Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Help please - home v Peterboro 7 Oct

Planning to get to this match but think it is an international weekend. Any chance it will get postponed? Just trying to assess the odds before booking travel!

Comments

• It's a tough one weegie. I can only say that best possible indicator may be that the Oldham game went ahead, and I reckon p'boro will as well

I appreciate this is tricky for you based on travelling down and having to order advance tickets etc

I would be inclined to go for it
  • Look.to see if england u20's have a fixture. Big Josh, Konsa and DaSilva will probably be selected which triggers the possible postponement.
  • Under 20’s are due to play Italy away on 05 Oct and Czech Republic at home on 10 Oct per thefa.com/england/youth-teams/fixtures.
    So may depend on whether Konsa is recalled or not as he missed the last two England U20 games.
  • Under 20’s are due to play Italy away on 05 Oct and Czech Republic at home on 10 Oct per thefa.com/england/youth-teams/fixtures.
    So may depend on whether Konsa is recalled or not as he missed the last two England U20 games.

Konsa wouldn't be eligible for the next U20 world cup so he won't be in the U-20 squad. DaSilva almost certainly will be. For Konsa it'd be the U21s or nothing and right now he doesn't seem to be in the plans there.

I struggle to see who our third international would be. Don't think Billy Clarke had ever had a call up and I think Reeves had one like three years ago for Norn Iron.

What about Peterborough, do they have any internationals?
  • SDAddick said:

Under 20’s are due to play Italy away on 05 Oct and Czech Republic at home on 10 Oct per thefa.com/england/youth-teams/fixtures.

Konsa wouldn't be eligible for the next U20 world cup so he won't be in the U-20 squad. DaSilva almost certainly will be. For Konsa it'd be the U21s or nothing and right now he doesn't seem to be in the plans there.
    Neither Konsa or Dasilva will be eligible for the next U20 World Cup as they were both born in 1998.

Qualification to the FIFA U20 World Cup depends on how you do during the European U19 Championships (for the 2017 version of the World Cup it was the six best teams from that competition)... According to Wikipedia, only players who are born after 1st January 1999 (thats scary) can take part in Euro U19.
  • Any chance of a recall for Kashi?

He's only ever been called up the once back in 2015... Dont recognise many of the Midfielders in the below Algerian squad yet going by who they play for I'd be extremely surprised if he got in ahead of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algeria_national_football_team#Current_squad

He's only ever been called up the once back in 2015... Dont recognise many of the Midfielders in the below Algerian squad yet going by who they play for I'd be extremely surprised if he got in ahead of them.

1999. Jesus.

Top man as always FA.
  • SDAddick said:

Any chance of a recall for Kashi?

1999. Jesus.

Top man as always FA.
    To be honest I didnt have a scooby about the U20 eligibility myself until you piqued my interest with your comment (it confused me as was pretty certain Konsa and Da Silva were the same age) so forced me to go research it
  • Thanks everyone - very useful. Think I might gamble and get it booked.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks everyone - very useful. Think I might gamble and get it booked.

You'll only regret it if we play like we did against Wigan
  • Peterborough haven't had any players called up yet this season.

Will be a tough match playing them without Josh and Jay
  • cabbles said:

Thanks everyone - very useful. Think I might gamble and get it booked.

And knowing my luck, we might well do that!
  • cabbles said:

Thanks everyone - very useful. Think I might gamble and get it booked.

And knowing my luck, we might well do that!
    hah. It's my next game, after my first, Wigan.

And my neighbour Mad Vincent is planning to come along too, "thanks" to @ElfsborgAddick. I think I need to start explaining to him that 4-6-0 is a very sophisticated and successful new formation. Come to think of it, the Scots played it when they were last playing the Czechs in Prague :-)

• Polish pete??
    Reza??