Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Come on, Nick Pope!

55 minutes to keep Palace out.

Comments

• Kicking not improved.
  • Clean sheet, Nick.
  • Cmon Nick
    Johann playing well too.
  • Pope over palace.
  • Wen you consider the amount of money that Palace have spent on the likes of Cabaye,McArthur,Benteke,Sakho,Zaha,Townsend,Schlupp,and De Boer wouldnt have come cheap they shouldnt be in bottom three ...teehee.
    I wonder if we will be playing them next season?
  • Wen you consider the amount of money that Palace have spent on the likes of Cabaye,McArthur,Benteke,Sakho,Zaha,Townsend,Schlupp,and De Boer wouldnt have come cheap they shouldnt be in bottom three ...teehee.

If we are I doubt we will worry them too much.

• Is this his 1st Prem appearance?

He's 25 now, so let's hope nerves don't kick in and spoil his big chance.
    Once he got a run in the Charlton side he settled down, proving himself to be a very good keeper indeed.

Which, of course, is why Burnley signed him.

• Massive chance for Pope, I hadn't realised Paul Robinson had retired so he's the main backup keeper there now
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:

Wen you consider the amount of money that Palace have spent on the likes of Cabaye,McArthur,Benteke,Sakho,Zaha,Townsend,Schlupp,and De Boer wouldnt have come cheap they shouldnt be in bottom three ...teehee.

Can't buy confidence. I reckon if we played them next week we'd give them a proper game
    Well you never know but they have individual players worth more than the whole of Charlton including The Valley. That's how far we have fallen behind them and it hurts me just to be reminded.

• Leuth said:

Wen you consider the amount of money that Palace have spent on the likes of Cabaye,McArthur,Benteke,Sakho,Zaha,Townsend,Schlupp,and De Boer wouldnt have come cheap they shouldnt be in bottom three ...teehee.

Can't buy confidence. I reckon if we played them next week we'd give them a proper game
    Well you never know but they have individual players worth more than the whole of Charlton including The Valley. That's how far we have fallen behind them and it hurts me just to be reminded.

I know where you are coming from , but if they were to be relegated, they would likely lose the likes of Benteke,Sakho,Zaha,Cabaye,Townsend - they are too good to be playin g in the champs.
  • Great save from Pope - 10 more minutes to keep the Nigel's down at the bottom.
  • Great save from Pope - 10 more minutes to keep the Nigel's down at the bottom.

FFS... Commentators are saying that Pope got lucky by making himself big.

Had that been de Gea or anyone else then it would never been a case of them getting lucky with that save!!
  • Leuth said:

I know where you are coming from , but if they were to be relegated, they would likely lose the likes of Benteke,Sakho,Zaha,Cabaye,Townsend - they are too good to be playin g in the champs.
    Yes they would but they would sign quality championship players to fill the gaps with the ridiculous parachute payments on offer.

I agree we could give them a game but they are light years ahead of us now.

• Scott Dann omg :D
  • Leuth said:

Scott Dann omg :D

Im gonna enjoy watching that back!!... Miss of the season and it was from a Palace player

There is a god!!
  • Well done young Nick. Ends a good weekend with Millwall and Palace losing.
  • Sponsored links:

• I actually forecast a 1-1 draw in the CL predictions league. But I can cope with not getting this score right!
  • Awe... pwoor Pwawassss!!
  • De Boer will be gone by November.
  • De Boer will be gone by November.

Might be gone by Monday!
  • Palace have got out of the excreta a couple of times in recent seasons by hiring those renowned escapologists, Tony Pullis and Big Sam. You can't cheat the odds forever and maybe their number is going to be up this season.

The immediate question now is whether De Boer steals Les Reed's crown as the shortest ever managerial reign in the Premier League. There appears to be a real smell of panic emanating from Selhurst Park.
  • Blucher said:

Palace have got out of the excreta a couple of times in recent seasons by hiring those renowned escapologists, Tony Pullis and Big Sam. You can't cheat the odds forever and maybe their number is going to be up this season.

The immediate question now is whether De Boer steals Les Reed's crown as the shortest ever managerial reign in the Premier League. There appears to be a real smell of panic emanating from Selhurst Park.

I imagine Les Reed will be very glad to lose that crown!