why don't you give some credit where it's due, even if you have to give it to Donald Trump?
  • Options
    I don't think itis really worth debating how good or bad the speech was. The basic jist was if you attack us or our allies we will flatten you. It was presented in the way Trump presents things, and I dislike the bloke intensely, but the essence of it, the ultimate message is what any presdident would give and be expected to give.

North Korea's fear is regime change. They know they can't invade anybody, however much they might want to. They have been developing a nuclear weapon and missiles as a deterrent to stop interference but of course this provides a reason to interfere.

What we are seeing now is them giving the west a clear message that they are advanced enough now to hit Japan and even the US if any attempt is made to depose the regime. There is posturing and points scoring but if we take a step back, their only objective can be self preservation of a cruel dictatorship.
  • Options
    I honestly don't understand why in itself the President "speaking his mind" is somehow to be lauded as a great thing.
    As far as I can see he is reducing statesmanship to the primal level of the school playground.
    I know I am not the brightest button but honestly, where is the intelligence?
    I am sure it demeans the credibility and authority of the USA amongst the other world leaders.
    And what exactly does he mean when he threatens to annihilate North Korea?
    What, like they annihilated North Vietnam? Oh wait.
    Or are we to interpret that he is implying a nuclear attack to deal with the issue in one fell swoop - like the fall-out and devastating consequences will somehow stop within the borders of NK.
    And what about the ordinary citizens of NK many who may be craving regime change, but all of whom are cowed and indoctrinated by their leaders.
    Oh well, let's blow them to kingdom come.
    Or is it all indeed just bluster from the leader of the free world.
    In which case, great speech but they are laughing at you.
    It worries me that Trump gets voted in, but then I probably said the same about Reagan and Dubya.
    I am reminded that the Nazi party was also initially voted in.
    That isn't to compare Trump with a Nazi, just to draw a parallel between two arguably inappropriate leaderships being voted in on the basis of sound-bites and appealing to the lowest common denominator.
    And please don't mistake this for an anti-American rant.
    Far from it, I see them as an important ally and the nation most akin to our own in lifestyle and outlook.
    But if democracy means anything, we have the right to criticise when our leaders are imo making fools of themselves and by association us
  • Options
    The only country that can do anything to resolve this is China but they are scared of regime change in NK so this will just roll on.

Trump can send as many tweets and make as many half-baked speeches as he likes but they're effectively hot air. I'm sure NK knows that if they use a nuclear weapon they will be obliterated but until then?

If China won't pressure the regime then I'm not clear what else there is. Trump's simplistic posturing might play well with his supporters but other than that he continues to be a cartoon figure.