Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackpool - Yes us again

Good afternoon. I know you have more than enough on your plate but also that some are interested in what’s happening at our club.
Well we are at the end of the first 3 weeks of High Court action in London where Valeri Belokon is going after the Oystons for, allegedly, unfair treatment of minority shareholders. Basically, allegedly, he wants his fair share of the profits from the investment he made. The outcome, which could potentially involve several million will be known later this year. Whether this affects their continued ownership of BFC, who knows.
All this has been going on in court in London and each day, Pool fans have been in attendance (25 there earlier this week). Their notes are on our site. Quite complex stuff but worth dipping into if interested.

http://fansonline.net/blackpool/mb/index.php

Comments

• thanks for the info and good luck in your fight
  • Thanks @Hertsseasider alwayd keen to here the latest from you guys, all the best both on and off the pitch for the coming season, looking forward to our December get together!
  • All clubs should stick together in these situations. We need each other in order to exist. But in lieu of any clubs with actual clout giving a shit, we have to rely on those who can empathise (I remember Liverpool acting like the world should care for their ownership plight, but where are they when it comes to helping our cause?).

As such, thanks for the update, it's always welcome.
  • I've been following the notes on the tangerine knights fb page on and off while this has been going on. Seems pretty complex stuff but I hope that somehow something positive for the fans comes out of it.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

All clubs should stick together in these situations. We need each other in order to exist. But in lieu of any clubs with actual clout giving a shit, we have to rely on those who can empathise (I remember Liverpool acting like the world should care for their ownership plight, but where are they when it comes to helping our cause?).

Actually, while you could not be expected to know this, the North Western big club Trusts have been showing a lot of support for Blackpool, including Spirit of Shankly, who I think provided financial support for a Blackpool protest, although I can't remember the details.

• JiMMy 85 said:

All clubs should stick together in these situations. We need each other in order to exist. But in lieu of any clubs with actual clout giving a shit, we have to rely on those who can empathise (I remember Liverpool acting like the world should care for their ownership plight, but where are they when it comes to helping our cause?).

Actually, while you could not be expected to know this, the North Western big club Trusts have been showing a lot of support for Blackpool, including Spirit of Shankly, who I think provided financial support for a Blackpool protest, although I can't remember the details.

Everton and Liverpool trusts have attended court cases involving Pool fans
  • Echo everyone's comments
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Everton and Liverpool trusts have attended court cases involving Pool fans
    Nice to hear. Respect.
  • Sponsored links:

• Please keep us informed.
  • Good luck and here's to a brighter future.
  • Well, their future on the pitch certainly looks brighter at the moment. And, for whatever reason, the gates are rising. Yesterday's was 5,200.
  • edited September 2017

Well, their future on the pitch certainly looks brighter at the moment. And, for whatever reason, the gates are rising. Yesterday's was 5,200.

That's the dilemma, isn't it? At the end of the day, most people just want to watch football and enjoy what they see. Then dreadful owners like the Oystons say, "see, we know what we are doing and all those protesting fans don't"

What's your view of this, @Hertsseasider ? We have the same dilemma as you.

• Good luck and don't give up.
  • I wish Blackpool fans all the best in their fight against the arrogant and disgusting Oystons. Charlton Athletic cannot succeed with Duchatelet in charge but you have to remind yourself that it could be worse - the Oystons always spring to mind.
  • Good luck with your fight Blackpool. We are with you brothers and sisters
  • Sponsored links:

• Hello. The court case has now finished and the Judge hopes to give his decision before the end of July. I will let you know. Just wanted to add the following that came out on the last day of the Hearing.

The day after Pool beat Cardiff to clinch promotion to the Premier League, whilst 10's of thousands of fans were nursing hangovers, starting new ones, reading every newspaper, watching re-runs of the match, texting mates and planning trips to OT, Anfield etc, Owen Oyston wrote the following to his son Karl - " I would like a minimum of £5m and maybe a couple of million more so you and I can buy a few things and not to have to sell Travelodge, the apartment in Spain or anything else for that matter apart from the rubbish I want to get rid of..."

• Some Blackpool fans believe this is the beginning of the end of Oyston.

Let’s hope so , they’re filth.
  • Sorry but never forgiven you for sending us down in 1972. You had absolutely nothing to play for but, oh no, you had to smash us 5-0. All we needed was a point to stay up - was a draw too much to ask for? Left me in tears and took me years to recover from it.

Seriously good news for you and very well done.

Bob Stokoe was the motivation behind that result.