Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pigs saved by firefighters...

....then eaten by the same firefighters.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-41012135

Doubt they'll be much opinion on this.

*Runs away*

Comments

• The "piglets" were fattened up for 6 months after the fire before being slaughtered and served as sausages.

Nothing wrong with that, that is the business the farmer was in, not keeping them as pets.

Yum, yum.
  • As a part time fire-fighter and a meat eating philistine that story makes me smile.
  • cfgs said:

As a part time fire-fighter and a meat eating philistine that story makes me smile.

Also I think the pigs would prefer the living longer and then dieing in s slightly better fashion than in a fire.
  • edited August 2017
    The pigs had a nice life running freely, playing and and enjoying the countryside rather than being burned alive.

Well done to the firefighters for their bravery and heroism and well done to the farmer for showing her gratitude.

A wonderful story that has really cheered me up.
  • Curb_It said:

The pigs had a nice life running freely, playing and and enjoying the countryside rather than being burned alive.

Well done to the firefighters for their bravery and heroism and well done to the farmer for showing his gratitude.

Sexist pig...

"In a controversial move, farm manager Rachel Rivers thanked the Pewsey fire team by giving them sausages.

She said: "I'm sure vegetarians will hate this." The firefighters however said the bangers were "fantastic". "

My most humble apologies. I meant her (blush) and have now edited my post.
  • edited August 2017
    Curb_It said:

Well done to the firefighters for their bravery and heroism and well done to the farmer for showing his gratitude.

Sexist pig...

"In a controversial move, farm manager Rachel Rivers thanked the Pewsey fire team by giving them sausages.

She said: "I'm sure vegetarians will hate this." The firefighters however said the bangers were "fantastic". "

I have heard about these "women" that want to give men their sausage, mainly from people that have travelled to Thailand.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good to see animal murderers PETA wound up by it. Also looks like the firefighters have had to take down photos after being bombarded by hate from anti-meat eaters.
  • edited August 2017
    Fiiish said:

Good to see animal murderers PETA wound up by it. Also looks like the firefighters have had to take down photos after being bombarded by hate from anti-meat eaters.

I really don't get this?

The pigs got to live another 6 months, that's like 65 years to a slaughterhouse pig, they know no difference... I'm sure they'd have loved to instead have been killed by searing hot flames excruciatingly melting off their skin.

(edit - not having a go at fiiish)
  • Curb_It said:

Sexist pig...

At least the Firefighters complemented her on her knockers!
    That made me laugh out very loudly on the train - thank you - made my day
  • edited August 2017
    They should have offered them to the patients at Ludlow Hospital....
  • Years ago when I was still a firefighter we put out a fire at a greyhound training centre.
    We saved about 20 dogs and none died.
    As we were leaving we said to the trainer have you got a good tip for us,He said yes and gave us the name of a dog that was running about 5 days later.
    So we all backed this dog along with all the people that we told only for the fucking thing to come 5th out of six.
    Thinking back I would rather have a pack of sausages

What did it taste like?
  • Sponsored links:

• Hot dogs
  • FFS people!!!

Remember if the good Lord did not want us to eat meat then he would not have invented bacon, sausages or beefburgers...
  • How has it taken this long?
    ...out of the fire into the frying pan...
    What's a cliche backwards?
  • How has it taken this long?
    ...out of the fire into the frying pan...
    What's a cliche backwards?

ehcilc a