Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Life Poker League - The revival

edited September 2017 in General Charlton
There has been talk on other threads about reviving the CL Poker League.

I have set up a game which will be played on Sunday 24th at 20:30. If this is well enough supported we will set up further games.

The CL poker league play on PokerStars and you WILL need to register. No monetary deposit is required. Unfortunately there are several locations where you will not be able to play from. USA and France based addicks are not allowed to play on PokerStars due to local laws. Also, PokerStars do not let people play home games on tablets or mobile devices. You will need play on a PC or Mac.

If you have not registered on PokerStars before it's simple;

-Download the free PokerStars software from www.pokerstars.com

-Open the main lobby,then click the Home Games tab on the right hand list of icons
-Click the 'Join a Poker Club' button
-Enter the Club ID number: 19158
-Enter the Invitation Code: PSCharltonLife05

That's it. Once approved, we'll all be ready to start playing together.

Anyone that hasn't played before, all charlton life members are welcome to join at anytime.

@Alex Wright & @sadiejane1981

Comments

• Nice one saved me the job :smile:
  • I better get some practise in. Havent played for months

Yeah, yeah, the bluffing has started already :wink:

I never bluff :)

I never bluff :)
    Yes, like I never fold a pair of tens :smile:
  • There has been talk on other threads about reviving the CL Poker League.

I have set up a game which will be played on Sunday 24th at 20:30. If this is well enough supported we will set up further games.

The CL poker league play on PokerStars and you WILL need to register. No monetary deposit is required. Unfortunately there are several locations where you will not be able to play from. USA and France based addicks are not allowed to play on PokerStars due to local laws. Also, PokerStars do not let people play home games on tablets or mobile devices. You will need play on a PC or Mac.

-Open the main lobby,then click the Home Games tab on the right hand list of icons

Anyone that hasn't played before, all charlton life members are welcome to join at anytime.

So how does the gambling go, do you bet real money, or is there no money involved?
  • I have played on Pokerstars from France before, but not for money as you need to send in passports and bank statents etc..
  • We could do the whole league free play so that it's only for bragging rights
  • We could do the whole league free play so that it's only for bragging rights

That won't work. You've gotta have some incentive other than bragging rights
  • Sponsored links:

• Beds obviously dont fancy his chances against the ibborg
  • @cafcdave123 said he's in but only if its strip poker, boys only
  • There has been talk on other threads about reviving the CL Poker League.

So how does the gambling go, do you bet real money, or is there no money involved?
    You pay $5.50 to register for the game, $0.50 goes to PokerStars, the rest goes into the prize fund. The prize fund split depends on the number of players.

That's about the price of a pint of Lager (a lot less in west end pubs!).
  • been years since I played poker, if i'm around will enter this. Is it texas holdem?
  • Rob7Lee said:

been years since I played poker, if i'm around will enter this. Is it texas holdem?

Yes
  • Is this our old club, or do I need to sign up for a new PS Home game league ?
  • Same club Neil
  • I will go on later this evening and accept everyone that requests to join
  • Same club Neil

Thanks Sadie
    Ha, just remembered will have to re-register, I am now "nvj62" on ps
  • Sponsored links:

• Just to let people know although you can't find home games on app/tablet if you pre-register on a desktop it will come up on your phone/tablet.

Looking forward to this just need to try and register or get someone too for me then i play on phone
  • Just to let people know although you can't find home games on app/tablet if you pre-register on a desktop it will come up on your phone/tablet.

Looking forward to this just need to try and register or get someone too for me then i play on phone

That's useful information @johnnybev1987 , Thanks.
  • I have just joined the club so waiting for approval.
  • I have just joined the club so waiting for approval.

I'll go on in a bit
  • There's me sitting like a prize plumb last night waiting for the game to start and then i saw the date. I can't make this coming sunday as I'm away.
  • There's me sitting like a prize plumb last night waiting for the game to start and then i saw the date. I can't make this coming sunday as I'm away.

Shame Beds, we'll miss you.
  • A little hand break down that I played live the other day.

I had K-9

Flop was K-9-9

Turn was an A

River was a 9

The other guy went all-in and turned over Kings.

Absolutely brutal for him.
  • Have you ever seen this?

Four aces losing
  • Have you ever seen this?

Four aces losing

Wow!
    Love the top comment
    Chance of quad aces and royal flush in same hand is 1 in 2.7billion, so what are the chances of getting it when Ray Romano is sitting at the table too.