Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Barnsley Owner - Patrick Cryne

Poor chap, very brave and open letter to the Barnsley fans. God bless him, I hope he thoroughly enjoys the remaining time he has left.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41249300

Comments

• Saw that on twitter, very heartfelt.
  • What a fantastic and moving letter.
  • Wow. That was a moving letter. Makes you realise (again) how much more there is to life than football. Strength to the man and as long a life as possible.
  • edited September 2017
    Read it this morning, very brave and incredibly moving. I hope Barnsley give him plenty to smile about
  • I know nothing of him, beyond that letter, but he is obviously a top man and will be missed.
  • it's all been written above ..
  • What I'd give for him to have been an addick.
    Top man.
  • Very moving.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sounds like a top man and a very moving letter. Wish him all the best for the time he has remaining with us.
  • Let's hope he lives to see a positive outcome.
  • Cancer really is truly shocking and horrible.

I lost my Mum back in March due to a short battle with it. Her and my Dad had just started a new life on the Borders of beautiful Scotland (little more than 2 years) before being diagnosed with liver cancer. Just couldn't believe how quickly it all went and how little time it felt to spend with her. But thank God for those moments I had - I will treasure them forever. And the fact I got to care for her along with my Dad for the last few months (with my work being so supportive during this time).

I just regret so many things though. I'm 28 and she left behind my brothers who are younger than myself too. She never saw any of us get married which will always grate on my mind for the rest of my life. Or see any Grandkids ever, she was always forever on at me about it again another thing that grates.

She also left behind my Dad who is heartbroken.

But slowly trying to get back to some form of normality but if I'm being honest things are never really going to be the same again. Sorry for sounding like Scrooge but I'm dreading Christmas this year.
  • Cancer really is truly shocking and horrible.

I lost my Mum back in March due to a short battle with it. Her and my Dad had just started a new life on the Borders of beautiful Scotland (little more than 2 years) before being diagnosed with liver cancer. Just couldn't believe how quickly it all went and how little time it felt to spend with her. But thank God for those moments I had - I will treasure them forever. And the fact I got to care for her along with my Dad for the last few months (with my work being so supportive during this time).

I just regret so many things though. I'm 28 and she left behind my brothers who are younger than myself too. She never saw any of us get married which will always grate on my mind for the rest of my life. Or see any Grandkids ever, she was always forever on at me about it again another thing that grates.

But slowly trying to get back to some form of normality but if I'm being honest things are never really going to be the same again. Sorry for sounding like Scrooge but I'm dreading Christmas this year.

The first Christmas will be difficult but it will get easier with time and less painful. I hope you all manage to support each other.
  • edited September 2017

Cancer really is truly shocking and horrible.

The first Christmas will be difficult but it will get easier with time and less painful. I hope you all manage to support each other.
    Hoof it is right Charltonlad even if it doesn't seem like it right now. I lost my Dad 13 years ago just before Christmas, it's still painful & we miss him still (of course) but you learn to deal with the pain & remember the happy times. It WILL get easier, best wishes
  • A very moving letter to be applauded. Could easily have been self indulgent, but instead just reminds you that we are all on borrowed time really.

Let's hope that double Wembley season Barnsley had is something CAFC replicate this year.
  • Vey sad. He seemed like a fine, honourable man. RIP.
  • Very sad indeed - RIP
  • Not a good day for losing football people.

RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Lovely guy. RIP
  • Respected football club owner and a very fine man. RIP