Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Iphone X

New iphone base model going to set anyone mug enough to buy it £999 minimum!

Jesus H Christ.

Comments

• iPhone xxxx cxxts
  • JiMMy 85 said:

"Our vision has always been to create an iPhone that is entirely screen. One so immersive the device itself disappears into the experience."

I would hate myself if my job was to write stuff like this. I would lie in bed thinking "My god I am such a c**t."

• JiMMy 85 said:

"Our vision has always been to create an iPhone that is entirely screen. One so immersive the device itself disappears into the experience."

I would hate myself if my job was to write stuff like this. I would lie in bed thinking "My god I am such a c**t."

Hilarious ain't it.

That and the Apple exchange rate of $1 equaling £1
  • I mean I love an Apple product but some of the fucking shit they come out with is beyond a joke.
  • It's easy to pick at some of the stupid stuff they come up with but I still won't switch back to an Android.
  • edited September 2017
    buckshee said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Hilarious ain't it.

Some of that is down to them being required to include the VAT to the advertised price in the UK. In the States the state and local sales tax is only added at the till. (0% in New Hampshire and 6% +1.5% in Florida for example.)
  • cafcfan said:

buckshee said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Hilarious ain't it.

Some of that is down to them being required to include the VAT to the advertised price in the UK. In the States the state and local sales tax is only added at the till. (0% in New Hampshire and 6% +1.5% in Florida for example.)
    Plus you have to factor in the B word.
  • Sponsored links:

• They will still sell in their millions, as they always do.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Disappears into itself?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRNPsd_PfeI
  • It's easy to pick at some of the stupid stuff they come up with but I still won't switch back to an Android.

You're not one of the ones they're aiming their crappy marketing at winning over.
  • IPhone is no longer best in market, so many other really good phones out there.
  • edited September 2017
    PopIcon said:

IPhone is no longer best in market, so many other really good phones out there.

Yeah but they're android and as @Rothko once said "getting an android phone is like when you were a kid and asked your mum to get you nike air Jordan and she came home with hi-teq squash"

I just had a birthday and made the mistake of asking for Apple vouchers in preparation , however I'm way off the amount needed even for the iPhone 8 but with all these vouchers on my hands I'm going to have to.
  • PopIcon said:

IPhone is no longer best in market, so many other really good phones out there.

The hardware is good but Android is poor. IOS is much better IMO - but it's probably down to what you are used to.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yup. Outrageously expensive.....but I'll still be getting one no doubt.

The genie is too far out of the bottle now with me and Apple products.
  • rikofold said:

Fiiish said:

Apple has gone massively downhill since Jobs went. I made the switch to Android last year and it is without a doubt far far better. It might have been true a few years ago that iOS edged out Android but not anymore. If you want an accessory, get an iPhone. If you want the best tech, go Android.

Spot on. And frankly I'm struggling to see what's new in this iPhone X. All screen? Face ID? Wireless charging? Immersing display? All old hat now, pick up a Samsung S8 and you've had all those things for ages. And for a lot less of your cash.

Apple is the epitome of lifestyle marketing, to the point where people spend considerably more on lesser products simply because they've bought into the brand. They've been playing catch up for years.
    It's got a picture of an apple on it and is produced in China for £30 by freelance partners. IBerk is out next week
  • Is it iPhone X ( The letter ) or a 10 ( Roman numerals) ?
  • Is it iPhone X ( The letter ) or a 10 ( Roman numerals) ?

Pronounced 10 apparently
  • robroy said:

Is it iPhone X ( The letter ) or a 10 ( Roman numerals) ?

Pronounced 10 apparently
    So what happened to the 9 ?
  • edited September 2017

It's 10. The clue was in the fact that both Tim Cook and Phil Schiller called it iPhone ten several times each during the keynote.

Like many others I don't think this is a big enough advancement to justify the cost of changing my iPhone 6. I think the tech has probably reached it's peak now and I feel as though they are looking for for new gimmicks to differentiate the models. This face ID thing, as interesting as it is, doesn't make the phone any better to use than the finger print scanner, which can be set to two peoples fingers - I'm not sure you can have two faces stored on it.

As for the camera improvements: surprisingly I don't, often, find the need to take a photograph of a gnat's foreskin in the pitch dark so the camera I have will do just find for me.

Clearly they will sell millions of these units, and they will make almost as much money repairing/replacing them when people drop them, but it must be getting to the point when even those with more money than sense will decide that they don't need to new one as it just isn't better, enough, for the cost of a holiday.
  • robroy said:

Pronounced 10 apparently
    It's only X (or 10) to commemorate 10 years since the first iPhone was released.
  • robroy said:

Pronounced 10 apparently
    They skipped it as this is the 10 year anniversary
  • Queued last all last night and bought four.

Everyone will admire me when I get my new phone out in the office.

Won't they?

They will think you're very special - especially as they aren't being shipped until 3rd November. ;-)