Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tony Watt - Waste of a Talent

Comments

• se9addick said:

Feel sorry for glass collectors, getting slaughtered on this thread.

I know you're joking and it's not a bad job for someone that wants a few quid working in a bar, which I did, on and off, for many years, but compared to a millionaire footballer, that scored against Barcelona, didn't you know, it's a bit of a come down.
    To be clear - Tony Watt isn't actually collecting glasses in a pub, in fact he's probably earning more money now than when he scored that goal against Barcelona !
  • total waste of space

he'll never do anything in the game apart from drift along

Agree. Personally don't see him playing professional football in 5 years.
    Being very generous there. There's a danger he'll be looking for something else to do long before that.
    Could well be Jon.
  • Tony Watt has so much talent. I know because I've seen it. What he did today in the short time he was on the pitch tells me he has big problems with the mental side to his game.

He's not got what it takes for reasons I don't understand or know about. I wish him well but he's not going to be a footballer.

Taxi driving in five years.
    Tony has been earning £5k a week ? for what ? Four years ? That's well over a million pounds. I doubt he'll be driving a taxi any time soon.

• What a shame. I was hoping he'd develop into a Rodney Marsh/Stan Bowles/Eric Cantana/Paolo De Canio type player for us.

IMO players are not allowed to show personality in the modern game - much the same as any workplace nowadays. Conformity and output is the thing, often regardless of quality and innovation.

I wished there was a place for an individual who thinks and acts a bit differently. One with the ability to entertain and the skills to turn a match. I think the nucleus is there somewhere in Tony Watt ... but so it seems is that demon perched on his shoulder.

• Watt should be asking himself quite how and why he has ended up playing in the Belgian 2nd tier.

A rather similar story to John Bostock who now plies his trade in the French 2nd Division but he, at least, found God along the way. As the well worn joke goes, that must have been one hell of a pass - and one that might give Watt some belief in something, if not himself.
  • cafc4life said:

Seen Picture on Facebook just now of him in the white Leuven shirt .

I wonder who he'll be playing for next season in January.
  • My guess is this Belgum lot will be sending him back after 2months. Sorry to say Watt seems to not have any kind of work ethic, and even talented players have to have that in them as well, and he is not that talented.
  • msomerton said:

My guess is this Belgum lot will be sending him back after 2months. Sorry to say Watt seems to not have any kind of work ethic, and even talented players have to have that in them as well, and he is not that talented.

Send him back where? We have 'sold' him.
  • I thought it was a season long loan only.
  • Sponsored links:

• msomerton said:

I thought it was a season long loan only.

Nope, gone.
  • msomerton said:

KR has already put a "no refunds" sign on the gates of Sparrows Lane!
  • Had many a chance to show everyone what he WAS capable of but quite simply didn't for whatever reason/reasons.
    He had to go......end of.
  • se9addick said:

msomerton said:

KR has already put a "no refunds" sign on the gates of Sparrows Lane!
    Caveat emptor

• Tony Watt has so much talent. I know because I've seen it. What he did today in the short time he was on the pitch tells me he has big problems with the mental side to his game.

He's not got what it takes for reasons I don't understand or know about. I wish him well but he's not going to be a footballer.

Tony has been earning £5k a week ? for what ? Four years ? That's well over a million pounds. I doubt he'll be driving a taxi any time soon.

Is there not a possibility he could eventually squander the money?
  • The daily star reported today that watt went for £250,000

It's happened to others Shooters and will happen again I can assure you.

• TW's new team OH Leuven beat Jose Riga's Cercle Brugge 7-1. Tone played the whole match but was not amongst the scorers. A bizarre result - Cercle are still 2nd, with 6 points from 3 games, with OHL 3rd.
  • Blimey! I wonder if his opponent was sent off?
  • Sponsored links:

• I haven't seen the full match details yet - the video shows 51' and Cercle did go down to 10 but not until 71' for a second yellow.
  • How is he doing in Belgium?
  • How is he doing in Belgium?

He scored one goal in his first three games and since then he has either been on the bench or injured.

All pretty consistent with his record over the last three years.
  • edited October 2017
    Can the title be updated to "Tony - Watt a waste of talent"

@i_b_b_o_r_g or your underling @cabbles

• Two nights ago OHL had a superb 3-0 away win at Cercle Bruges (sorry Jose!). During the evening TW was doing his usual films/games/etc stuff. Was he not at the game, even if just a spectator ? His Twitter location still shows London - so how much time does he actually spend in Belgium ? Sgt Major Pearson will be wanting a word ....

• Two nights ago OHL had a superb 3-0 away win at Cercle Bruges (sorry Jose!). During the evening TW was doing his usual films/games/etc stuff. Was he not at the game, even if just a spectator ? His Twitter location still shows London - so how much time does he actually spend in Belgium ? Sgt Major Pearson will be wanting a word ....

He's broken his toe
  • edited October 2017

Two nights ago OHL had a superb 3-0 away win at Cercle Bruges (sorry Jose!). During the evening TW was doing his usual films/games/etc stuff. Was he not at the game, even if just a spectator ? His Twitter location still shows London - so how much time does he actually spend in Belgium ? Sgt Major Pearson will be wanting a word ....

He's broken his toe
    Did he stub it on his playstation?
  • DRAddick said:

Two nights ago OHL had a superb 3-0 away win at Cercle Bruges (sorry Jose!). During the evening TW was doing his usual films/games/etc stuff. Was he not at the game, even if just a spectator ? His Twitter location still shows London - so how much time does he actually spend in Belgium ? Sgt Major Pearson will be wanting a word ....

He's broken his toe
    Did he stub it on his playstation?
    No he dropped a can of Tennants on it