Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

US Terrorist Attack: Car Runs Into Crowd of Counter-Protestors at White Supramecist Rally

edited August 2017 in Not Sports Related
This is not something I say lightly: This is truly a dark day in America.

One Dead, 19 injured so far.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/fights-in-advance-of-saturday-protest-in-charlottesville/2017/08/12/155fb636-7f13-11e7-83c7-5bd5460f0d7e_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_no-name:homepage/story&utm_term=.a9b7c5da8610

A group of Neo-Nazis, white supremacists, Confederate sympathizers, basically the "Alt-Right" had a rally today to try to save a statue of General Robert E. Lee that the university town of Charlottesville had decided to remove. It also served as a "Unite The Right" rally to "Take America Back Again."

So far, the President has condemned all sides and did not mention white nationalism or the alt-right.

Looking forward to the outpouring of people saying "White Europeans need to work to reform their community after such terrorism."

Update: The President has put out a video condemning bigotry "On Many Sides." Still no mention of White Nationalism or the Alt-Right.

Comments

• Close this fucking thread now
  • It was clear that you were referring to Islamic terrorism, that's why you mentioned 'reforming communities'. That was your main point, and that's what I called you out on. This is what you said:

'Looking forward to the outpouring of people saying "White Europeans need to work to reform their community after such terrorism'

Did you miss the condemnation at the beginning of my post, or has your outrage made you unable to read as well as forgetful about what you put into yours?

So you have cited another example. Once again, a terrible business. You have now quoted examples that brings us up to a total of three people. No doubt, there are more examples and I am not downplaying the crimes or their hateful perpetrators. However, do you think that the total killed in these attacks will be anywhere close to the equivalent figure for Islamic terrorism, or orders of magnitude higher? Literally the first result on Google yielded this:

https://storymaps.esri.com/stories/terrorist-attacks/?year=2017

As far as Islamist terror goes. We're on around 5000 odd, so far this year, as a ballpark figure. I thus refer you to my original point.

Should Trump condemn this attack? Absolutely and unequivocally and I agree that it would be hypocritical for him to ignore it. However, I stand by the point that I made.

Thanks for your opinions. A confession: I am a scientist by trade. I love nothing more than a robust discussion, exchange of views etc., but having had to put up with pointless conversations with the likes of homeopaths, climate change deniers (yes, I am aware where Trump stands on this and it is one of the reasons that I think the man is an arse) and even 'chemtrail' proponents (don't ask), for my own sanity I decided to take the advice of a certain Richard Dawkins in order to preserve my sanity and now observe a set of rules when exchanging views with other people that means that I won't waste my time with people who are unable to be reasonable and who are intellectually dishonest . Your post above, where you backpedalled on the point that you made about demands for communities to address their issues indicates that I am wasting my time attempting to engage your points because you are not prepared to be honest with me - which is a bit strange given that your post is there in black and white, but there you go.

So, I will wish you goodnight - it's a Saturday night and I'm supposed to be somewhere else and I'm going to remedy that now.
  • Why is the statue of Robert E Lee being removed?
  • Let it go, SD. This bloke has got form.
  • edited August 2017
    Addickted said:

Why is the statue of Robert E Lee being removed?

Because he represents the slavery and the racism that blighted the early years of the United States. It is rediculous that there are still statutes commemorating confederate leaders in US cities.
  • Addickted said:

Why is the statue of Robert E Lee being removed?

It is being moved to a museum.
  • Trump refuses to condemn the murder. Driving a car at speed into a crowd is murder. Trump sends lots of tweets but only tweeted one after the event in general terms. He has always declined to criticise the Alt Right / KKK.

Note, whatever, people think of General Lee, Charlottesville is a 90% Democratic voting town & if they want to take a statue down, then surely they can.
  • Sponsored links:

• Close this fucking thread now

Don't open it if it upsets you!
  • vff said:

Trump refuses to condemn the murder. Driving a car at speed into a crowd is murder. Trump sends lots of tweets but only tweeted one after the event in general terms. He has always declined to criticise the Alt Right / KKK.

Note, whatever, people think of General Lee, Charlottesville is a 90% Democratic voting town & if they want to take a statue down, then surely they can.

how can you hate on some one who condemns violence from all sides? Corbyn Trump is saint.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!