Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nish Kumar

Comments

• I absolutely love him on The Bugle. Not familiar with anything else of his.
  • Huh? Are we talking Nish Kumar, stand-up comedian with curly hair here? Any chance of some context?
  • I thought his first name was Nash?
  • This bloke seems to be on everything at the moment.

• I thought his first name was Nash?

It is. And his surname is Bridges.
  • aliwibble said:

Huh? Are we talking Nish Kumar, stand-up comedian with curly hair here? Any chance of some context?

I assume it might be something to do with the new series of Taskmaster, which starts next Wednesday. I think the first episode is available online, so I guess @iainment has watched it already. No spoilers though please!
  • aliwibble said:

Huh? Are we talking Nish Kumar, stand-up comedian with curly hair here? Any chance of some context?

I assume it might be something to do with the new series of Taskmaster, which starts next Wednesday. I think the first episode is available online, so I guess @iainment has watched it already. No spoilers though please!
    You're right. I'll say nothing more until it's aired on Dave.
  • Also a bread slicing genius.
  • iainment said:

aliwibble said:

Why not just start a Taskmaster thread, and talk about it once it's been on Dave, rather than a cryptic thread like this? That way people can actually discuss a brilliant programme.

Oh, and Nish Kumar is annoying, shouty, not very funny, and it's a shame he was picked for this series.
  • Sponsored links:

• iainment said:

aliwibble said:

Oh, and Nish Kumar is annoying, shouty, not very funny, and it's a shame he was picked for this series.
    The first time I've ever done it,but........This.

He is utter pony.

I loved the show but I'm not sure they have the right mix of participants this time round.
  • iainment said:

aliwibble said:

The first time I've ever done it,but........This.

He is utter pony.

I loved the show but I'm not sure they have the right mix of participants this time round.
    I like the women and Bob Mortimer.

Mark Watson is normally get but it's not the right sort of show for him.
  • iainment said:

aliwibble said:

Why not just start a Taskmaster thread, and talk about it once it's been on Dave, rather than a cryptic thread like this? That way people can actually discuss a brilliant programme.

I started a Nish Kumar thread because that's what I wanted. If you want a Taskmaster one it's over to you.
  • iainment said:

iainment said:

aliwibble said:

I started a Nish Kumar thread because that's what I wanted. If you want a Taskmaster one it's over to you.
    Meow.
  • iainment said:

iainment said:

aliwibble said:

Meow.
    Woof.
  • All hail the human GPS that is Nish.
  • iainment said:

aliwibble said:

Guess you forgot about this
  • edited October 2017
    I continue to not really understand this thread but I just saw that Nish Kumar had a stand up special that's on Netflix as part of the BBC Presents series. I'm hoping it's on Netflix in the states as well but I doubt it.
  • iainment said:

aliwibble said:

Guess you forgot about this
    Sorry.
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

I continue to not really understand this thread but I just saw that Nish Kumar had a stand up special that's on Netflix as part of the BBC Presents series. I'm hoping it's on Netflix in the states as well but I doubt it.

Don’t bother mate......he’s as funny as haemorrhoids
  • This is by far the weakest series of taskmaster in terms of participant. Bob Mortimer and Sally Philips are the only saving graces. Still been very funny though.

Nish Kumar is one of those comedians that feels shouting and emphasising each word makes a crappy joke funny, dreadful.

That equally dreadful Geordie and Rufus Hound will be making up the numbers next series.
  • SDAddick said:

I've only heard him on The Bugle but he's great with Andy Zaltzman (who I'm seeing on Saturday!!!)
  • SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

I've only heard him on The Bugle but he's great with Andy Zaltzman (who I'm seeing on Saturday!!!)
    He’s on the bugle?

No wonder he’s so loud and irritating
    Such a fucking awful joked that I literally LOLed at.
  • Really bland and unfunny comedian who has the originality of a fart. Ideal for a panel show..
  • edited October 2017
    His political satire stuff is very funny, although I'm sure far too left wing for some people. He's not so good at off the cuff funnies but I think he's been alright on this series of Task Master. Don't particularly think it's been any more or less funny than other series. Never knew Sally Phillips was quite so unhinged though.
  • Bob Mortimer is the star of the show this series, Sally Phillips has also been entertaining.

Bob's podcast is worth a listen - Athletico Mince, very very funny, some the stories/songs he makes up have me in tears.
  • Bob Mortimer is the star of the show this series, Sally Phillips has also been entertaining.

Bob's podcast is worth a listen - Athletico Mince, very very funny, some the stories/songs he makes up have me in tears.

I couldn't get into that, listened to a few but they delt so samey.
  • iainment said:

iainment said:

aliwibble said:

No it's OK. I've decided to talk about Taskmaster on this one.