Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Keeping up with your kids lingo

As you can tell by my use of the word lingo, I am probably not as up to date with what my kids are saying as I'd like to think I am. The Beeb have just posted this to test your knowledge of school slang

http://play.bbc.co.uk/play/pen/g7mc6qhdrx

Amazingly got 6 out of 10, pure guess work. I'd tell my kids but they'll just call me a sad git or whatever today's slang is

Comments

• 4/10.....and I have 3 kids aged between 10 & 14 - they must go to a nice school.
  • So stupid.
  • edited September 2017
    Good luck to them in a future Job Interview using language like this...
  • 6/10 Guessed most of them, kids are 17 & 12.
  • I have never, ever heard someone say "deep it". The more general "man, that's deep" or something - same sort of meaning, but you don't "deep it". The fuck is that?

Should've got more than 7/10. Bar my mini rant on "deep it", the only new ones on me were pagan (less obvious) and ops (more obvious and I should've known).

Calm.
  • 4/10 - guessed them all.

Phil, I sent you a PM .
  • 7/10, had only heard one of them before, Mandem but thats what my West Indian mate has been using for years.

My daughter knows full well that if she ever comes home talking bullsh*t like that, then there will be trouble.
  • Sponsored links:

• 7/10 through pure guesswork - have only actually heard a couple of these words being used.
  • deep it mon an vex me not
  • 6/10 all guesses though.
  • Didn't know that ops was enemy as in opponents?
  • 6/10 - bare guessing!

My friend's a school teacher and he often tells how he uses the kid's own slang to engage and bring them in line. Never heard him use any of those though.
  • 6/10 thank fuck innit
  • PaddyP17 said:

I have never, ever heard someone say "deep it". The more general "man, that's deep" or something - same sort of meaning, but you don't "deep it". The fuck is that?

Should've got more than 7/10. Bar my mini rant on "deep it", the only new ones on me were pagan (less obvious) and ops (more obvious and I should've known).

Calm.

6/10 The only one I knew was Peng, because you said Peng Munch (I believe).
  • 8/10 through guess-work.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thank god.......for a moment there I thought ops might have meant....old people suck!
  • 7 innit blud.
  • Good luck to them in a future Job Interview using language like this...

Obviously this doesn't seem to be applicable to McDonalds.
  • 10/10 but never heard of "deep it" and had to guess it.

I have a friend who talks like he's a gangster so I've heard almost all of them before and managed to read between the lines.
  • 8/10. Deep it and Ops got me. Always baffles me when I actually run into someone who uses this language, always seems like a parody.
  • Huskaris said:

10/10 but never heard of "deep it" and had to guess it.

I have a friend who talks like he's a gangster so I've heard almost all of them before and managed to read between the lines.

He doesn't talk like a gangster if he uses these.