Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Does anyone have any positive view on tomorrow ? (2006 thread)

edited September 2017 in General Charlton
honestly ?

Comments

• Yeah, get to go pub get lagging and watch my team. What ever the score is i will have a good day!

Could that be construed as positive?
  • We'll get a point
  • no Gallas - who will at left-back from them
    Clichy is still injured?
    could be the day Romm finally starts to deliver the goods - and we all now he can - we've seen plenty of flashes
    now we need the real deal
  • Really look forward to any home game now I have moved to North Upper. Looking forward to seeing one of the best footballing sides in the world play against Arsenal. Just Kiddin, if you really apprecaite football you gotta admire the way Wengers teams play. As long as we don't get completely taken apart I'll be reasonable pleased. Thought we gave em a good game last season, were we not in the middle of a similar run then? That performance seemed to turn our season last year at home at least.
  • it was this time last year that we were in the middle of a great run... spurs at home 1st october... downhill from then on so perhaps it could be the turning point in the other direction.

yes im feeling well positive now.
  • Can't see anything other than defeat - our midfield is just not anywhere near premiership class and this puts too much pressure on our already weakened defence and leaves our forwards feeding on scraps.

I have a horrible feeling that once the first goal goes in we will collapse completely and get slaughtered tomorrow.

I used to get a buzz about playing the likes of Arsenal et al but I have to admit that I feel totally apathetic about it nowadays. If I didn't have a season ticket I wouldn't even consider going as I am not one of those football followers who can sit and admire the other team tearing us apart - I really only watch one team and take a totally partisan view of a game. If we're crap then the game is crap as far as I am concerned.
  • Come tomorrow the only place in the table will be up! Thats postive! And i've just taken on a third bet with a Watford supporting mate that they'll go down, we'll stay up, and we'll get more points against them than they will against us.
  • its a saturday and the day after is a sunday so no work for two days...that's always a positive for starters...
  • [cite] sporaddick:[/cite]I used to get a buzz about playing the likes of Arsenal et al but I have to admit that I feel totally apathetic about it nowadays. If I didn't have a season ticket I wouldn't even consider going as I am not one of those football followers who can sit and admire the other team tearing us apart - I really only watch one team and take a totally partisan view of a game. If we're crap then the game is crap as far as I am concerned.

I know how you feel. I've always hated playing the top teams and have always wanted their players to be injured / suspended / arrested / kidnapped in the run up to games. I can watch em play well on the tell against someone else. Versus us, i want them to have the stinker of their lives.

Whether its because i've got more involved with this site, i don't know, but i'm certainly getting a more positive outlook towards all things Charlton, despite the currrent problems. I've wrote tomorrow off already, anything will be a bonus.

As i said in the preview, our season really starts against Fulham.
  • Sponsored links:

• If Dowie picks JFH from the start I might just get up and go home.

If he picks the other Bent with JFH coming on at 60 minutes I 'll be positive. We need Pace and power from BOTH strikers tomorrow not just one.

Rommy to rape their left back at every opportunity .

Yeah baby I am positive. I always am for home games.
  • SPORADDICK

Is that a picture of JOHN TERRY you have as an "AVATAR"
  • As a non season ticket holder i have the opportunity of (to an extent) picking an chosing my games, as Sporaddick says the games against the likes of Arsenal & Man Utd are a total turn off. I don't want to pay £40 for a ticket to watch us get battered, i'll happily watch any of the newly promoted teams at £25 or some of the other teams around us, quite happy to pay more for the likes of Spurs & WHU. But honestly it's less depressing to get dragged down the shops by the Mrs than watch Henry & Rooney use us for target practice... Having said that i've obviously parted with my money for tomorrow on the offchance i'll see a win!
  • it will almost certainly be three points for the addicks tomorrow as I won't be going. My dad has my ticket and he has only seen us lose once in the last 3 years, as opposed to me who has only seen us score in one league game in 2006 (the win against Pompey last season). I think when we were going through our 0-0 phase last season I went three months without seeing a goal of any description.
  • it is a picture of john terry indeed but he has a point, thats terry's sad face when hughesy put his penalty away at the Bridge and we were thru... god that seems a long time ago.
  • edited September 2006
    That's because it is but there hasn't been many good occasions since to use for a piccy instead really! I suppose I could always use the `Dennis in the last minute' one but that's even older!

BTW changed it after Arfur's comment - picture probably too small to do it justice!
  • oh well, cancel all positive thoughts.

Gallas and the other one are both in the squad and taking fitness tests in the morning...
  • feeling strangely optimistic about our chances of scraping a jammy draw today - something must be wrong.
  • Can't see anything other than defeat - our midfield is just not anywhere near premiership class and this puts too much pressure on our already weakened defence and leaves our forwards feeding on scraps.

I have a horrible feeling that once the first goal goes in we will collapse completely and get slaughtered tomorrow.

I used to get a buzz about playing the likes of Arsenal et al but I have to admit that I feel totally apathetic about it nowadays. If I didn't have a season ticket I wouldn't even consider going as I am not one of those football followers who can sit and admire the other team tearing us apart - I really only watch one team and take a totally partisan view of a game. If we're crap then the game is crap as far as I am concerned.

Do you still feel apathetic about playing arsenal? Bet you wouldn't have if you knew where we'd be ten years on.
  • What was the score in the end ?? Read the thread thinking is was about tomorrows game s & then realised we were talking about another era.

some people need to move on. Times change. in 2006 I was married & my 3rd child was yet to be born.

but in 2006 Wenger was still the manager of Arsenal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just so everyone knows, I went to 11 away games in the league last season and didn't see us win once. Tomorrow is my first league away this season.
    If we don't win, I will take responsibility.
  • What was the score in the end ?? Read the thread thinking is was about tomorrows game s & then realised we were talking about another era.

some people need to move on. Times change. in 2006 I was married & my 3rd child was yet to be born.

but in 2006 Wenger was still the manager of Arsenal.

2-1 to them
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/5373468.stm
  • What a bizarre bump!!
  • Positive view on playing gillingham no not really be lucky if we get a point after Tuesdays performance