Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Goodwood Revival

edited September 2014 in Not Sports Related
A bit of a long shot but I've got a spare general entry and startline grandstand ticket for the Revival next Saturday (13th)

Can also offer a lift down there, the downside being you have to sit next to me in a car designed over 50 years ago with no air con, stereo or much in the way of weather protection! Leaving Bexley at 05:30 too.

Despite it being sold out I'm not looking to make a profit, face value £115.

Comments

• Go for it somebody. This is a brilliant event for a petrol head.
  • Yeah, go for it. I don't have the time or I'd be up for it. Went to the Le Mans Classic and had a great time.
  • Strangely enough I had never heard of this event until last week when I was asked to supply quality Chamois Leathers for a company who will be attending. Obviously this is the place if you want to be ' in with the in crowd '.
  • I went a few years ago, it's done so well. Everyone dresses up in period costumes, they have actors, singers and then you have some of the most amazing classic cars.

Go!
  • yep if you are of a certain age its a fantastic event and do get dressed up ....i went a couple of years ago as a young George Cole type spiv ...you could just spend all your time in the car park looking at those classic/vintage cars
  • lolwray said:

yep if you are of a certain age its a fantastic event and do get dressed up ....i went a couple of years ago as a young George Cole type spiv ...you could just spend all your time in the car park looking at those classic/vintage cars

For the last couple of years I've only bought tickets for the Saturday. The classic car park pass covers all weekend and I spend Sunday walking around that. There's also loads of stands, attractions there too, including big screens showing the racing.
  • edited September 2014
    The car park, my fav plane and fav car of all time, Moss' car & someone starting young.

• edited September 2014
    With the car park picture this time

• If I wasn't sitting in a plane on my way to the US on that Saturday, I would be over there like flash!
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone else going this weekend?
  • It's that time of year again. Anyone going on here?
  • Would love to but spent a lot at the Wings and Wheels the weekend before last... Goodwood is definitely in consideration for next year.
  • Not going, but I understand that, at long last, they are using the Revival to do the public launch of the new TVR. There's even going to be the possibility of slapping down a deposit for one of the few remaining "launch editions" which will have carbon fibre chassis and body. So, not much weight for the 5 litre V8 to haul around....
  • Will miss Saturdays game, to be at Goodwood to see my 10 year old granddaughter taking over from Julia Bradbury as the female presenter for the kiddies pedal car race.  Will be plugged into Valley Pass for the commentary though.

• I’ll be there again on Saturday & Sunday. 
  • Will miss Saturdays game, to be at Goodwood to see my 10 year old granddaughter taking over from Julia Bradbury as the female presenter for the kiddies pedal car race.  Will be plugged into Valley Pass for the commentary though.

How did she get on? We had a great weekend, capped by my mate's son finishing a fantastic 4th in the St Mary's yesterday.
  • Wow that's some achievement. I would give my right arm to have driven round that track. I used to do marshalling at Brands Hatch and AC Cobra club races in the late 1960's at Lydden Hill.  The club racing in the 60's was something else, races were mixed classes like at Goodwood with Ford Anglias, Lotus Cortinas and minis racing alongside E Type Jags and Chevvies. My mate had a Ford Anglia and I had a mini and you could imagine yourself like you were inside the ones on the race track lifting the rear wheel going round on opposite lock through Paddock Bend.  Few years ago I did a Formula Ford day at Brands drifted it around Paddock but exceeded the "Elf and Safety" rev limits they gave us and got black flagged for going too fast round Paddock!!  Revival day is so nostalgic bringing back those memories.

Can see my granddaughter's piece about 90 minutes into the ITV show.  Let me know next year, my son in law is producer for the live TV production and gets contractor passes, free entry and gets you into the GRRC tent.  Gave some to his neighbour who didn't bother to go.  He does all the Goodwood events and global Formula E races so contact me if you are interested. 

• Wow that's some achievement. I would give my right arm to have driven round that track. I used to do marshalling at Brands Hatch and AC Cobra club races in the late 1960's at Lydden Hill.  The club racing in the 60's was something else, races were mixed classes like at Goodwood with Ford Anglias, Lotus Cortinas and minis racing alongside E Type Jags and Chevvies. My mate had a Ford Anglia and I had a mini and you could imagine yourself like you were inside the ones on the race track lifting the rear wheel going round on opposite lock through Paddock Bend.  Few years ago I did a Formula Ford day at Brands drifted it around Paddock but exceeded the "Elf and Safety" rev limits they gave us and got black flagged for going too fast round Paddock!!  Revival day is so nostalgic bringing back those memories.

Can see my granddaughter's piece about 90 minutes into the ITV show.  Let me know next year, my son in law is producer for the live TV production and gets contractor passes, free entry and gets you into the GRRC tent.  Gave some to his neighbour who didn't bother to go.  He does all the Goodwood events and global Formula E races so contact me if you are interested. 

Wow, I'd definitely be interested in that. Already booked the hotel for next year.

I watched the ITV programme when I got home last night, was she the kid with Julia Bradbury (Victoria?)

Can I bring my new friends:

• Sponsored links:

• You are so naughty, got any a bit older?
    Yes was Valentina.

• Great photos