Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Which school were you at?

Comments

• Seen a lot about St. Olave's in the papers recently for kicking people out with 'bad' (i.e. not excellent) AS level results
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Bonus Pastor secondary 93-98
    Christ the King 6th form 98-00
    Uni of Kent at Canterbury 01-04
    College of Law Guildford 05-06
    CL moderator school Apr 17 - present

You'd have been the year ahead of me at UKC then!
    All down the penny and then the works Monday night mate
    Munchies chicken meal deal on the way home.

Pound a pint Wednesdays, 5 pints for 4 if you get a plastic pitcher at Woodys... Great times.
    I opted to move out of park wood and go into halls at Keynes, so hardly frequented woodys. I remember being in there for the 1-0 win at blackburn on a Monday night. Hereiderson header

I'll be honest, part of the reason I chose UKC was to get back for Charlton. You could get a coach to home and away games back then from the Victoria hotel. Some bloke called Trevor ran it. He was a nice guy, but I haven't seen him in years

@cafctom is also ukc
  • Haven't read the previous 20 odd pages but Mascalls Paddock Wood
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Pound a pint Wednesdays, 5 pints for 4 if you get a plastic pitcher at Woodys... Great times.
    I opted to move out of park wood and go into halls at Keynes, so hardly frequented woodys. I remember being in there for the 1-0 win at blackburn on a Monday night. Hereiderson header

I'll be honest, part of the reason I chose UKC was to get back for Charlton. You could get a coach to home and away games back then from the Victoria hotel. Some bloke called Trevor ran it. He was a nice guy, but I haven't seen him in years

@cafctom is also ukc
    I was also a Keynes lad when I started at UKC and used to get that same coach from outside the Victoria Hotel. Made quite a few friends on there who I still see at Charlton to this day.
  • The School of Hard Knocks...
  • Ravensbourne school in Bromley. Played in the same school football team as the current Bromley manager Neil Smith.
  • Roger Manwood, then further education at Oxford.
  • Charlton Manor 1972-1979
    Eaglesfield 1979-1984
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

@cafctom is also ukc
    Same here - was working the turnstiles at the time! Meant I didn't get the coach as I needed to be there early but I did for a few years after Uni as stayed Canterbury way.

I was Darwin - Woodys and the Lighthouse were cheaper than Origins though!
  • Mayplace Primary 1976-1982

Erith School 1982-1990

University of East Anglia 1990-1993
  • Sponsored links:

• Parish Primary School 89-91
    Launcelot Primary School 91-97
    Kemal Technology College 97-99
    Malory Secondary School 99-02
    Christ the King Sixth Form College 02-04
  • Went to Hawes Down Secondary school for boys, which became Spring Park Upper, when we mixed with a girls school in the 3rd year. Same school as Les Berry went to, although he was a couple of years before me.
  • edited September 2017
    Longfield infant, middle and secondary 75 to 86

Can't recall any other Charlton fan whilst I was there (mind you, Charlton were not great then !!)
  • Longfield infant, middle and secondary 75 to 86

Can't recall any other Charlton fan whilst I was there (mind you, Charlton were not great then !!)

You mean they are now?
  • Woolwich Poly 68-75 - anyone else?
  • I bet there's a few of schools mentioned here that aren't around anymore.
  • edited September 2017
    Lee C of E .. Primary
    Raine's Foundation, Stepney .. Grammar
  • Not that people will have heard of some of them, and for Plumstead_Micky - all still standing but transformed from my day

Frogmore County Infants (now Frogmore Infants)
    Cove Manor Junior (now Manor Junior)
    Fernhill Comprehensive (now Fernhill School)
    Farnborough College of Technology (Still the same name, but most of the rooms I studied in have long gone)
    The City University (now City, University of London)

Yes my school Bloomfield has gone, looking at this thread there are some clever geezers on here

Yes my school Bloomfield has gone, looking at this thread there are some clever geezers on here
    Cheers mate
  • Sponsored links:

• St Gregorys Catholic comp school, Tunbridge Wells
    1998-2003 possibly not sure on dates
    lol i was a proper sh*tbag
  • Mojo's - sidcup - 98-05
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

@cafctom is also ukc
    Same here - was working the turnstiles at the time! Meant I didn't get the coach as I needed to be there early but I did for a few years after Uni as stayed Canterbury way.

I was Darwin - Woodys and the Lighthouse were cheaper than Origins though!
    Yeah I guess. I had crap memories of my opening few weeks of Park wood so tended to stay on the main bit.

Lighthouse Friday nights. Origins was expensive, but had the Mexican food etc.

I always ate at Rutherford. Do you remember the guy that used to serve rice there called Michael? He always served the rice, nothing else. Had a very red face

My mates and I called him Micheal rice. Not to his face, but he was so good and just shouting

'More rice, do you want more rice. What have you got under that rice (i.e. When checking if you were hiding some form of meat)
  • edited September 2017

I bet there's a few of schools mentioned here that aren't around anymore.

Or "Bloomfield Finishing School for Young Gentlemen" as it was known as when I was there. ;)
  • Middle Park Junior School: 75 - 81
    Eltham Green: 81 - 86
    6th Form (Eltham Green / Thomas Tallis / Eltham Hill): 86-88
  • Conway Primary (Plumstead) 1991(?) - 1999
    Woolwich Poly 1999 - 2004
    John Ruskin College (Croydon) - 2004 - 07

(Yes, I needed an extra year of sixth form :disappointed: and yes, I'm younger than most of you :smiley: )
  • T.C.E said:

Or "Bloomfield Finishing School for Young Gentlemen" as it was known as when I was there. ;)
    From memory, in the mid-70s Bloomfield Road merged with Red Lion Lane Grammar to form Eaglesfield Comp - and Woolwich Poly took the old Bloomfield buildings to form a lower school, with the upper still in Macbean Street (or the other way around), changing from a Technical school to a Comp. I left the Poly just as that was happening.

Before then at least once a year a crowd from Bloomfield used to appear at the gates of the Poly for our annual ruck!! (and no it wasn't rugby!!).
  • bobmunro said:

T.C.E said:

From memory, in the mid-70s Bloomfield Road merged with Red Lion Lane Grammar to form Eaglesfield Comp - and Woolwich Poly took the old Bloomfield buildings to form a lower school, with the upper still in Macbean Street (or the other way around), changing from a Technical school to a Comp. I left the Poly just as that was happening.

Before then at least once a year a crowd from Bloomfield used to appear at the gates of the Poly for our annual ruck!! (and no it wasn't rugby!!).
    Shootershill Grammar?? Early 70s I believe, I was asked to leave 73/74 ish
  • T.C.E said:

bobmunro said:

T.C.E said:

Shootershill Grammar?? Early 70s I believe, I was asked to leave 73/74 ish
    Yes of course it was Shooters Hill Grammar - it was in Red Lion Lane which is what confused me (I'm easily confused!). Just checked and Bloomfield Road and SH Grammar amalgamated to form Eaglesfield in 1977 - I thought it was earlier.

• Mulgrave (Woolwich) 62 - 68.

Bloomfield 68 - 73 (inc one year at Eaglesfield after the merger with Shooters Hill)