Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Arnie PPI Ad

Sorry , am I hallucinating what i just witnessed on the telly, must have been thought up in some drug fuelled den!

Comments

• edited August 2017
    Yep, it was not just you. Now that is what the term "What the feck?" was invented for...
  • Haven't seen it, but I've been hearing radio adverts with Michael Owen advertising for an injury claims company saying "he knows what it's like to be injured."

It's all about the money.
  • The FCA said today that not enough people had claimed what is owed to them & is stepping up the campaign the get redress.

how the feck do they know how many people had PPI ??? I continuously get phone calls saying that I need to claim & I keep telling the twats that I never took it out (as a financial advisor of 25+ years I know what I'm talking about). Finally I broke & get a firm to look into for me. I listed my 10 previous addresses & the 15 financial institutions I've ever had credit with..........

Saturday I got the first (of many) letters back from them saying that Halifax / Bank of Scotland Grp have told them I had none.........and that they will let me know when the other companies reply.

I'm not holding my breath for any monies back but ay least I'm keeping someone employed chasing them all up !!
  • Sorry , am I hallucinating what i just witnessed on the telly, must have been thought up in some drug fuelled den!

Both me and the wife just turned to each other and said if we had just dreamed that. unbelievably awful.
  • The FCA said today that not enough people had claimed what is owed to them & is stepping up the campaign the get redress.

how the feck do they know how many people had PPI ??? I continuously get phone calls saying that I need to claim & I keep telling the twats that I never took it out (as a financial advisor of 25+ years I know what I'm talking about). Finally I broke & get a firm to look into for me. I listed my 10 previous addresses & the 15 financial institutions I've ever had credit with..........

Saturday I got the first (of many) letters back from them saying that Halifax / Bank of Scotland Grp have told them I had none.........and that they will let me know when the other companies reply.

I'm not holding my breath for any monies back but ay least I'm keeping someone employed chasing them all up !!

That's not true. The FCA said that if there is to be a hard stop deadline for complaints about missold PPI then there needs to be a campaign of awareness of the issue leading up to the deadline to give those who haven't complained (but have a right to do) so their final warnings on the deadline.

The FCA receive significant data reports from all of the large firms it regulates which includes the number of customers, number of policyholders etc. So will have an idea of the number of PPI policies sold over the last 20+ years - not to mention all the major redress schemes have been under formal s166 investigations which would investigate the total population of policies.

The calls you/everyone receives are from independent claims management companies who will invest the time in tracking down PPI policies for whoever they can convince to let them try for a substantial cut of the redress. These calls are not linked to the FCA, however they are using the FCAs deadline as a sales tactic to get more people to complain through them as a matter of urgency.

I haven't yet claimed agaonst ppi. But I don't know if my several historic credit cards, loans or mortgages had it. If they did I certainly didn't ask for it. I'm gonna claim through Resolver and see what happens.
  • It's been on the TV for about 24 hours and I already know I'm going to despise it within a week.
  • Must admit in a previous life of highly paid IT work, we had the sort of living where we borrowed, paid back, balance transferred, re-mortgaged all over the shop over 15 years...

In 2012 I was out of work and ill more than not. I claimed back roughly £14, 000 in total from various cards, bank a/c's, most i had forgotten about tbh. I was ltd so not technically self employed but still gave it a go. Had a firm do the work for me, for which they took a slice. Being the sort of fella that now files everything, i have kept the paperwork because i am convinced that one day, some govt will let you claim on the bastards who charged 20% to chase peoples PPI claims...
  • So where does Arnie Warren fit into all this?
  • Huskaris said:

Haven't seen it, but I've been hearing radio adverts with Michael Owen advertising for an injury claims company saying "he knows what it's like to be injured."

Was supposed to be Darren Anderton, but he was sick so Owen stepped in.
  • Sponsored links:

• masicat said:

Huskaris said:

Haven't seen it, but I've been hearing radio adverts with Michael Owen advertising for an injury claims company saying "he knows what it's like to be injured."

Was supposed to be Darren Anderton, but he was sick so Owen stepped in.
    I heard they were thinking of Andy Delort but he couldnt find his way to the studio.
  • I heard it was Dale Stephens but the studio was in the south
  • Huskaris said:

Sums up Michael Owen's personality for me, absolutely no substance to him whatsoever
  • Worst advert since that go compare bollocks
  • Just seen the Arnie advert.

The accent is shite, the robots likeness us shite. The advert is shite.
  • Never had a loan, never had an overdraft I did not pay off at the end of the month. Don't think this is for me! That said, I think the Banks get a bad deal / press about a lot of things unfairly but not this. On this they ripped people off for years and if you have a chance to claim you really should do.
  • If I was Arnie, I would be strapping on the ammo belts, picking up the bazooka, and locking and loading, on the way to the advertisers responsible for this ad, Hasta La Vista Baby!
  • Halix said:

If I was Arnie, I would be strapping on the ammo belts, picking up the bazooka, and locking and loading, on the way to the advertisers responsible for this ad, Hasta La Vista Baby!

You mean that isn't his voice?!
  • You don't need any outside, very expensive help. Visit FCA site, follow instructions, download forms and complete as instructed.
    As a volunteer advisor I have helped clients recover approx £50K on PPI claims.

If FCA had real teeth they would make Banks etc contact their customers, enclosing a cheque and letter of apology. They committed the fraud, have been found out and should put things right. What will happen is that billions of pounds will not be claimed for one reason or another and the Banks will still end up with dirty money.

And why has nobody gone to prison yet?