Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Agony and the Ecstasy - TV Programme on Rave Culture in the 80s

https://www.facebook.com/The-Agony-The-Ecstasy-1517678771632191/

My cousin, Debby Lee, who ran a lot of rave clubs has made a TV programme to be aired on from Friday 11th August on Sky Arts.

Comments

• Cheers looks good.
  • Good title.
  • First of three episodes on tonight Sky Arts 9.00 PM
  • Set to record.
  • Cheers Henners.
  • I'm curating a exhibition called 'The acid house' at Aria Islington that opens October 3rd. All artists will be submitting there own interpretations of the acid smiley.
  • I'll be all over this henners if you promise there's footage of you chewing your face off......
  • cabbles said:

I'll be all over this henners if you promise there's footage of you chewing your face off......

Debs used to run Bagley's in Kings Cross and one of the my other cousins ran the door so of course I was on the guest list but Rave wasn't my scene. I stayed at home with my Beatles and my Stones, never got off on that MDMA stuff.
  • cabbles said:

I'll be all over this henners if you promise there's footage of you chewing your face off......

Debs used to run Bagley's in Kings Cross and one of the my other cousins ran the door so of course I was on the guest list but Rave wasn't my scene. I stayed at home with my Beatles and my Stones, never got off on that MDMA stuff.
    What about when you stayed at home listening to Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. LSD, acid maybe??
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

So you never got it off on that revolution stuff?
  • stonemuse said:

cabbles said:

So you never got it off on that revolution stuff?
    No, that's why I'm not in CARD
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

What about when you stayed at home listening to Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. LSD, acid maybe??
    Ask @stonemuse to explain the reference for you.

It more like the Jam and the Clash actually.

Did anyone watch the show?
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Taped it, intend to watch all three in one session.
  • stonemuse said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

All-nighter?
  • stonemuse said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

All-nighter?
    Too right man.
  • stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

All-nighter?
    Too right man.
    Safe
  • stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

All-nighter?
    Too right man.
    Safe
    Def
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Just watched it. Really enjoyed it.

It's what I would have been involved in if I wasn't such a boring teenager.

• I just watched it myself. very good. was too young for all that but i was brought up on most of the music as my older brother lived through all of it. told me plenty of stories of the raves he went to back then. (well at least the ones he can remember) have to let him know to get it on catch up.
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

I first went to bagleys as a 15 yr old in 90 was a regular there for about 3 years 2 doves tucked inbetween me toes and in I went loved the place

went to some mental crazy free raves in random places mainly on the coast and ended up in many a random flat
  • I'll tell Debby
  • Just watched this, was a cracking programme, look forward to the next episodes. Proper musical soundtrack to my youth, and still very much part of my life to this day. Great stuff.
  • Yeah just watched.

So many snippets of quality tunes.

Felt like jumping in a Ford Fiesta XR2i and driving to Fleet Service Station in a convoy
  • @Henry Irving finally got round to watching all four episodes last night - terrific stuff, thanks for the recommendation