Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Terrell Thomas next season

When I ever saw this lad he impressed me. Big and powerful and moved across the pitch very quickly.
I do know that the academy team rate him and I wonder whether he could figure next season.
I only mention this as we have been linked to a couple of centre backs who are not much older than him.

Comments

• Good question.

On a similar theme I wonder about Harry Lennon. I like the look of him.

Physical presence, seems to have a reasonable turn of pace and scores the odd goal yet disappeared without trace after his sending off away to Oxford.
  • Out of contract and suspect he will be let go.

But I was impressed the few times I saw him.
  • pettgra said:

When I ever saw this lad he impressed me. Big and powerful and moved across the pitch very quickly.
    I do know that the academy team rate him and I wonder whether he could figure next season.
    I only mention this as we have been linked to a couple of centre backs who are not much older than him.

Interesting you should mention his movement. I always thought there's more than a hint of Jar Jar Binks in the way he moves! I too always thought he was in with a shout. But what do I know!
  • Out of contract and suspect he will be let go.

But I was impressed the few times I saw him.

That is a shame if that happens. I hope KR does not turn a blind eye to the academy in his quest to bring in his own players.
  • Am I the only one who at first sight read that as Terry Thomas.

You absolute shower!
  • bobmunro said:

Am I the only one who at first sight read that as Terry Thomas.

You absolute shower!

I am so glad I did not make a typing mistake!
  • I live a few miles from Woking. Seen him once, spoken to Cards fans and he has impressed in a poor side at a level not far below our own. Must be worth another deal, especially if Tex and Bauer go.
  • Terrell is out of contract and is being released, said goodbye on Monday night
  • Terrell is out of contract and is being released, said goodbye on Monday night

Shame. That one might come back and bite us.
  • I've also seen him play for Woking a few times. Decent/good player at that level but not outstanding imo. Don't think he'll make it in L1 or higher.
  • Sponsored links:

• Came on as a sub at the weekend and started for Wigan in the cup tonight.

:/ I mean we're chock-a-block with center backs but if Konsa leaves it will look even sillier.

That said, it's hard because given our current set up he would be fifth choice (sixth before Tex left). And it must be hard to appeal to a 20 year old with either that, or with the prospect of potentially going out on loan again had he re-signed. It's kind of a conundrum. There was clearly talent there but it's kind of like, what do you do with him?
  • Same situation as Michael Turner, promising youngster but probably wasn't going to get an opportunity when behind several experienced players.

Sometimes you let them go and they are successful and sometimes not, just live with it.
  • SDAddick said:

Came on as a sub at the weekend and started for Wigan in the cup tonight.

:/ I mean we're chock-a-block with center backs but if Konsa leaves it will look even sillier.

That said, it's hard because given our current set up he would be fifth choice (sixth before Tex left). And it must be hard to appeal to a 20 year old with either that, or with the prospect of potentially going out on loan again had he re-signed. It's kind of a conundrum. There was clearly talent there but it's kind of like, what do you do with him?
    He would be 6th choice in our squad at the minute aswell. I think the comment above by iaitch is about right
  • SDAddick said:

Came on as a sub at the weekend and started for Wigan in the cup tonight.

He would be 6th choice in our squad at the minute aswell. I think the comment above by iaitch is about right
    Yeah I suppose when Harry Lennon is fit, but no clue when that will be and he's coming up on nearly a year out of the game with injuries.
  • I think TT needed to go on loan to a league club (as do many of our current U23s).

At Woking he did well but was out of sight and so out of mind. He was also an out of contract player who could be released easily and so a few pounds saved.

I only wish him well, good player and I was lucky enough to meet his father at a game. He was a lovely guy too.
  • iaitch said:

Same situation as Michael Turner, promising youngster but probably wasn't going to get an opportunity when behind several experienced players.

Sometimes you let them go and they are successful and sometimes not, just live with it.

I was really surprised when Linvoy Primus was released, he played a few times in the 1st team and got rave reviews in one of those televised ITV league matches from the early 90s
  • Why did we let Danny Shittu leave? Had one of the best names ever. I have to say I have always rated Terrell Thomas, am not surprised he is doing well at Wigan.