Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Raising Funeral Costs

I came across this on Facebook and am guessing by the photo he is a Charlton fan. I'm going to leave this here just in case anyone would like to help out.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/roy-manning?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=socpledgedesktop&utm_content=roy-manning&utm_campaign=post-pledge-desktop&utm_term=VmZ3XxnD6

Comments

• Where are they bringing him home from?
  • I am all for helping out but a trend seems to forming here. These are springing up all over the show.

As cafcdave says where are they bringing him home from and if you die abroad don't the home office get involved and assist with this sort of thing?
  • If people are feeling generous, I think someone posted up on Into the Valley with a pretty horrible story aswell. I recently came on for help and received three really generous donations for a friend. I will make a donation to both when I get paid next week as I cannot thank the forum enough for what help they provided to me in the past.
  • I've just donated a fiver. Not much but seems genuine etc and will always do what I can for a fellow addick. Thanks for sharing
  • I am all for helping out but a trend seems to forming here. These are springing up all over the show.

As cafcdave says where are they bringing him home from and if you die abroad don't the home office get involved and assist with this sort of thing?

No help with the costs - they will get the coffin booked onto a flight, but that's about it.
  • I hope they manage to bring him home but from where? If he was on holiday then wouldn't travel insurance cover this? If he's been livingiven abroad then this was an eventuality they could have forseen and planned for. I'm sorry for there loss but this is becoming all too common place.
  • It says they want to bring him home from the funeral directors, the day before the funeral.
  • edited August 2017

I hope they manage to bring him home but from where? If he was on holiday then wouldn't travel insurance cover this? If he's been livingiven abroad then this was an eventuality they could have forseen and planned for. I'm sorry for there loss but this is becoming all too common place.

It's not always that simple, I certainly have no contingency planned if I should keel over one day!

I also remember a story of an American bloke that died over here, his employer didn't exactly rush to tell his family back home, when they finally told the family they had about a week to raise $20k to get his body back, before the state destroyed it.

EDIT: Just seen they just want to bring him home for the night, not the same thing at all.
  • I have told my wife that I want to be disposed of as cheaply as possible -why spend money on me that I won't enjoy? The minute you die, you are gone, apart that is, from the part of you that lives on in the memories of others. When my dad died, I wish we had bought him the cheapest coffin we could. There is a pressure on you not to that. Not because I didn't love him dearly, he was my hero - but because that is the coffin he would have chosen.
  • I'm going in the back of a dust cart
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:

I'm going in the back of a dust cart

General rubbish, recycling or garden waste?
  • clb74 said:

I'm going in the back of a dust cart

General rubbish, recycling or garden waste?
    Won t matter to me
  • Oh dear other family members now onboard and are unhappy with what's going on. One for the argument alert !