Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hello Pop Pickers!

I'm having a bit of a do next year. Most guests will be like myself aged mid fifties and therefore, the music will reflect that. I've a few tunes I'd want played that will mostly be 70's and 80's disco. That will include few classics of course. However, I don't want to overlook any great tunes. Therefore, can anyone assist with some suggestions that will get us geriatrics up off our feet!

Comments

• When I had my 50th a couple of years back I picked one record for every year I'd been alive. That worked pretty well.
  • You might hire a period juke box preloaded with what you like/want.
  • edited September 2017
    Across 110th Street
    Family Affair
    Super Fly
    Billy Don't Be a Hero
  • Fatback - I Found Lovin'
    Cameo - Single Life
  • Just play the mighty Quo all night.....
    Cameo - Single Life

......only if you are allowed to chin the first person that tries to throw a 'you what, you what' in.

Steve Walsh murdered that song.
  • Street life

le freak

• Sponsored links:

• You Wanna Be In My Gang
    Tiger feet
    Tubthumpting
    Don't Stop Me Now
    Superstition
  • Thanks for the suggestions to date. Macronate very good! We'll probably have to save that for the party when Roland finally departs!
    Cameo - Single Life

......only if you are allowed to chin the first person that tries to throw a 'you what, you what' in.

When I saw them at Hammersmith around '88 he was doing the support set. He was f*****g embarrassing.
  • Rose Royce - Car Wash
    The Equals - Funky Like a Train
    Gwen McCrae - All This Love That I'm Giving
    Dennis Edwards - Don't Look any Further
    Cameo - Single Life

When I saw them at Hammersmith around '88 he was doing the support set. He was f*****g embarrassing.
    Wasn't he ironically driving to a recording studio to do another shocking cover of 'Ain't no stoppin' us now' - when he crashed the car and died?
  • Phil said:

I'm having a bit of a do next year. Most guests will be like myself aged mid fifties and therefore, the music will reflect that. I've a few tunes I'd want played that will mostly be 70's and 80's disco. That will include few classics of course. However, I don't want to overlook any great tunes. Therefore, can anyone assist with some suggestions that will get us geriatrics up off our feet!

This is the strangest invite to a party I have had in ages. But thank you. Where is it and what date? And do you want us all to bring anything?
  • Rock me baby
    Kung fu fighting
  • Freeez - Southern Freeez
    Drizabone - Real Love
    Booker Newbury III - Love Town
    Windjammer- Tossing and Turning
    SOS Band - High Hopes

• Sponsored links:

• Southern Freeez.........tune!
  • Freeez - Southern Freeez
    Drizabone - Real Love
    Booker Newbury III - Love Town
    Windjammer- Tossing and Turning
    SOS Band - High Hopes

Great Choice!

Sounds like you need a decent DJ Phil

Cameo - Single Life

Wasn't he ironically driving to a recording studio to do another shocking cover of 'Ain't no stoppin' us now' - when he crashed the car and died?
    Didn't know that but remember him murdering Maceo & The Macks - 'Cross The Tracks when I saw him.
  • Jamaica Funk - Tom Browne
    Use it Up, Wear it Out - Odyssey
    1999 - Prince
    Teardrops - Womack & Womack
  • Celebrate
    Get Down on IT .. Kool & The Gang
  • edited September 2017
    Rock the Boat
    Grazing in the Grass
    Use it up Wear it Out .. (Already pop picked)
  • not a very loved-up bunch are we, no smoochies so far so how about

Always and Forever - Heatwave
    Sweet Love - Anita Baker
  • Raspberry Beret
  • not a very loved-up bunch are we, no smoochies so far so how about

Always and Forever - Heatwave
    Sweet Love - Anita Baker

Aah, the old erection section.
  • Kashif - Lover Turn Me On
    Melissa Morgan - Fools Paradise
    Loose Ends - Dial 999

And for Largeaddicks smooching section,