Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Best

Didn't realise it was released 30 years ago, off to see the Weddoes play the full album in Brighton on 18 Aug, any other lifers going? It's still in my top 5 albums of all time

Comments

• Can't believe they're still going. It's basically David Gedge and backing band these days I think.
    I saw them at Tunbridge Wells about 15 years ago and it was a little bit sad tbh.
  • Uboat said:

Can't believe they're still going. It's basically David Gedge and backing band these days I think.
    I saw them at Tunbridge Wells about 15 years ago and it was a little bit sad tbh.

I was probably at that gig seen them numerous times at the Forum, I know what you mean about it being a bit sad it will be good to see them at a better venue though
  • One word to describe last night.

Gedgendary
  • First day them at Subterranea (probably the Bizzaro tour).
    The Popguns supported last night didn't they? (prob my fav band ever and initially had Shaun Charman as the drummer when he left The
    Weddoes).
    Would have love to have gone last night but only just been down to Brighton to see The Popguns.
  • First day them at Subterranea (probably the Bizzaro tour).
    The Popguns supported last night didn't they? (prob my fav band ever and initially had Shaun Charman as the drummer when he left The
    Weddoes).
    Would have love to have gone last night but only just been down to Brighton to see The Popguns.

I think the Popguns are on tonight supporting them, it was the Membranes as support last night, punk band I hadn't seen them before they were pretty good
  • Ah, it's the other way round. Couldn't remember the nights!
  • The Popguns are still going too?! Loved seeing them at various funny little venues in Kent and Sussex.
  • Yeah, two new albums in the past 4 years. A lot greyer but Wendy still has a great voice and the new stuff is pretty good as well (Gideon Coe on 6 sometimes plays their stuff).

Likewise, seen them 30odd times and on occasions in true 90s fashion a coach from elsewhere would turn up in the middle of Kent with loads of gig goers on!

Playing 16th September in London at
    The Islington
    1 Tolpuddle Street
    N1 0XT
  • Lovely stuff. Tickets bought for the wife and I. I first met her at a House of Love gig in Tonbridge in 1989 so it will be just like old times.
    See you there maybe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Tonight hasn't sold out apparently
  • Wedding Present are playing at the Forum Tunbridge Wells on 2nd February as part of the Forums 25th anniversary. Great venue if you haven't been. My ticket is already secured!
  • I've seen them on Sunday in Muenster on their 30th anniversary of George Best tour. It was a fantastic evening. After some songs from different albums they played the full George Best album in the exact order.
    After the gig I got a cd singned by David Gedge. I hope to see them again.
  • I went to see them in 1990 in Brighton. I went with a friend that was a fan, me not so much. It was a cracking night though.
  • Uboat said:

Lovely stuff. Tickets bought for the wife and I. I first met her at a House of Love gig in Tonbridge in 1989 so it will be just like old times.
    See you there maybe.

Did she have nice shoes?? :wink:

Seriously...didn't realise they were still touring. Will have to have a listen again later.
  • edited March 2018
    Some good gig footage on youtube from the recent gig at the forum in TWells, including a cover of Pavement's Box Elder MO, all posted by seajohnster. Hope you enjoy