Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Holiday Drama/opinions please?

Comments

• where is the holiday ?
    when you going ?

presume the amendment fee is just for the name on the airline ticket ?
  • MrOneLung said:

where is the holiday ?
    when you going ?

presume the amendment fee is just for the name on the airline ticket ?

Kavos, dirty one. My 30th the 2nd day there! looking forward to it, much needed been a shit year lol

Week Sunday i go, yes the amendment charge was to change flight details and person on the holiday
  • Hmm, sorry I think I disagree with most on here.

If mate 1 has paid and then decided he isn't going, its not up to anyone but him what happens to that place. Mate 2 is taking the p*ss if he thinks he can take his place on the cheap.
    If I was mate 2, I would be offering the cost of the place less the cancellation/change name fee.

@AFKABartram - mate 2 sounds like he's in a similar situation to one of our old friends, who would do any dare for a few drinks in Gran Canaria!
  • Just tell them that you couldn't give 2 fucks as it's got nothing to do with you and that they should just sort it out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Curb_It said:

@SurvivaloftheFittest And what happened?

I wish there was a more interesting end to it but it's as simple as the guy didn't choose and everyone bar one person voted for option 4. It was a bit awkward the next time we met up but after that it was fine.

Incidentally the guy that dropped out met a girl on line in Norfolk and 2 month later moved in with her and despite best efforts, we're lucky if we hear from him twice a year.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Hmm, sorry I think I disagree with most on here.

If mate 1 has paid and then decided he isn't going, its not up to anyone but him what happens to that place. Mate 2 is taking the p*ss if he thinks he can take his place on the cheap.
    If I was mate 2, I would be offering the cost of the place less the cancellation/change name fee.

@AFKABartram - mate 2 sounds like he's in a similar situation to one of our old friends, who would do any dare for a few drinks in Gran Canaria!

I can now see why your a Spud.........totally upside down logic. Mate1 booked a holiday & now doesn't want to go. Its too late to get a refund so he's lost his money - pure & simple. Mate 2 isn't taking money off anyone. In fact, he's helping out the other mates who are already going & had faced being a man down on the holiday. All mate 2 has to do is pay for the admin fee to change the ticket. If mate 1 has a problem with it then he can still go - but he doesn't - so he has no leg to stand on (ala Dudley Moore)
    Hmmmm, still not convinced but yes, my logic is usually upside down :)
  • I'm in the "split the difference" camp. Work out the cost of the holiday plus the admin fee to change the name on the booking, and they each pay half of that. So Mr Replacement pays the admin fee to the holiday company and pays Mr Flaky half of (the booking cost minus the admin fee). So Mr Replacement still gets a cheap holiday, and Mr Flaky gets some money back and doesn't feel like he's paying for Mr Replacement to have fun with his mates.
  • @SurvivaloftheFittest

Sounds like exact same to me, we did set up group message to sort this out but not as well as the email you have put.

At present noone has actually said much today on it, we have a seperate group us 4 now going. We just left it one of the mutual friends who wasn't going said his thoughts and i responded .

If mate 2's passport comes in time which its expected too, we are just going to go and any follow up is what it is. I will half mention to mate 2 that it might be worth giving him something just out of courtesy really when he can, but it is silly to fall out over one holiday/ £365.

Mate 1, the way he reacted has made us all question our friendship generally. But will give the benefit of the doubt he isn't in a good place at present and we are all very supportive and try to help in whichever way we can. Still what we feel is right is not what he does, not much we can do really.

Silly drama when all i want to be doing is counting down my holiday and planning what a mess i am going to be :wink:
  • aliwibble said:

I'm in the "split the difference" camp. Work out the cost of the holiday plus the admin fee to change the name on the booking, and they each pay half of that. So Mr Replacement pays the admin fee to the holiday company and pays Mr Flaky half of (the booking cost minus the admin fee). So Mr Replacement still gets a cheap holiday, and Mr Flaky gets some money back and doesn't feel like he's paying for Mr Replacement to have fun with his mates.

Sound logic really, cant argue with that or anything towards the holiday. Just not my place its the other mate really who could do the 'right thing' loosely as i feel he shouldn't need to but as a mate would be a good gesture and a better way.

@JohnBoyUK again valid option still, the biggest problem is neither party agrees and i dont feel a compromise is going to happen. Even if it did and Mate 2 paid some 'compensation' as goodwill it would still all leave a sour taste.

Technically i dont need to be involved really but i am always very upfront so hence why i am trying to help and not sugar coat anything.
  • any transfer rumours ??? :smile:

haha joker, i actually stopped opening that thread. only from around 2 weeks ago still 900 + unread :O
  • I'm sure Kin Jung Un and Donald Trump could sort this one out.
  • Sponsored links:

• This might help or confuse Mate 1 and Mate 2

Three friends have a nice meal together, and the bill is £25
    The three friends pay £10 each, which the waiter gives to the Cashier
    The Cashier hands back £5 to the Waiter
    But the Waiter can't split £5 three ways, so he gives the friends £1 each and keeps £2 as a tip.
    They all paid £10 and got £1 back. £10-£1 = £9
    There were three of them 3 X £9 = £27
    If they paid £27 and the waiter kept £2: £27+£2=£29
    Where did the other pound go? £30 - £1 = £29

The meal was £25
    The waiter gets £2
    Thats £27
    3x9 is 27.
  • I hope this holiday has been booked around the fixtures?

If you have a season ticket, make your mate who is being a dick go to the games as punishment!
  • robroy said:

I hope this holiday has been booked around the fixtures?

If you have a season ticket, make your mate who is being a dick go to the games as punishment!

If only, not a season ticket holder and havent been for over 2 years.... Also person who dropped out is not a football fan so wouldn't ever get him to go :P
  • aliwibble said:

I'm in the "split the difference" camp. Work out the cost of the holiday plus the admin fee to change the name on the booking, and they each pay half of that. So Mr Replacement pays the admin fee to the holiday company and pays Mr Flaky half of (the booking cost minus the admin fee). So Mr Replacement still gets a cheap holiday, and Mr Flaky gets some money back and doesn't feel like he's paying for Mr Replacement to have fun with his mates.

Sound logic really, cant argue with that or anything towards the holiday. Just not my place its the other mate really who could do the 'right thing' loosely as i feel he shouldn't need to but as a mate would be a good gesture and a better way.

@JohnBoyUK again valid option still, the biggest problem is neither party agrees and i dont feel a compromise is going to happen. Even if it did and Mate 2 paid some 'compensation' as goodwill it would still all leave a sour taste.

Technically i dont need to be involved really but i am always very upfront so hence why i am trying to help and not sugar coat anything.
    Probably true now - If mate 2 had paid a token amount - even £60-£80 quid up front, given he didn't book holiday and has costs - probably woudl have sorted it. Legally, clearly there is no obligation, but you would expect the mate who is gaining advantage of a cheap holiday to make some sort of gesture. Otherwise it looks like he is simply taking advantage of mate 1s misfortune which isn't something mates do.
    but the only reason new guy can go is because all he can afford is this amendment fee. He couldn't afford the whole holiday

I heard that a certain someone has rejected the chance to move to Greece which was only supposed to be a temporary move, in favour of a move elsewhere. Another person is on the move as a replacement at a cheaper price & more lad points.
  • Have an arm wrestle. Whoever wins gets their way. No arguments.
  • Have an arm wrestle. Whoever wins gets their way. No arguments.

I believe that's how things are done in most governments now days.