Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Important infomation re late arrival for games at The Valley.

edited September 2017 in General Charlton
This is following on from the "Ridiculous bag search" thread, as I think this needs to be seen by everyone as this could happen to any one of us.
First and foremost........Charlton do not refuse entry to anyone turning up late.....no matter how late they are!
Each stand has a late arrival turnstile which 'should' continue to operate.....though I must admit stupidly I didn't ask for how long....but certainly at least up to half time.
Should anyone not manage to get the turnstile to operate ask the nearest steward to contact the control room and access will be granted to let you in via the main door of that stand.
There were a number of persons let in after half time on Saturday and one as late as around the 75th minute! He was spotted by Mick Everett on a security camera acting in a frustrated fashion at the turnstiles and Mick got a steward to ask him what the problem was, after being informed of the problem Mick ok'd it (as he often does) and he was duly let in.
In such an instance stewards....no matter what their seniority CANNOT refuse you entry, they are neither sanctioned to do so or allowed to take it upon themselves to do so.
Insist upon being put through to the control room.....or even go to the main entrance and ask at the front desk.....ultimately (providing you have a ticket), you will be let in at anytime during the game.
Mick says he cannot remember the last time someone was unable to gain entry simply because they were late and is very surprised that BartleyPark left the ground without seeking further assistance....he will attempt at tonight's briefing to find out if anyone will put their hands up or at least clarify what took place.
One good thing that's come out of this saga, is that he will reiterate to all staff concerned what they should do when such an event arises. Add to that, those that read this now know where you stand if you should frustratingly find yourself in a similar situation.
PS.....Mick Everett is a star!

Comments

• Options

This is following on from the "Ridiculous bag search" thread, as I think this needs to be seen by everyone as this could happen to any one of us.
    First and foremost........Charlton do not refuse entry to anyone turning up late.....no matter how late they are!
    Each stand has a late arrival turnstile which 'should' continue to operate.....though I must admit stupidly I didn't ask for how long....but certainly at least up to half time.
    Should anyone not manage to get the turnstile to operate ask the nearest steward to contact the control room and access will be granted to let you in via the main door of that stand.
    There were a number of persons let in after half time on Saturday and one as late as around the 75th minute! He was spotted by Mick Everett on a security camera acting in a frustrated fashion at the turnstiles and Mick got a steward to ask him what the problem was, after being informed of the problem Mick ok'd it (as he often does) and he was duly let in.
    In such an instance stewards....no matter what there ranking CANNOT refuse you entry, they are neither sanctioned to do so or allowed to take it upon themselves to do so.
    Insist upon being put through to the control room.....or even go to the main entrance and ask at the desk.....ultimately (providing you have a ticket), you will be let in at anytime during the game.
    Mick says he cannot remember the last time someone was unable to gain entry simply because they were late and is very surprised that BartleyPark left the ground without seeking further help....he will attempt at tonight's briefing to find out if anyone will put their hands up or at least clarify what took place.
    One good thing that's come out of this saga, is that he will reiterate to all staff concerned what they should do should when such an event arises. Add to that those that read this now know where they stand if frustratingly confronted by a similar situation.
    PS.....Mick Everett is a star!

Good lad Mick. Goes without saying that last season he would be advising them to piss off and find something else to do!
  • Options
    Mick often comes up trumps ... good man.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    From what I've heard about him Mick sounds like a good man. Also, full credit to him for asking his stewards to put their hand up if they turned someone away. Could have been an honest mistake, and the person didn't know, we all make them. But it's good management to get to the bottom of it.
  • Options
    Well played. Thank you.