Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Duchatalet and a Wembley quandary?

edited August 2017 in General Charlton
I realise I'm jumping the gun here and it's a purely hypothetical question, but what if we were to reach a Wembley play off spot, I wonder would he have the gall to turn up?

Comments

• I would guess that he wouldn't turn up, no.
  • I can't begin to imagine Katrien revelling in a Wembley appearance. I just hope they'd have enough vol-au-vents for Perkes.
  • If we got to Wembley I'd even buy him a pint. More chances of seeing pigs fly at the valley.
  • Redrobo said:

If we got to Wembley I wouldn't care if he was there or not!

Cost a fortune in plastic pigs if he is though.

Can we throw Frisbees instead? More chance of hitting the pitch from the higher tier's!
  • I realise I'm jumping the gun here and it's a purely hypothetical question, but what if we were to reach a Wembley play off spot, I wonder would he have the gall to turn up?

Just as interestingly, would the non attending fans turn up?
  • No way of knowing with that mad old bastard but it would make for a viciously toxic atmosphere. Let's see who he flogs off this month and how long before he spins the mental merrygoround and sacks the fat scouse gobshitter-in-chief then we'll see better how slim that chance might be.
    Squirrel face would guilelessly show up for sure and be about as welcome as a shit sandwich
  • Redrobo said:

Can we throw Frisbees instead? More chance of hitting the pitch from the higher tier's!
    What a great idea :smile: except from getting them past security :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Essex_Al said:

I realise I'm jumping the gun here and it's a purely hypothetical question, but what if we were to reach a Wembley play off spot, I wonder would he have the gall to turn up?

it would be a sad sight to see us at Wembley and we take less than what Tranmere Rovers took to the National league final last year.
  • Redrobo said:

What a great idea :smile: except from getting them past security :-(
    Odd-job style Frisbee throw at the security's head? Job done haha! :smiley:
  • I wonder how many fans would abandon their boycott if we reached Wembley. Blackpool only took 5k to the League 2 play off final last season.
  • I hope boycotting fans would turn up. Hopefully we and they will still be here long after he has gone so why spoil a good day out. Also only a small proportion of the ticket money will go to RD or CAFC.
  • PopIcon said:

I wonder how many fans would abandon their boycott if we reached Wembley. Blackpool only took 5k to the League 2 play off final last season.

That is the benchmark, it was a fantastic gesture by the Blackpool fans, must have been a fair few of them busting a gut to go.
  • Essex_Al said:

I would.
  • Essex_Al said:

I would.
    I wouldn't
  • RD would just watch it on TV
  • edited August 2017
    Essex_Al said:

I still go to some away games so I'm not fully non-attending, though I am non-attending when it comes to home games. Regardless, I'd do my best to get a ticket for the playoff final.

Highly doubtful Roly would make an appearance though. Besides, Katrien would want all the attention to herself so she'll probably put him off from going.
  • edited August 2017
    Essex_Al said:

I'd sit with the opposition fans just so you can't take the moral high ground ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Roland wouldn't turn up and I wouldn't want him to either. What's the point.

People would be talking about it when the only thing worth talking about would be the football itself.

I'm pretty certain a lot of fans would break their boycott to watch charlton at wembley in a play off final.
  • Essex_Al said:

I still go to some away games so I'm not fully non-attending, though I am non-attending when it comes to home games. Regardless, I'd do my best to get a ticket for the playoff final.

Absolutely legitimate position. Wembley is not a home game unless you support Spurs.
  • PopIcon said:

I wonder how many fans would abandon their boycott if we reached Wembley. Blackpool only took 5k to the League 2 play off final last season.

That is the benchmark, it was a fantastic gesture by the Blackpool fans, must have been a fair few of them busting a gut to go.
    Not going to matches is nuts, I'm not sure there's a description for the insanity of a Charlton fan that doesn't go to watch us at Wembley.
  • se9addick said:

PopIcon said:

Not going to matches is nuts, I'm not sure there's a description for the insanity of a Charlton fan that doesn't go to watch us at Wembley.
    I think the word you're looking for is 'principle'.
  • se9addick said:

PopIcon said:

You shit the bed?