Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Regan Charles-Cook Joins Woking on Loan

Comments

• edited September 2017
    Hahahhaha.

We'll have nobody at the training ground come Monday. Apart from Dodoo.
  • edited September 2017
    There's another one gone, another one gone.............take it away Freddie :wink:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE
  • Certainly good luck to him. I definitely think he's good enough to get a loan to a league club but I suspect he's been loaned out to a non-league side so that he can be recalled in case of emergency.
  • SDAddick said:

I don't know about anyone else, but with all this loaning out of good young players I'm starting to worry about our run to Checkatrade Cup glory.

Don't worry we've got Crofts.... oh wait
  • dizzee said:

SDAddick said:

I don't know about anyone else, but with all this loaning out of good young players I'm starting to worry about our run to Checkatrade Cup glory.

Don't worry we've got Crofts.... oh wait
    :(:(:(.

To be fair we do still have Maloney and Lapslie.
  • Would the last one to leave turn off the lights
  • I'm with Roland, footballers tend to be troublesome souls. If I owned a football club the first thing I'd do is get rid of them all...
  • This is becoming hilarious
  • We going to loan Kashi out next?
  • Sponsored links:

• We have Lapslie as well who I can see eventually breaking into the team.
  • Scoham said:

We have Lapslie as well who I can see eventually breaking into the team.

Agreed and I think he's at a stage in his career, being a couple years younger, where just being around the first team, training with them, and playing in the Checkatrade Cup and perhaps occasionally making the bench is good for his development. RCC has sort of had that on and off for the last couple years. By all accounts he was very good in his last loan spell and he needs to be playing regularly.
  • I know that the Loan Window that Football League clubs had now doesnt exist...

I also know that Non-League clubs are still allowed to loan our players outside of the transfer window yet does it have to be either till January or for the entire season that a player is loaned out to one of these clubs or can one month deals etc. still be done?
  • I know the plan with Regan was not for him to drop back into non-league (he did that last year), that if he wasn't establishing ourselves in our 18, then to get a League 2 gig and get some game time in.

So I suspect there is a bit of frustration with this
  • I know that the Loan Window that Football League clubs had now doesnt exist...

I also know that Non-League clubs are still allowed to loan our players outside of the transfer window yet does it have to be either till January or for the entire season that a player is loaned out to one of these clubs or can one month deals etc. still be done?

One month deals can still be done. We did it with Beeney.
  • edited September 2017

I know the plan with Regan was not for him to drop back into non-league (he did that last year), that if he wasn't establishing ourselves in our 18, then to get a League 2 gig and get some game time in.

So I suspect there is a bit of frustration with this

Interesting. Given he wasn't initially brought to Ireland for preseason it seems to me he's ended up further up the pecking order than anticipated. It's sort of a catch-22 because I suspect that has prevented him from getting a loan to a league club, instead going to the National League so he can potentially be recalled if needed.
  • I now feel fully justified in not purchasing a season ticket for this year. Get a few bad injuries and we'll be back down the bottom, same as we was last year #RolandOut
  • edited September 2017
    This rush to trim the budgets all around suggests to me that revenues are depleted way below what the regime dared expect.
    I think the halving of season ticket sales and decimation of after-spend is coming home to roost.
    The apologists and ostriches can look forward to even fewer than 14 chips per portion henceforth.
    roly neither knows nor cares one iota about the business of football but he didn't get that wealthy by blowing a million a month on projects with no prospect of turning them around, if he's not speculating to accumulate then perhaps he's tidying up the figures ready for a divestment. Dare we hope?
  • Good luck to him, had hoed he would get a league,club move and surprised he did not. When does his contract run out?
  • Sponsored links:

• This rush to trim the budgets all around suggests to me that revenues are depleted way below what the regime dared expect.
    I think the halving of season ticket sales and decimation of after-spend is coming home to roost.
    The apologists and ostriches can look forward to even fewer than 14 chips per portion henceforth.
    roly neither knows nor cares one iota about the business of football but he didn't get that wealthy by blowing a million a month on projects with no prospect of turning them around, if he's not speculating to accumulate then perhaps he's tidying up the figures ready for a divestment. Dare we hope?

He who dares, Rodders !
  • edited November 2017
    Good eye for goal that lad....
  • For a player i always assumed was a more defensive minded midfielder he has got 10 goals in 28 games out on loan.. hopefully we can bring him back in Jan and he can break into ourfirst team.
  • I have been championing this lad for a couple of years now. He is an attacking midfield player who has a lot of energy. He is also one of those players who seems to run quicker with the ball than without it.

To me he was ahead of Aribo for replacing Crofts last season and has suffered since in respect of first team appearances. He also has a great attitude and appears to be a very popular person in the U23 squad. I really hope we persevere with him, but fear the continued rise of Taylor Maloney may lead to him leaving at the end of the season, especially if we go up.

• SDAddick said:

I maintain that I think he's got a lot of talent and should be considered one of our best prospects. I know they're different types of players, but come January I'd like him to be back with us and KAG on loan. I think he really has something about him and he seems to be doing really good things in a more attacking role for Woking.

Agree with this, but i'd have KAG contract terminated.
  • I have been championing this lad for a couple of years now. He is an attacking midfield player who has a lot of energy. He is also one of those players who seems to run quicker with the ball than without it.

To me he was ahead of Aribo for replacing Crofts last season and has suffered since in respect of first team appearances. He also has a great attitude and appears to be a very popular person in the U23 squad. I really hope we persevere with him, but fear the continued rise of Taylor Maloney may lead to him leaving at the end of the season, especially if we go up.

Isn't RCC still tied down with a decent contract? Either way, he deserves the chance to fight for a first team spot in January surely?

Isn't RCC still tied down with a decent contract? Either way, he deserves the chance to fight for a first team spot in January surely?
    Looking back he signed a "long term" contract in December 2015.

I'd imagine he has a contract until at least 2019 but it could be until 2018, maybe with an optional year.